Topic: upcoming classic remakes

what upcoming classic horror film remake are you looking forward to the most? i'm definately going to have to say creature from the black lagoon, though i dont know when (if ever) it will come out. i've been waiting anxiously for several years now to see this classic remade. however, production is going through hell and there's still not much news about how it's coming along. i heard they more recently hired a new screen writer, who i really hope gets the job done so i can see the creature death gripping peoples faces on the big screen.

Re: upcoming classic remakes

I think most classic horror movies have been remade haven't they?

When I was a kid I loved the 1950s big ants film, THEM!  Not sure if that's been remade or not.

They already remade Creature from the Black Lagoon.  It was called Anaconda. big_smile

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1686018/?ref_=sr_3

Was this not loosely based off of Creature of the Black Lagoon? It's a horrible movie, so don't even waste your time on it.

But Creature of the Black Lagoon is one of the best sci-fi horror films ever, so I would rather them not go near it at all, but it will probably end up happening.

LoudLon wrote:

They already remade Creature from the Black Lagoon.  It was called Anaconda. big_smile

So now we're waiting for Anaconda to be remade.  Or perhaps not.

By the way, can you imagine a remake of the Incredible Shrinking Man.

Far too much CGI, I think. Truly awful.

PS. Is ISM sci-fi, or sci-horror?

I dunno.. both?

That movie came about during the 50s when the American public became skeptical of scientific progress, as a result of the Atomic bombing of Japan.. and just nuclear anxiety during the cold war in general.. I believe same goes for 'Them!'...

It's just sci-fi for me. I don't know how someone would claim it to be a horror film in any way.

Curious to see a It remake. Been hearing they're going to turn it into a two part movie for a while. I hope it gets made.

THAT!!!
Damn H3LL YES THAT indeed. Please, please, please make it happen!!! lol
http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/01/war … -gremlins/

I am excited for The Town That Dreaded Sundown remake because it sounds like it has good potential and the original was great

Someone told me Halloween is getting another remake ?

I not if it's true or not

I not sure Kingdom of the Spiders is going to happen yet!