Topic: Reurn of the Killer Shrews (2012)

Oh boy, someone is making a sequel to The Killer Shrews (1959) (IMDB link)!

It's Return of the Killer Shrews(!) with John Schneider and Bruce Davidson.  It looks like it's doing the festival rounds right now.

Here's the official site,  and the official trailer.  The CGI is looking SyFy quality, but who cares, it's Killer Shrews!

edit- It figures I'd find this on April 1st, lol .

edit2- just found a previous bit about Return on HM.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-04-01 11:42:06)

Re: Reurn of the Killer Shrews (2012)

Oh boy. Well. This looks utterly terrible. lol

I usually don't mind a cheesy "Syfy Original Film" now and then, but judging from the trailer, I'm not sure if I could make it all the way through. It'd take some willpower, for sure.

Loved the Mst3k version of the original.

I'm a pretty big fan of the original 'The Killer Shrews'. That was quite the fun B-Movie. Though, for me, part of the charm of the film belonged to the time in which it was produced and its black & white picture. It just add a whole other layer, I feel.

You guys have weird english words. Shrew sounds like well weird. lol
But it sure looks interesting that movie.

i agree on two counts with creature. 1. I like the original 1959 film and 2. this sequel looks Baaaddd and not in a good way, the Shrew effects look terrible! the doggies in Shrew costumes in the original are much better. nice to see James best returning from the original though! i hated him as that fucking sheriff in  " Dukes Of Hazard" t.v series.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-04-04 14:01:38)