Re: Stanley Cup 2013

The Flyers are like the Rangers.  They always start off strong and thirsty and usually by mid season, they just drop off the radar, win some, lose some but never make an impact.

Oh true, forgot about that. Clarke's days are far beihind.

Game 4 is coming fast.

And screw you crapnadians.
That goal was good.

Reminds me when my Nordiques Côté's one was too but was refused.
Against them.
In fucking Semi-Finals.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-08 11:06:29)

Doubt there would still be an NHL if they tried to stick to the original six, you need large markets to expand your exposure and grow the game, not to mention to provide future players.  You never heard hockey mentioned let alone played on the west coast before the NHL expanded.  Now you have players from California and Texas playing in the NHL.  It is good for the game and the NHL's survival.
I am not a Kings by any means, but they certainly did earn their cup last year.  As an eight seed, they beat all of the higher seeds in the west and won the cup while never losing a road playoff game.  Like them or dislike them, you have to give them credit for what they achieved.  And they didn't dump their payroll the year after winning it like Chicago did a couple years back.
Not a big Sharks fan either, but I was happy to see them sweep the cannucks.  Still amazes me that these guy can beat the living s**t out of one another then shake hands after the series.  The fans certainly couldn't do that.  Win or lose, they would go out and riot. lol

All four of tonight's games are going to be wicked and so meaningful to get the W.  I'm gonna be on the edge of my seat yelling at the TV so much

So true alien.
And for the riots, definitely what happened 2 years back in Montreal. Cop cars on fire, broken store windows, lots of arrests.

Hey, normal, they were crapnadian fans. lol

And yes OldLaughingLady, I was exactly like that.

Boston is just destroying Toronto. Wings just scored getting a 2-1 lead with 9 and a half left in the 2nd.  So exciting!

About time Boston wakes up. And cool for the Red Wings. EVERY year they are good and it's been a damn while like that... Happy the Hawks are winning 3-1 now. YAY!!!

yes this is the 22nd year in a row Wings are in the Playoffs

That's just awesome. Wow.
When I was younger [a million years ago it seems] my bro and I were having fights, I was for the Wings and he was for the Kings. He got punched very often, hey, I'm the oldest so. lol

During the Wings game they made an interesting point.  The entire Cup Playoffs last year had 16 OTs and (before last night) already had 12 and now has 13 or 14 in only the first round....that's awesome to me.  OT victories are the kind of games I want to see.  Edge of your seat, scream at your tv, forget all other problems for a brief time and root for the team you love.  Hockey!

^Yeah Matt, it has been intense this year, some great game thus far.  Though I kind of wish that they would use the regular season format for overtime in the playoffs which would probably shorten the game times.  Between hockey and baseball, it makes it difficult to find the time to squeeze in a movie at night.

^^^
That's why I don't follow Baseball much. For me, winter is Hockey only.
But after they [the Hawks hopefully] win the Stanley Cup I'll switch. smile

And yes, they should definitely find another way for over time. Sometimes it's way too long.

On NHL's site, they ask who is gonna win Lindsey's trophy between Crosby, Ovechkin and St-Louis to which I replied Crosby. Of course. lol

I love multiple overtimes.  Shootouts are great but are based on luck sometimes (of course regulation and ot goals are luck, too) but the point of Stanley Cup is team based and shootouts are individual.

I wouldn't want the shootout, just the 4 on 4 for overtime.  It opens up the ice and makes the game so much faster.  I remember the Ducks Wings series many years ago where a game went to triple overtime and that game took forever.

When I was playing overtime was the most stressful thing ever. Man talk about tension... Especially for a goalie like I was.

And it is stressful on the fans too!  The smallest error could cost your team the game.  You watch games like that and you are so pumped full of adrenaline by the time it ends.  It's exhausting particularly if the team you are rooting for loses.

Damn yes. I can only imagine the stress the teams have to go through as I lived it in my days.

My little bro almost made it to the NHL but decided to stop competition after being the second best scorer of the Junior Major league.

Right after Crosby can you imagine??? Guess I showed him to play very well and that makes me really proud. big_smile

Man what a great game the Hawks are playing now. They lead 5-1 and I'm very happy about that.

Also happy that the crapnadians are 4-1. So are the Canucks 4-0 against them damn, what a bad team they have this year.

Woo Hoo!  Hawks win!

Yes sir!!! HURRAH!!!

And what a game it was their plays were great.

Later today's lineup (friday) is going to be off the hook.  I already can hear the swear words I'm screaming at my TV

Hahaha man, you scream so loud I can hear it here in Quebec. lol

But yes it's gonna be quite the night. I'm glad they show it on "normal" channels and not only on sports ones which I sadly don't have.

I have them but am grateful for being on the normal channels just because more viewership

Ah yeah, didn't think about that but it's true.

Well first part is almost over, still wonder who'll get in semi and in finals.