Re: Stanley Cup 2013

Wow!  That was freakin insane!  Seriously, like I could hardly relax and enjoy the game.  I was defeated going into overtime.  They kept their game up though. 

Coming back from down 3 games to 1.  I THINK this is the first time a team I was totally rooting for has done that.   

Seabrooke's goal was sweet.  No taking THAT one back.  I'm stoked.  Amazing.

Honestly, for Red Wing fans, man that team played great.  Zetterberg and Howard were game changers. 

Of course, thee goals disallowed in one series?  Two of them VERY questionable, and total game changers.  Wonder if that's a record?

Go Hawks!

^^^
Questionable indeed. But I don't know if it's a record.

It ALWAYS reminds me of the winning goal that was refused to Nordiques Côté. We could have gotten to the finls if it hasn't been for that.

Damn referees. lol

Hopefully the Hawks will keep playing good games.

AND WIN THE CUP!!! I'd be stoked.

Sorry for my few day absence, been busy with some personal crap that is now over!

Last night's game was some of the best back and forth hockey I've ever seen.  That BS call that called off the Hawk's goal with a minute and a half left made up for the penalty shot bs from the other day.  The better team won and I'm looking forward now to Hawks eliminating LA and Boston eliminating Pittsburgh so that we can have an Original Six Stanley Cup showdown between Hawks and the Bruins! That's my dream.

I was sad my Wings lost, though, because I wanted them to go on to win the Western Conference one more time before moving to Eastern in the fall.  Oh well.

Man what a game, what a series!  I am so very happy that the Hawks were able to pull it out.  Now I can really enjoy the final games cause there are no teams that I dislike left in the playoffs.

I, too, am happy with the remaining 4 teams, although saying in public I like the Penguins, in Detroit, not a good idea.  In my defense, I have like 100 family members in and around Pittsburgh so I can say I'm "obligated" to keep family peace, lol.  Going to be a good remaining 2 rounds.  I hope to see lots of overtime and Game 7's

Hahaha Well done.

Always liked Pittsburg too. Especially the latest years.
And yes, I'm sure it's gonna be a great semi-final, games 7 and well overtime no, way too stressful for me. lol

I don't know why, but I have always kind of rooted for Pittsburg, ever since the days of Lemuix and Jager.  Now with Syd the Kid and Malkin it is kind of like those days all over again.
The semi-finals feature great match ups, so the series should be really close.  Just a great time to be a hockey fan!

That's the time I love the most during the whole season. We really see amazing games during that time.

But damn do I miss the 80's series man, it was incredibly amazing.
And Esposito, my all times favorite goalie with Dryden and Brodeur was in the Blackhawks.

It'd still be a great matchup. Very good teams.
Well but the Kings, I still don't know or care, I know they won the cup but still I can't make up my mind about them, lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-30 22:34:21)

Looks like a lot of sports people are picking the Kings.  I'm surprised by that.  However, glad as well.  Should pump the Hawks a bit.

I think what pumps up the Hwaks the most is their win against Motor City. big_smile

hey hey, it's Hockeytown, we trademarked that!!

Hahaha yeah that's because of the financial situation of the car industry. lol

Damn I hate to wait for the results until morning. Sites don't update til then. Crap. It didn't show on CBC so I can't wait to see won won. Damn lazy sites programmers. Should be up right after the game ends up. hmm

Good games yesterday.  I still see Pittsburg pulling it out, but either way, I want that to be a tough 7 game series.

Go Hawks!

hockey hockey hockey!

The end of the 2nd period in the penguins/Bruins game was pretty intense. A lot of anger out there. C'mon Bruins!

Good game yesterday, GO HAWKS GO!!!

Go Hawks!

Hawks 2, Kings 2. YAY!!!
Chicago leads 2-0.
What a great start. Come on, only 2 more like this and we make the finals. Wooohooo!!! big_smile

I can't believe the Kings won that game, I want nothing but OT and Game 7 out of both of these rounds!  Although, I do hope Boston sweeps Pittsburgh!

Holy crap... what an amazing game, and the Bruins win... Now 3 and 0.

Yeah, yesterday's game was just great. Congrats Boston.

Hopefully the Hawks will get back the way they started. But I don't matter seeing these games go up to 7. Means more fun watching them. big_smile

If anything I saw the Pens sweeping.  Nothing against Boston, but I am shocked the way that serious has went. Also disappointed as I had hoped for a tough, grueling series.

Now the Hawks have to play without Keith tonight.  Huge loss.

^^^
Huge loss indeed.

As for Boston and Pittsburg, I still can't decide which I like most but seeing any team go against the Hawks will still be fun. If the Hawks make it that is. If they, I'll be extremely pissed.

Boston is just making Pittsburgh look like Columbus, lol.

Hahaha Yeah pretty much.