126

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

97 Jack Frost (1997)

127

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

98. Scream 2 (1997)

Last edited by Theli (2013-03-06 16:10:44)

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

I voted no even though I was dying to vote yes big_smile

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

99. Cutting Class

130

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

UltraViolence wrote:

I voted no even though I was dying to vote yes big_smile

Ha ha, yeah both are great movies, just not slashers in my estimation.

Who's got 100? Make it a doozie!

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

100. The Stepfather

132

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

Which one? I assume '87?

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

Theli wrote:
UltraViolence wrote:

I voted no even though I was dying to vote yes big_smile

Ha ha, yeah both are great movies, just not slashers in my estimation.

Who's got 100? Make it a doozie!

Nope, not even close to slashers. Susperia is supernatural and Martyrs is a revenge thriller cross with a torture porn for want of a better word (still effin hate that reference!).

134

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

The whole list:

1. Halloween (1978)
2. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
3. The Burning (1981)
4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
5. The Prowler (1981)
6. Black Christmas (1974)
7. Scream (1996)
8. Maniac (1980)
9. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
10. Intruder (1989)
11. Sleepaway Camp (1983)
12. Slumber Party Massacre (1982)
13. Inside (2007)
14. Stage Fright (1987)
15. Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
16. Haute Tension / High Tension (2003)
17. Deep Red (1975)
18. Spirit Camp (2009)
19. Candyman (1992)
20. Hatchet (2006)
21. Psycho (1960)
22. My Bloody Valentine (1981)
23. Tenebre (1982)
24. Suspiria (1977)
25. Girls Gone Dead (2012)
26. Psycho 2 (1983)
27. Madman (1982)
28. Initiation (1984)
29. New York Ripper (1982)
30. Child's Play (1988)
31. Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)
32. House on Sorority Row (1983)
33. Rabies / Kalevet (2010)
34. Frayed (2007)
35. Bay of Blood / Twitch of the Death Nerve / Carnage (1971)
36. My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009)
37. Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (2006)
38. Midnight Movie (2008)
39. The Midnight Meat Train (2008)
40. The Funhouse (1981)
41. Halloween II (1981)
42. Opera (1987)
43. Hello, Mary Lou: Prom Night 2 (1987)
44. Psycho III (1986)
45. Halloween (2007)
46. Alice, Sweet Alice (1976)
47. Friday the 13th (1980)
48. Blood and Black Lace (1964)
49. Hell Night (1981)
50. Just Before Dawn (1981)
51. April Fool's Day (1986)
52. Happy Birthday To Me (1981)
53. Nightmare (1981)
54. Cold Prey (2006)
55. Frontier(s) (2007)
56. Slaughterhouse (1987)
57. Shredder (2003)
58. Alone in the Dark (1982)
59.Terror Train (1980)
60. The Hills Have Eyes (1977)
61. Eyes of a Stranger (1981)
62. Severance (2006)
63. Rituals (1977)
64. Martyrs (2008)
65. Wrong Turn (2003)
66. American Gothic (1988)
67. The Girl who Knew Too Much (1963)
68. The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
69. The Loved Ones (2009)
70. Return to Horror High (1987)
71. Pieces (1982)
72. Cherry Falls (2000)
73. Urban Legend (1998)
74. The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)
75. Night School (1981)
76. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
77. Botched (2007)
78. Gutterballs (2008)
79. Prom Night (1980)
80. Entrance (2012?)
81. Motel Hell (1980)
82. I Saw the Devil (2010) ***
83. Drive Thru (2007)
84. Slaughter High (1986)
85. Bloody Reunion (2006)
86. When a Stranger Calls (1979)
87. Satan's Little Helper (2004)
88. Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)
89. Silent Night (2012)
90. Unhinged (1982)
91. The Mutilator (1985)
92. Dr. Giggles (1992)
93. Lovers Lane (2000)
94. The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976)
95. Pranks (The Dorm That Dripped Blood) (1982)
96. Halloween II (2009)
97.Jack frost (1997)
98. Scream 2 (1997)
99. Cutting Class (1989)
100. The Stepfather (1987)


Any opinions on I Saw The Devil, I've never seen it so I can't comment.

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

Theli wrote:

Which one? I assume '87?

Yep.  With very few exceptions I almost always prefer originals. smile

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

Theli wrote:

Any opinions on I Saw The Devil, I've never seen it so I can't comment.

Not that they are the ultimate authorities, but IMDB lists the movie as a crime/drama/thriller and the story really revolves around a cop seeking vengence against the serial killer that murdered his fiance.

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

IMO -- I Saw the Devil = brutal revenge flick and a damn good movie.  But a slasher flick?  Nope.

So it appears Suspiria and Martyrs will ultimately be removed (much larger con count than pro in the poll right now) so we need a few more opinions on I Saw the Devil before we cut it out, as well.  As DG said, majority rules.

Just in case, put on your thinking caps, folks, because it looks like we'll need at least 2 (possibly 3) more titles for replacements.

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

alien25 wrote:
Theli wrote:

Any opinions on I Saw The Devil, I've never seen it so I can't comment.

Not that they are the ultimate authorities, but IMDB lists the movie as a crime/drama/thriller and the story really revolves around a cop seeking vengence against the serial killer that murdered his fiance.


Just food for thought:  I think for a movie to be considered a slasher, there has to be a high body count done by a single killer. 

Not sure about The Loved Ones either because its more of a torture movie than a slasher.  What do you guys think?

139

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

Still haven't seen it, though it's high on the list. So, er, no comment.

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

101. Don't answer the phone

141

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

DirtyGirl wrote:

Just food for thought:  I think for a movie to be considered a slasher, there has to be a high body count done by a single killer.

Scream being the exception that proves the rule.

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

Theli wrote:
DirtyGirl wrote:

Just food for thought:  I think for a movie to be considered a slasher, there has to be a high body count done by a single killer.

Scream being the exception that proves the rule.

Haha...of course

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

DirtyGirl wrote:

Not sure about The Loved Ones either because its more of a torture movie than a slasher.  What do you guys think?

I saw it last year but don't remember much about it, which with me usually means I didn't think highly of it enough to bother remembering.  From what I do remember I'd call it a torture flick, not a slasher, but I'd have to rewatch to build a more informed opinion.

In other words, this post is completely useless as it pertains to the question at hand. lol

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

102.  Visiting Hours

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

In defense of my own entry, I saw the Devil has a body count done by psychotic killer is seven which is more than half of movies on a list.

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

DirtyGirl wrote:
alien25 wrote:
Theli wrote:

Any opinions on I Saw The Devil, I've never seen it so I can't comment.

Not that they are the ultimate authorities, but IMDB lists the movie as a crime/drama/thriller and the story really revolves around a cop seeking vengence against the serial killer that murdered his fiance.


Just food for thought:  I think for a movie to be considered a slasher, there has to be a high body count done by a single killer. 

Not sure about The Loved Ones either because its more of a torture movie than a slasher.  What do you guys think?

Yeah, as much as I liked The Loved Ones, I don't know that it fits the bill either Mary.

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

Xytras -- no doubt I Saw the Devil is a terrific movie, and I don't think anyone who's seen it would say otherwise.  But it's no more a slasher flick than say Dream Home or Audition, both of which contain far more elements of the slasher film than Devil does, but which are also not slasher flicks.  My two cents.

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

103. Tourist Trap

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

I Saw the Devil is not a slasher film for me.

Saying that though, it's a great film nonetheless but that doesn't make it a slasher by any means.

150

Re: 100 Greatest Slashers of all time.

What about Identity, that could be slasher counted

you know what, i am off to watch it now lol