Topic: Halloween is not the same?

I was reading Michael Myers About me on myspace. Now accordign to that michael kills his sister Halloween 1990 at age 10 very different from the original. Now I know they were reimagneing this but i didnt think ti was this different Did anyone else knwo bout this???? but to be honest with you it sounds very excellent and it also sounds very very graphic=D which we all lvoe to see check his myspace out

http://www.myspace.com/the_boogyman_is_coming

Re: Halloween is not the same?

I read a lot of the hoop-la when the script came out and have either read or listned to most of Rob's interviews and what not. I love the original Halloween, but to do a shot for shot reamke would be an insult to John Carpenter and Deborah Hill. Rob zombie is taking a myth and putting his spin on it and like any other remake/reimage we really can't judge until we see the product. I liked the first half of house of 1000 corpses and love TDR's so I hope he stuck with his style and vision and told everyone else to go to hell. just my $.02

I no that it wasnt gonna be a shot by shot remake but i throught they would keep the years the same this one looks and sounds great anyway i love the backstoryw ith his mother being a slut the same with his sister it just sounds great

I don't think that is an official website.. Just looks like a fan created it and put up his own little fan story or something..

Goon wrote:

I don't think that is an official website.. Just looks like a fan created it and put up his own little fan story or something..

I agree......I would trust more info from real horror sites like this one and other real horror websites  than someone's myspace thingy.;)

sickf**k wrote:

I no that it wasnt gonna be a shot by shot remake but i throught they would keep the years the same this one looks and sounds great anyway i love the backstoryw ith his mother being a slut the same with his sister it just sounds great

Would disagree here. The whole concept about Mike is there is no explanation, he's simply evil incarnate.  To explain away the character will destory some of the character's power imho.

Not even going to comment on Rob Zombie doing this one, as running down a movie before you get to see the final product doesn't make a lot of sense. Seriously hope Zombie nails this one, but have my doubts after the first script release.

That's definately fan made.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

That's definately fan made.

must be a pretty lousy fan

I really hope that they keep the fact that he's pure evil and not turn him into a kid with a crappy family and several psychological trauma because of that. I think it's creepier if they say that it was a normal, loving and caring family and he still was evil.

umm i think the main thing everybody should be worried about in the horror world is if this movie becomes successful will it send ripples through the horror entertainment to create more spins on classics that we all love.i mean its been done with leatherface and hills have eyes but if this really makes money it will open a floodgates of remakes that might suck.horror world needs fresh blood

Ummm dude.. Halloween was really like the last classic film to be remade.. The floodgates opened like three years ago..

Goon wrote:

Ummm dude.. Halloween was really like the last classic film to be remade.. The floodgates opened like three years ago..

Just to give everyone nightmares how long before the Dunes announce THE EXORCIST remake with Bay directing roll Ultimate evil loves explosions, see have the by-line already wink

For Aussie fans we aren't being left out, the cult classic LONG WEEKEND has a remake coming roll

Kruz in total agreement.

Yea I love Long Weekend we reported on that awhile back.. The Birds, Friday the 13th, The Wolfman, The Creature From the Black Lagoon.. They are all getting remakes.. Alice, Sweet Alice, Prom Night.. I could go on and on with remakes that are being made..

What?! The Creature from the Black Lagoon is gonna be remade? When did they announce this?

This was the first bit of news about the Creature Remake.. Whether it happens soon or not is anyones guess.. But it will happen..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_4147.html