Re: 2 explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon

^^
By default, anyone who would do that is mentally ill.  Not an excuse, but normal humans couldn't bomb innocents like that.  As for the media, they'll spin it one way or another, due either to agenda or ratings, no matter who is the person(s) responsible.

Udo wrote:

No but disapproval was implied in saying that..

regardless, it still makes no sense.

Remember when we were kids and did some crazy stuff our parents would punish us???
Well to me, something THAT violent should deserve a punishment that equals the stuff they've done. A guy murders people, he gets 10 years in jail. A guy that injures 140 and kills 3 one of them a kid especially at one major sport event should get as worst. EVerybody that hurts kids to me deserves nothing else than Death. Some people in the past have commited crimes way less violent and got their heads cut, were hung or even worst like the Salem Witches, burned. Hey, that's my opinion. Agree or not, I'll still think the same way.

The medias will talk about this for months. In every news show.
Can't wait to see what results the FBI investigation will give us.

I totally understand both sides of the death penalty argument. I'm not trying to take a side here and I'm not trying to be disrespectful. But to say you don't understand why people commit violent acts at the same time as condoning violence in the preceding sentence is kind of hypocritical. I mean people find their own justification for violence, just as you believe they should be punished. I personally think It's all a big pile of shit. So if you are going to argue for the death penalty, then at least be consistent about it.

Last edited by Udo (2013-04-18 23:10:43)

I think I just was.

*raises eyebrow suspiciously*

I'm not sure if i can accept your backwards logic but ok..

yay for violence!

I don't think its hypocritical to suggest that people that hurt innocent people should be severely punished.  That's not hypocritical.  If you hurt an innocent person in a cowardly way you deserve bad things to happen to you.  Potentially painful and life ending things.  To me that's logical.

If you are a bad person that hurts innocent people you should be hurt.  If you are a good person that does not hurt innocents you should be left alone.  You're not coming from the same place, and  shouldn't be treated the same.

^^^
My point exactly.

Cool Punk.  smile

To me, its like saying it is hypocritical to put kidnappers in prison.  If you are against kidnapping, how can you be for people being confined against their will in prison?  That's hypocritical.  Either you're against everyone being confined against their will, or no one.

I'm not trying to start anything, honestly, I just don't get that logic.

Either way, wish the best for those affected.

No that was not my point at all.

I was trying to say that it's hypocritical to be for and against violence simultaneously. It's like some weird perverted sense of denial. Just don't be all like: 'i hate violence so let's execute'. It is a contradictory and absurd statement to make.

I guess the real argument is whether violence can be justified. You guys vote yes. I also vote yes.

so yay for violence!

Ok, I do kinda get what you mean, and you are entitle to your opinion of course. 

I still disagree that it is hypocritical to be for and against violence at the same time.  Say there was a mass shooter actively shooting, and a sniper had a beed on him.  At the exact same moment I would be against the shooter and hate that violence, and for the sniper ending the shooter's life and stopping the violence.  I do not think that is hypocritical at all. 

That said, if your problem is precisely a statement like "I hate violence so let's execute"...I do get your point as that statement seems to be at odds with itself.

Again though, I respect your opinion and am not getting in a war.  smile

No you are right. That is not hypocritical at all.

But to just be throwing out death wishes like it's nothing is dangerous, I think. Especially when there is absolutely no information to who the perpetrators were.

It's like saying in a really general fashion, that when others are violent to us, that's negative violence. but when we are violent to others, that's JUDGEMENT. stop galloping around on your moral high horses.

but yes.. like all unnecessary violence, what happened in Boston was a terrible tragedy.

and yeah maybe I read into Punk's comment too literally haha. but I found it alarming so that's why I commented. I get what you guys mean though wink

I get what you mean too!  smile  Great thing about this site, respectful debate that occasionally even ends with agreement.

Now...on to religion!  smile

ok. I think satanism is the best religion. Down with your puny gods! heil the black lord lucifer!!

Samael OWNS!!!
Well every damn Demon does. lol

No death penalty.  Make them sit in solitaire until they rot.

It's worse.  Trust me on that.

^^^
True that.

There's an insane man hunt and shooting that's happening in there now. A suspect stole a SUV and threw explosives at the cops following. They say about 30 gun shots were done. A cop dead. Damn, RIP and my sympaties to the family.

More of this crazy crap. Like everywhere in the world everyday. Sigh.
Oh what a stupid world wo oh yeah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FntldhPKFwo

Apparently cops have killed one of the 2 bombing suspects.  The other got away.  For now.  We will find you, scumbag.

Yes he's dead. He was taken into custody and died there. And yes we definitely will find this bastard.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-19 04:36:33)

we?

^^
Yes, the collection of good people in the world.

Yes us the ones that still have a psychotic free mind.

The interview of their uncle was pretty wild. He said the survivor of the 2 should turn himself in, he brought shame to his family and worst than that, to all Checheny. Damn I bet.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-19 13:23:23)

Been listening to the boston feed since just after the MIT guy was shot last night. Never thought I'd hear, "Shots fired. They're throwing explosives at us!" Chilling stuff all throughout the night.

Looks like the have tracked the perps down. I was just watching the news. Police seem to be outside the residents of one of the suspects.

As for death penalty: I am pretty much against it. Not because I have anything against scum bags dying, but because I am against innocent people dying. So unless there is irrefutable proof (I.E. footage) or the perp chooses to die (I think this should be allowed). It costs lots of money to keep people alive and fed and housed for 10, 20, 30 years, but it costs much more from the human soul to kill an innocent person. Also an exception must be made for severely mentally ill people. You could say anyone who kills is crazy (maybe), but think about every military personel who has killed people, maybe even innocents, I don't know that they were all crazy, they just believed what they were doing is right.

I also am not opposed to violence, so don't count me a hypocrite (though like everyone else, I am). I think controlled violence is one of the greatest things for society. Things like horror movies, martial arts (MMA, boxing too), even mosh pits at concerts, and violent video games are excellent ways for people to relieve their stress and experience a certain amount of violence that is innately hungered for in the human mind.

People who think they could do something and not suffer the full extent of the consequences, shouldn't do that shit to begin with. I have no sympathy for those who don't have sympathy for others.
Violence against innocent people is wrong. Violence against those who cause violence, in my opinion isn't wrong.
You make your own bed when you wake up in the morning. You have to deal with the consequences and punishments.
If that means they get 25 years, so be it. If that means they get the death sentence, so be it.
But I won't be crying for the guy if he gets sentenced to death.
That's my 2 cents. And that's all I have to say on the matter tongue