Topic: The HM Member Awards

Hello ladies and kaiju, I would like to present to you the "HM Member Awards"! It's an idea I came up with where you can vote for members in 2 different categories and you can vote in nominations such as "Nicest Member", "Funniest Member", "Biggest Horror Buff".With that being said, their will be categories to vote and nominating will be until May 10th, so it would be awesome if everyone voted big_smile.  Simply just fill out the categories below on who you want to win for each category and I'll square them off in a poll. Only rule is you can't vote for yourself and be respectful because this is all in good fun, but anyways here are the categories to fill out:

CATEGORY 1
Most Helpful Member:

Most Random Member:

Funniest Member:

Best Staff Member:

Biggest Horror Buff:

Most Quotable Member:

Best Avatar:

Coolest Member:

Most Dedicated Member:

CATEGORY 2:

Most Likely To Survive A Horror Movie:

Most Likely To Get Abducted By Aliens:

Member With The Coolest Username:

Member to Lead a Killer Monkey Invasion:

Member To Fend Off A Zombie Horde:

All Around Coolest Guy:

All Around Coolest Girl:

Most Creative Member:

Kindest Member:

Last edited by Tripod (2013-05-05 16:25:47)

Re: The HM Member Awards

Most helpful: BASSI
Most Random: He whose name must not be mentioned ...
Funniest Member: LoudLon (whose sarcasm is 93% of his charm)
Best Staff member: Cap. Howdy (He's got a badass ban hammer)
Biggest Horror Buff: DirtyGirl
Most Quotable member: ALostBoy
Best Avatar: Scavenger
Coolest Member: Punk
Most Dedicated Member: Azzy

Category 2:
Most Likely To Survive A Horror Movie: Theli
Most Likely To Get Abducted By Aliens: Hellrat
Member With The Coolest Username: Meh
Member To lead a Killer Monkey Invasion: Azzy (c'mon, of course it's Azzy).
Member To Fend Off A Zombie Horde: Ghostseeker
All Around Coolest Guy: Underdog
All Around Coolest Girl: FloridaPossum
Most Creative Member: aceofspades70
Kindest Member: Wolfman1959

That was tough. I know this is just for fun, but man, I feel like I'm picking favorites. There's just too many cool members here. Everyone deserves their own category, IMO.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-05-05 16:47:06)

I'm only doing a few now.  Some will take more thought.

CATEGORY 1
Most Helpful-  No way I can pick this one.  Too many have helped with the "Help me remember a movie" posts.

Most Random Member:  Punk- he confuses even me.
Funniest Member:  I'm going with Lon for his gifs.
Best Staff Member:  Gotta be Meh the Master
Biggest Horror Buff: Lon- he's all over everything

Most quotable:  Wolfy, due to his Skype convos- "aluminiumumum", "bollocks," etc.

Best Avatar:  Lon's DeathProof one
Coolest Member:  Creature- dude loves his science for a youngin'

Most Dedicated Member:  I'm giving it to Howdy for his dedication to keeping this place safe and friendly

CATEGORY 2:

Most Likely To Survive A Horror Movie:  Rambear Panda Blackenstein Funkmaster  (Mr. Black)

Most Likely to get abducted by aliens:  All of us?

Member With The Coolest Username: Scavenger of Human Sorrow
Member to Lead a Killer Monkey Invasion:  Azzy

Member To Fend Off A Zombie Horde:  Wolfy- he just doesn't give a f', and he's British.  He'd just tear shit up.

All Around Coolest Guy:  Underdog- awesome family man

All Around Coolest Girl:  I'd go with Mavie if she was still around much.  Right now, I'm going with HQ with her ravenous desire to watch films/genres she hasn't seen before.

Most Creative Member:  Ace- he's made movies!
Kindest Member:  Dirty Girl- always kind to everyone

And like Creature said, this was very, very difficult.  You know I love all you folks.  Some of these were like picking "Who's the best (American) football/basketball/baseball player ever?"

Last edited by azathoth (2013-05-05 17:17:04)

azathoth wrote:

And like Creature said, this was very, very difficult.  You know I love all you folks.  Some of these were like picking "Who's the best (American) football/basketball/baseball player ever?"

Damn yeah crazy. Love all of us too but I decided to go checking what they are/did to me and not to the site in general. Still though as mad.

Are you nuts Tripod??? lol
Thanks bro, that's a very cool one.

So here we go...

CATEGORY 1
Most Helpful Member: Creepy Cap Howdy

Most Random Member: DemonToSome, damn man, he confuse even me and I confuse azathoth so... Hahaha

Funniest Member: monkey man boy dude buddy friend HM Knight azathoth

Best Staff Member: Meh of course

Biggest Horror Buff: LoudLon

Most Quotable Member: hellrat

Best Avatar: Any of wolfman's

Coolest Member: MoonRaven

Most Dedicated Member: alien, every damn day he puts up a review, now that's what I call dedication

CATEGORY 2:

Most Likely To Survive A Horror Movie: DirtyGirl

Most Likely To Get Abducted By Aliens: Theli, they'll just have to grab his hair. lol

Member to Lead a Killer Monkey Invasion: Mr. Black, tanks always go first tongue

Member To Fend Off A Zombie Horde: thedeadshallrule

All Around Coolest Guy: The Creature

All Around Coolest Girl: HorrorQueen where the H3LL is she, I miss the girl...

Most Creative Member: TypH, who else???

Kindest Member: Ghostseeker

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-05 17:32:56)

Category 1:

Most Helpful Member: (yet to be filled in)
Most Random Member: kXnPunk, with ease.
Funniest Member: Lon
Best Staff Member: Cap' Howdy
Biggest Horror Buff: DirtyGirl
Most Quotable Member: Az'
Best Avatar: Theli
Coolest Member: (yet to be filled in)
Most Dedicated Member: Meh

Category 2:

Most Likely To Survive A Horror Movie: Wolfman1959
Most Likely To Get Abducted By Aliens: Alien... lol
Member With The Coolest Username: The Creature
Member to Lead a Killer Monkey Invasion: Az'
Member To Fend Off A Zombie Horde: Ghostseeker
All Around Coolest Guy: Underdog
All Around Coolest Girl: HorrorQueen
Most Creative Member: aceofspades70
Kindest Member: BASSI

Like it was stated before, it is really hard to do because it's like you choosing favorites (although you're not). I tried not to put some people in multiple times, and I'll edit a few later that I didn't fill out.

If I can't vote for myself, what's the point?  Aside from the fact that I'd be hogging every category except "All Around Coolest Girl." big_smile

Ah, what the heck.  Here we go...

CATEGORY 1
Most Helpful Member:  On a personal level, my vote goes to Azzie.  We've been each other's HM venting pot more times than I can count.  Dude's a bro.

Most Random Member:  kXnPunk -- his late-night ramblings crack me up to no end.

Funniest Member: kXnPunk again.  Of all the "newbies" we've gotten over the last several months, Punk is hands-down the most entertainingly deranged.

Best Staff Member: There aren't many of us around regularly these days, but aside from me Cap is the most present.  Plus he can delete topics in forums I don't have mod authority in. lol

Biggest Horror Buff: alien25.  I watch a lot of fuckin' movies but this guy puts me to shame. 

Most Quotable Member: kXnPunk for the hat-trick.  "aweFREAKINGsome"  Talk about putting the wrong emPHAsis on the wrong sylLAble... lol

Best Avatar: Dirty Girl, when she uses her Ingrid Pitt in the sheer gown avie.  *drool*

Coolest Member: Underdog.  Devoted family man, lifelong horror fanatic, wise beyond his already considerable years. big_smile

Most Dedicated Member: Bassi.  This guy's posts tend to go ignored by most, which is puzzling considering almost every one of his posts is about movies, yet he keeps right on doing his thing.  Kudos, Bas'.

CATEGORY 2:

Most Likely To Survive A Horror Movie:  alien25.  With the sheer number of horror flicks he's seen, he knows all the tricks on how to escape just about any variety of monster or killer.

Most Likely To Get Abducted By Aliens: once again going with Punk.  They're probably worried sick about him back home. big_smile

Member With The Coolest Username: Scavenger of Human Sorrow.  'Nuff said.

Member to Lead a Killer Monkey Invasion: is there even any question?  All Hail Azzie the Monkey King, now with more poo-flinging action!

Member To Fend Off A Zombie Horde: Florida Possum.  Chick works in a prison; if she can handle murderous cons, she'd probably laugh at the threat of a zombie.

All Around Coolest Guy: Underdog, again.  I just have mad respect for the man.

All Around Coolest Girl: Dirty Girl.  Hell, they're all cool as far as I'm concerned (what's not cool about a chick who loves horror movies?) but she's done quite a bit for the site (such as revamp the entire catalogue and she's not even a staffer!

Most Creative Member:  Azzie.  I'll read his spammer beware posts and be like "Where the hell does he come up with this crazy ass shit?" lol

Kindest Member: I'm going with LordofTears on this one.  She was very gracious and friendly, and took our advice as a filmmaker to let us get to know her rather than dropping in only to pimp her flick.  MORE FILMMAKERS WHO COME BY TO PROMOTE THEIR SHIT NEED TO FOLLOW HER EXAMPLE.

We need more categories, by the way.  For instance, I'd vote HQ in a category such as, say, Most Promising Newcomer, or AceofSpades as Most Bad Ass, for example.

I was totally going to put LordofTears as Kindest Member but I decided to not because she was so new. lol

LoudLon I can't believe you could easily put me in so many ones.
Had an incredible hard time to fill these ones.

People like Underdog, UltraViolence, floridapossum, BASSI, Fulcento, Vasquez, aceofspades. JJ are missing in mine but still the ones you named deserve it. Hats off.

And LordofTears is in a totally different category to me.
She's the Lordess of Tears. big_smile

So thanks for that my man. I know I'm deranged. AND PROh3llOUD!!! lol

Almost died laughing reading that...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-05 18:50:37)

I have an idea too. Whoever wins should have the category they won as their usertitle for a month. Staff, what do you think? big_smile

^^^
Yeah great idea.
Like the thread.

I name you the member with the greatest ideas. lol

Oh man, so many great.  An amazing amount of quality people here.  And trolls get shut down faster than any other place I've ever been.  (Thanks Mods!)

And Lon, back at ya buddy.

^^^
Couldn't use better words [probably weirder ones though] to describe the people here. All the gang here just need to become presidents. We'd live in such a damn cool world if it was that way. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

Most Likely To Get Abducted By Aliens: once again going with Punk.  They're probably worried sick about him back home.

hahaha

HM kicks ass because of all the fine members who are: knowledgeable, supportive, and good people in general.

That said, this is going to be tough!!  But here we go anyway...

CATEGORY 1
Most Helpful Member: The Creature: when I first began posting he was always kind, patient, and helpful.

Most Random Member: Tripod. Talk about " that comment came outta left field."

Funniest Members: Tough call..?  Tie;  Deadhorse & Swollenguy, both get the nod.

Best Staff Member: Lon... my idol.

Biggest Horror Buff: yet another tie on this one; DG & Alien. * Jealous*

Most Quotable Member: Cap.  And you can quote me!

Best Avatar: DG.  Drool...

Coolest Members: All you regulars.

Most Dedicated Member: Another tie;  Meh & Azzy.

CATEGORY 2:

Most Likely To Survive A Horror Movie: Moviemaven.

Most Likely To Get Abducted By Aliens: Alien. DUH!

Member With The Coolest Username:Scavenger of Human Sorrow. That was easy!

Member to Lead a Killer Monkey Invasion: Ummm... Azzy??? smile

Member To Fend Off A Zombie Horde: floridapossum. She's just straight up bad ass!!

All Around Coolest Guy: Pass.

All Around Coolest Girls: All the gals here. And that's not a cop out, or a suck up, either.

Most Creative Members: Ace,  Lon, Swollen.  All are  accomplished.

Kindest Member: Wolfman. Even when the man's having a tug-o-war with his own emotions. He's always there for others.

First of all: Thanks for mentioning me in several categories. I am truly honored, and proud.

And Secondly: For those I didn't add. Too bad!! * joking, of course* Nothing personal. Probably just slipped, and at my age, simply forgot. wink

Last edited by Underdog (2013-05-06 21:15:52)

Thanks Tripod for posting this for us!  It's a great idea.

CATEGORY 1
Most Helpful Member:  Azzy.  For all the Skype convos and the for keeping out the spammers!

Most Random Member:  Punk, you can be pretty random at times, but I think Demon still wins this category.

Funniest Member:  Lon for all the one liners and funny gifs.

Best Staff Member:  Cap for all the great advice and help when I needed it.

Biggest Horror Buff: this one is a three way tie between Lon, Deadhorse, and Alien.  They always have an answer to every question.

Most Quotable Member:  Tripod for silly things you post.

Best Avatar:  Lon for sexiest avatar.  Mmm... Kurt Russell.  Now if only someone would use Jensen Ackles as an avi...

Coolest Member:  Creature for loving music, art, and VHS.

Most Dedicated Member:  Meh for building a site that we all enjoy hanging out at.  I know he works very hard to keep things running smooth for us and does it just because he is a nice guy. 

CATEGORY 2:

Most Likely To Survive A Horror Movie:  FloridaPossum for kicking butt even though she still has lots of bubblegum.

Most Likely To Get Abducted By Aliens:  Punk.  No wait...I think that already happened once before.

Member With The Coolest Username: Underdog because we all love to root for the Underdog!

Member to Lead a Killer Monkey Invasion:  Azz.  Because he will have an army of monkeys with machine guns ready to go.

Member To Fend Off A Zombie Horde:  Vasquez because he has watched a lot of zombie movies.

All Around Coolest Guy:  Deadhorse for his love of music and old movies.

All Around Coolest Girl:  Moonraven for her love of Living Dead Dolls and Metal music. 

Most Creative Member: There have been lots of talented members on HM, but Ace proved he was the best filmmaker. 

Kindest Member:  Wolfie for being good friend.  smile

Best member to stay on topic:  Bassi for posting lots of movie reviews.

Best newcomer to Horror:  HQ because she is watching tons of classics everyday and still wants more.

Best Member to know really obscure movies:  Alien because he always has good suggestions of movies that not everyone knows.

Best member to survive the night at Hell House:  Ghostseeker since he loves Ghost movies and staying at haunted places.

Sorry if I forgot anyone.  I am getting tired and still need to post an Unknown Terror for the night. And then I will change my avi back to Ingrid just for you guys.  smile

That Gardenofstone10 kid was pretty awesome smile But for this site going, just straight up Cap, Meh and Lonnie.  Without them, we wouldn't be here smile

This is a great idea! Some of the categories are super hard to pick though big_smile

CATEGORY 1

Most Helpful Member: Azzy. Whenever I need anything, info, recommendations, someone to talk to or a horde of killer monkeys, he's always there.

Most Random Member: Gotta be Demon, but runner up is Punk for sure

Funniest Member: Lon. That guy cracks me up, and is schooling me in the perfect moment to break out "That's what she said!"

Best Staff Member: Lon again. He works super hard, and is fair but doesn't take any crap.

Biggest Horror Buff: Azzy, Lon & DG. Sorry, can't choose! They have exponentially increased my knowledge of horror, DG for the classics & Hammer, Lon for the must-see's and Azzy for the completely insane!

Most Quotable Member: Punk. He comes out with some crazy stuff, and also Sofia Vergara. 'nuff said.

Best Avatar: I assumed this would be easy - Wolfie has the greatest avatars of all time, it's a treat logging on and seeing what his new one is! However, I just saw DG's Ingrid Pitt and was stunned, so it's going to have to be a draw now!

Coolest Member: Panda (Mr. Black). He's awesome, teaches me about horror, talks to me into the early mornings and is a United fan. Very cool

Most Dedicated Member: It's got to be Lon, but Meh, Cap, Azzy & DG all get mentions here

CATEGORY 2:

Most Likely To Survive A Horror Movie: alien. He's seen so many films, there can't possibly be a situation he wouldn't know how to get out of!

Most Likely To Get Abducted By Aliens: Punk. I think they'd find him very interesting big_smile

Member to Lead a Killer Monkey Invasion: If anyone picks someone other than Azzy for this one, they're next on the monkey target list!

Member To Fend Off A Zombie Horde: Fulcento, dude lives in Manchester, Northerners would definitely be best in a zombie fight off

All Around Coolest Guy: Panda, Mr. Black. My other two besties Azzy & Lon get runner up

All Around Coolest Girl: Ultraviolence. Love that girl!

Most Creative Member: Azzy, his spammer rants are literally mind boggling!

Kindest Member: Wolfie. He's always there to lend an ear and offer some kind words if you're feeling down - a genuinley nice dude.

My Queen wrote:

Most Quotable Member: Punk. He comes out with some crazy stuff, and also Sofia Vergara. 'nuff said.

Hahaha I wasn't expecting this.

And Aliens found me so interesting they threw me back here like DirtyGirl said, they said I was too crazy for them.
I don't know what they mean by that. roll

As for the Killer Monkey Invasion, I did but azathoth seems to never go to the battle without Mr. Black so... lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-08 12:47:57)

^^
Yeah, having Panda(s) as the front guard tanks is no insult.
My next step is to recruit Xenomorphs- they could be the cavalry with their quickness.  And it would put a whole new meaning on the "pincer movement" tactic, lol .

I'm winning the 'Member With The Coolest Username'!

Least I am a contender for that one. lol

I'm working on mine. It's soooooo hard sad
But I have to work now tongue
I'll try to get it up tonight.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Yeah, having Panda(s) as the front guard tanks is no insult.
My next step is to recruit Xenomorphs- they could be the cavalry with their quickness.  And it would put a whole new meaning on the "pincer movement" tactic, lol .

Yeah, Xenomorphs would help you, you need more really EVIL things. But to be really effective you definitely need Vamps and Balrogs. Oh wait, you have a Vamp living with you so I guess she's already in the army. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-09 16:36:10)

^^
Yep, Vampy rides Rose the Gangsta Slug into battle.  I'll work on the Balrog.

CATEGORY 1
Most Helpful Member: Az. Keeps everyone organized for movie nights. Always answers any questions and leads you in the right direction with any inquiries. If he's not sure.

Most Random Member: I'm giving this to Punk big_smile

Funniest Member: Lon and Az.

Best Staff Member:  Lon. You keep everyone in check.

Biggest Horror Buff: DirtyGirl and Alien

Most Quotable Member: Lon and Cap

Best Avatar: DirtyGirl. Holy hell that's one sexy pic yikes

Coolest Member: Wolfie and Underdog

Most Dedicated Member:  I can't pick one cause everyone does their part.

CATEGORY 2:

Most Likely To Survive A Horror Movie: Alien

Most Likely To Get Abducted By Aliens: Punk tongue

Member to Lead a Killer Monkey Invasion: Azzy!

Member To Fend Off A Zombie Horde: Possum

All Around Coolest Guy: The Creature

All Around Coolest Girl: HorrorQueen and UV

Most Creative Member: Tripod for coming up with these awards big_smile

Kindest Member: DirtyGirl

It took me like 3 days to work on this. It's was too hard.
This is a great bunch of people on this forum.
You are all number one in my books smile

azathoth, yeah that gansta dude is wild. Too bad you weren't here yesterday, there was another bunch of 3 threads SPAMMER and I would've needed your guys. Ah well, I managed to do it my way which is Reported. And fuck you. lol

MoonRaven, damn you too??? I really have to pay attention now. Aliens are coming back for me. Hahaha