Topic: Bates Motel

I hope this series is as good as I think it will be...I hope its Psycho lol
http://www.batesmotel.com/12rooms/

Re: Bates Motel

As long as we get more great Norman Bates and how he was in his young days, and what made him become what he is in the films, I am very pleased. Do I think it can do that? I don't know, I'm unsure of how it can go. I think it looks good though.

Overall, I'm excited.

It looks like it's very well done. I plan on watching it on Monday, hopefully it won't dissapoint.

Yeah, all the teasers have grabbed my attention. Im excited to see the outcome, i'll be watching!

Watched the first episode.  Intriguing and well done.  Vera Farmiga does a fine job of painting Norma Bates as a damaged woman and there's some surprisingly explicit imagery.  The kid who plays Norman -- his name escapes me at the moment -- is good, but I would have liked a bit more of the tics and twitches Anthony Perkins made famous.  But there's time for that later, I suppose.

Anyway, I think it was a solid start and am looking forward to the next episode.

I finally watched thos the other day, i was really looking forward to this after all the brief teasers bit after seeing the extended previews I was less than thrilled. Now, haveing seen the first episode It was better than I was expecting, something is up with the girl(s) though. Norman does not really seem like a "chick magnet" they are making him out to be...I see it being a set up, a horrible prank and the moment when we see Norman snap.

ChainSaW80 wrote:

I finally watched thos the other day, i was really looking forward to this after all the brief teasers bit after seeing the extended previews I was less than thrilled. Now, haveing seen the first episode It was better than I was expecting, something is up with the girl(s) though. Norman does not really seem like a "chick magnet" they are making him out to be...I see it being a set up, a horrible prank and the moment when we see Norman snap.

I totally see that happening. I guess we will see...we will see...excited!!

Am I the only one that was completely thrown off by it being set in modern day?  Norman was texting...

DirtyGirl wrote:

Am I the only one that was completely thrown off by it being set in modern day?  Norman was texting...

I was confused when Dylan had his iPhone! I was like wait what! Haha.
But tonight's episode...oooh...can't wait for next week

Just started DLing it.  Enjoyed the first ep, looking forward to this one.

You'll enjoy it..! Next week looks even more intense.

I came to the show in the middle of the season, but thankfully caught one of their marathons. I really like this show, and can't wait to see the finale tomorrow.

This is one of my favorite shows on TV right now! I can't wait for tonight's episode!

Well I picked up the first season on dvd last week and finished watching it in three nights. I enjoyed it, but hated seeing the iphone in the show. I would have liked to seen the show done in past times and not so modern.

"why do crazy people keep gravitating towards me"?

I can not believe there season 2 already, not even seen first ep of season one yet

It is on my streaming Netflix list