Re: Stanley Cup 2013

The refs not calling tripping on Chicago in the last 40 secs with 6 on 5 could have made a big difference. I guess we'll never know... but as a Boston fan that didn't go down well. Some great Hockey. Man, Chicago are fast on the ice!

Yeah my Hawks are surprising me. But Boston are HUGE and that's freaky how big guys like this can be so fast too. Damn good Hockey this year, extremely.

Yeah, I know a lot of Boston fans complained about the no tripping call.  With so few penalties called a lot of things were let go.  I'm thinking, the forearm to the back of Toews head that eventually knocked him out of the game (maybe longer), and that wasn't called affected the game as well. 

That said, I'm not looking to start an argument here.  Things have been really respectful, especially considering we're rooting for different teams and this has been such a close series.

I do not want a game 7.  I want the Hawks to end it Monday.

^^^
Hahaha

Yeah we respect each others because we're all even if on different sides, we love good games.

Yeah man, I don't know, I want a game 7 because it makes more games to watch but at the same time I want them to win on monday so I guess either way with keep me entertained and smiling. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-23 10:49:18)

Always respectful.  Detroit is such a respectful sports city.  We're wild, we're loyal, but we love the game.  I'm a hockey fan before I am a team fan.  I get choked up when I watch the national anthems play, I get excited for every second no matter who has the puck.  No matter who wins the Cup, I love watching the team raise the Cup knowing that they are sharing with me the BEST moment of their lives.  Although I hope Boston pulls it out and pushes a Game 7, it would still rock to see Chicago win later today!

Waiter, I'll have an order of Hockey please.

Wow!  Great game!  So excited Hawks are champs!

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-06-24 22:45:15)

What an insane ending!

Where's my boy, Punk?!?!?!?!??!??!!?!?????!?!?!?

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-06-24 23:43:32)

Seriously!  Punk...where are ya bro!???!?!?!?!?!?!!??

That was such an amazing game.  My hats off to the Blackhawks.  Props also go to the Boston crowd for NOT ONCE booing while they were celebrating the victory.  Extra props to Shaw for being murdered on the ice and still having an aggressive game after that.  Bravo!

Well...just want to say.  This is my honest synopsis.  I don't like talking about some things till they're over.

As I stated several times, I was hopeful about the Hawks chances, but not optimistic. 

I was not worried bout the Minnesota series.  I just wanted them to win it quick so they played few games.  They won in 5.

I was very worried about the Wing series.  On paper, Hawks had beat the Wings something like 9 in a row, and had a much better season than the Wings.  However, its hard to dominate a team in the regular season, and have that continue into the playoffs.  Especially division foes.  Look at Football, they always say its hard to beat a team 3 times in one season.  Hawks won in 7, and it was an overtime game, after being down 3 games to 1.  Man, what a series.

I was not worried bout the Kings.  As like with Minnesota, just wanted them to win quick. A lot of people picked the Kings, and I just didn't see it.  Hawks won in 5.

I was very worried bout Boston.  Now, before Boston dominated the Pens, my biggest fear for the Hawks was Pitsburg.  I probably would have actually picked them to win if I was making an objective choice.  So I was not as worried as I would have been for the Pens, but after the way Boston played, I was still concerned. 

Then the series went the way it went.  I had some good feelings before some games the Hawks won, an bad feeling to ones they lost.  I had a bad feeling about this game 6.  Right before it started I got kinda pumped, but I was pretty nervous.  Felt better after it got tied up, and the way the Hawks chilled in the 2nd period, and played more of their game.

I did not think the Hawks would tie it up, but I DID have hope.  Remember back to last year, when the Hawks played the Coyotes, and all those ot games, and the late ties by the Hawks.

However, 2 goals, 17 seconds apart, the last in the last minute to take the lead!  Amazing.  EPIC finish.  Its also being overshadowed, but that last 58 seconds, the Hawks played great defense!  Brilliant!

Hats of to the Bruins.  Tough team, and gave it their all.  They should be proud.

In the end, the better team won and the Cup is going to Chi Town!  smile

Ok, sorry....just felt like sharing, and I feel comfortable doing it here.  They get mean on the sports sites.  smile

I love hockey conversations!! Going to be an exciting off season!

http://i.imgur.com/eMVHjq0.gif?1

That just made my day, Justin!

Woo Hoo!  Champs!

http://i42.tinypic.com/69jqx1.gif

What an epic finish!

http://i.imgur.com/9e5MPxz.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/pX1JYyW.gif?1

http://i.imgur.com/7yn0yPO.gif?1

LOL, guys! Making me wanna dance.

Great series... congrats Chicago.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Seriously!  Punk...where are ya bro!???!?!?!?!?!?!!??

Hahahah here I am, watched the game at my friend's so I had no internet access, he didn't want me to bother him putting the Hawks win all over. lol

BUT OH DAMN YEEESSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssss!!!

I'm a freaking happy guy. Finally my wishes came true.
Thank you that genie in the bottle. big_smile

And WHAT A GAME it was, what an amazing game.

Very interesting thoughts about the series Ghostseeker, I agree with you totally.

Yeah, the Bruins were a really though team and beating them up like our Hawks did was a proof that Chicago are the best. Well at least this year.

Now I truely hope my Devils will be better next year. They sucked bad this year.

But damn I'm sad it's over. What an aweFREAKINGsome series they gave us. Now I gotta wait for the next season to start off and I'm sad.
I sure wish it'd never end. Congrats to the Big Bad Bruins, they were really hard to beat.

BUT WE DID IT!!! Wooooooohoooooooooo!!!

It was party time like mad at my buddy's you can't believe how much. big_smile

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a9c9034288e4eea283d26db61096b5e3/tumblr_mljej2438q1ru37x6o1_400.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-25 05:19:01)

I'm so pumped up for next season.  Punk and Ghost, and anyone else if you want, I'll be doing a ESPN fantasy league next year with a bunch of my friends.  I don't know the limit but I think the minimum is like 8 or something.  I'd love to have you guys along, f you want.

If you explain to me what this is I might get in. I have no idea of what this is at all.

Well, a group of friends create ESPN accounts and you get a team where you can pick your players and how they do in real life translates to points (Plus/minus, goals, assists) and you play to win the league (it's a free one so no money).  The draft part is fun at the beginning, too because they pick an order and you have to get the perfect team before others get your players.  It's really fun and I only do it with friends so no douchebags.

I won't lie and say that I'm a big hockey fan.  But when it comes to the,  Stanley Cup finals... ya gotta love it! That was a good series, and Chicago sure came on strong in the final game.

Congrats to Chicago, and their fans!

Last edited by Underdog (2013-06-26 09:53:12)

Thanks a lot Underdog. Was definitely a nice game.

OldLaughingLady, sounds cool. I'm sure I'd like it.
Remind me about it when it starts though cause I will certainly forget it in a few months. big_smile

If you have not seen this, you need to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p … 93FLfgKz-E

Garden - Thanks for the fantasy invite.  Remind me when we get closer.