Topic: Anthropophagus: The Grim Reaper

A.K.A Anthropophagus: The Beast. Dir: Joe D'amato

Hi guys, I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I've never seen this film and have been wanting to see it for years. I finally have the chance to see it and I have the option of either English subtitles or English dub. I can't decide. Any recommendations as to which version would be superior?

cheers
any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Anthropophagus: The Grim Reaper

If you don't wanna miss a thing go for the dub.
I personaly prefer subtitles as I can't hear the REAL emotions and language. Never been a fan of dubs. The only thing is that's it demands much more attention.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-16 00:48:42)

I find dubs can be really great in those old 70s style horror films, similarly to how dubs are great in old 70s Kung Fu films. Sometimes they're a bit of a fail though...

It really depends on the film for me. Usually 'high culture' foreign films I watch in their own language, but 'low culture' foreign films I'll watch dubbed. I guess I just answered my own question. Nevertheless, I'm curious to know what you guys think in regards to 'Anthropophagus' in particular.

I have the dubbed version on VHS and i found i didn't really lose anything. I myself prefer the subtitles, all in all a good movie.

I have the DVD I'm not sure if there was an option for subtitles (which I normally watch) but I've only seen it dubbed. It had decent dubs. Great cinematography and some extreme and creative gore. A little slow moving but I dig that in movies. What did you think UDO?