Topic: Rob Zombie Movies

Hi everyone,

With his new film, The Lords Of Salem coming out on DVD this month, I was wondering what you all thought about Rob Zombie. Are you a fan of his films? How many have you seen?

Personally, I LOVE House Of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects, however his Halloween movies were just pants and totally missed the point of the franchise. They sucked big time for me. But what do you think?

Anyone else really excited about Lords Of Salem? It looks a lot more stylish than his previous films - almost on the same vein as Suspiria or a Kubrick movie. The trailer looks pretty damn awesome - I've already pre-ordered this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IZZcCkc14c

Re: Rob Zombie Movies

I actually had a dream about Lords of Salem last night, so that must mean I'm excited!

Big fan of The Devil's Rejects. Not so much of House of 1000 Corpses, but it was a good watch.

As different as the Halloween remake is, I actually kind of like it, though the Laurie Strode character in it kind of killed it for me. Can't comment on Halloween 2 since I haven't properly watched it.

House of 1,000 Corpses -- enh. 

The Devil's Rejects -- best genre flick of the '00s IMO

Halloween '07 - admirable.  I liked it.

Halloween 2 '09 -- god awful dreck

Despite my intense dislike of his Halloween 2, I'm a fan of Zombie as a filmmaker (and a musician before that).  The sign of a good director is that you know their films the second you see them; good or bad, Zombie's films are a case in point.  The dude has a great cinematic eye.  He just needs to up his writing game.

That said, I'm hugely excited for Lords of Salem.

House of 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects are his only good films IMO.

I love his version of the Halloween films as well as House of a 1000 corpse and The Devils Rejects. So obviously I'm a fan. I'm def. looking forwards to seeing Lords of Salem.

I am SO Ready for The Lord's Of Salem!!!
I adore Dee Wallace wink
House of 1000 Corpses is my fave of the Zombieman
really wish he could and would revision House BY The Cemetary.

I didn't like House of 1000 Corpses on first viewing, but it has grown on me with subsequent viewings. I do like the Halloween movies he made, but I don't feel that they are anything special, and obviously not as good as the original. My favourite so far is The Devil's Rejects, but I can't wait to see The Lords of Salem.

Also the Haunted World of El Super Beasto is pretty funny too.

Watched the official trailer today for TLOS, and I'm pretty psyched to see it. It was shown at the theater before watching, The Evil Dead. I'm not too keen on his Halloween movie. Now that he has free reign on TLOS. I think it will rank right up there with HOATC and TDR.

TDR, is one of my all time favorite horror films.

I've always been a fan of House of 1000 Corpses. It's just a straight up, bad ass, disturbing little horror film. Nothing great, but I always thought it was solid in delivery of said horror.

The Devil's Rejects is, by far, his best film I think. It's tough, it's raw, it's gritty, and it's definitely disturbing. It also has Rob Zombie's very distinct mark of a director all over the film; it's something you just can't miss. When you watch it, you know it's HIS damn movie. I completely agree with Lon when he mentions that The Devil's Rejects is the best genre film of the 00's.

Halloween was a very good remake. The telling of Michael Myers' story is what makes the film stand out for me. Solid cast, and I love that Rob chose Malcolm McDowell for the role of Dr. Loomis. There could not have been a better choice for that role. To top off Mr. McDowell's performance, it's been said in an interview that he didn't even go out of his way to watch the original Halloween. Although this is something no horror fan would boast about, as an audience, what we saw was a whole new version of "Dr. Loomis". And a fine one at that. Which is...awesome.

Halloween 2 - His worst film, but nonetheless interesting. It's far from being great, but there were several components that I thoroughly enjoyed. I know trashy characters are a sort of Rob Zombie trademark, but in this film, I felt a bit tired of them. That being said, Scout Taylor-Compton did a magnificent job playing the role of a disturbed, deeply psychologically-troubled Laurie Strode. She's just a solid actress.

The Haunted World of El Superbeasto - I take it for what it is. It's an obscene, dirty, ROB ZOMBIE cartoon. As expected, it's vile, but it's also fun. I dig it.

As for The Lords of Salem...I'm thinking it's going to match The Devil's Rejects in terms of being well-acted, well-scripted, etc. It's a whole different approach from his previous work, and I'm very excited to see what Rob has in store for us...cannot wait!

His next project is going to be a total deviation from horror...currently titled, "Broad Street Bullies", a film (as the title implies) about the Philadelphia Flyers. It's going to be interesting to see how this movie plays out. way too early to tell of course, but who knows. This could be Rob's Academy Award-winning film. It sounds unlikely, but...we can imagine.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-04-06 17:00:50)

The devils rejects was what made me gain some faith in Zombie from being so annoyed at halloween remake and i didn't even like the original!

You'll think I'm weird but I prefer House Of 1000 Corpses MUCH more than Devil's Rejects. Hey, that's how it goes. I also loved the 2 Halloween he's made, yes even the second one.

Haven't seen The Haunted World of El Superbeasto YET but it's on my watchlist.

Oh and his fake trailer Werewolf Women of the SS was a blast.

Been listening to White Zombie since their first album so when I saw that he was doing movies Horror ones at that, I was more than happy.

Rob Zombie for me is god. Mmm THE DEVIL rather. lol

Just can't wait to see Lords Of Salem.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-13 18:09:50)

I liked his Halloween remake better than the second.
Only cause the female lead kinda annoyed me in the second.
And I liked TDR better than House of 1000 Corpses.

I liked House of 1000 corpses but it was so chaotic. Give me a bit of headache on first watch.

^^^
That's exactly why I like it better. I love chaos. lol

thedeadshallrule wrote:

I am SO Ready for The Lord's Of Salem!!!
I adore Dee Wallace wink
House of 1000 Corpses is my fave of the Zombieman
really wish he could and would revision House BY The Cemetary.

I sincerely hope to high heaven that NO ONE ever remakes House by the Cemetery - most of all Rob Zombie. neutral

^^^
*kXnPunk slaps Fulcento in the face with a trout.

kXnPunk wrote:

Been listening to White Zombie since their first album...

Some buddies turned me onto White Zombie back when I was in the service in '92, with the album La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Volume 1.  Within the first three tracks I was sold, then headed to the record store to buy their two previous albums.  Then later I also really enjoyed Zombie's solo stuff.

Just a couple days ago I was listening to my favorite back-home radio station on Iheart Radio, and they played Living Dead Girl.  I cranked up my PC speakers as loud as they'd go. lol

^^^
Oh man that song is way too good. Well like all of them anyways. smile

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
*kXnPunk slaps Fulcento in the face with a trout.

If you absolutely must then at least make it a tasty fish like a salmon!

P.s - I retract nothing, the bloke's a talentless plagiarist hack through and through, his music is barely tolerable and his films are utter guff. You've angered me kXnPunk so tomorrow I shall smack you in the face with a halibut to teach you some manners!! lol

Last edited by Fulcento (2013-04-13 19:45:06)

^^^
Mwahahaha I was waiting so much for your reply and what you wrote satisfies me very well.

But yep, to each his own. I guess you love The Exorcist which is to me the baddest and most boring movie ever made in the history of cinema so there. lol

Still we're lucky everyone likes different stuff, imagine how boring it'd be??? Hahaha

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-13 20:09:21)

How dare you say that The Exorcist is a bad film. Now I'm really mad so forget the halibut, I'm gonna wallop you with a baby basking shark tomorrow! smile

^^^
I dare because you dared say that Rob Zombie is a talentless plagiarist hack through. lol

I'll be waiting with my Balrog for tomorrow. Oh wait, I'll wait with Zombie himself rather. Gnihahahaharrr.
BTW, he is the one that did this drawing so he's extremely talented. Like it or not.

http://images4.alphacoders.com/303/30326.jpg

Oh and another reason I can't wait for Lords Of Salem is his wife, the amazing and lovely Sheri Moon. That girl is hot. And talented.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-13 21:48:54)

has to be devils rejects and/or the halloween remake(s). i love almost everything that guy does.