Topic: Zombies... anyone else tired of them?

I was once really into zombies. I loved a good Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later. I've even created a few zombie flavored short films. However as zombies become more mainstream, I find myself getting rather over saturated with them. I feel the story has been told.

I'd love if we started seeing post-zombie outbreak films set a few decades into the future. What sort of new Horrors could we find?

Re: Zombies... anyone else tired of them?

http://img.scoop.it/8eA6EGLSzlwB9tKytxQPHTl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBXEejxNn4ZJNZ2ss5Ku7Cxt lol
Sorry couldn't resist. lol

^^^
Hahahaha

I'll never get tired of Zombies, the more [like in Resident Evil 3] the better. I dig these dudes.

But I agree that seeing Zombies in a Sci-Fi related flick in the future would really be a blast.

Nah, I'll never get tired of zombies.  There's just too much which can be done with them, especially if a film consists of strong characters and drama to play off of them.

But pardon my nit-pickiness, but 28 Days Later isn't a zombie movie.  It's an "infected human" movie; at no point do victims die, return to life and feed on the living.  They're simply infected with a virus which turns them into homicidal maniacs with little regard to pain or self-preservation.

Just sayin'.

^ You just couldn't resist...could you Lon?  wink  You ruined my fun, I thought I was going to get to push you into responding to that.

I'm not necessarily sick of Zombies, but it interesting to see how common they are now.

Personally, I don't think Zombies will take over the world, I'm back to thinking it will be Aliens.

I dig some of the new zombie stuff like the first season of Walking Dead, the Dead Island: Riptide game....but my heart lies with the old school zombies from White Zombie to NOTLD to my favorite, Dawn of the Dead

I'm not tired of them, I just wish we would get more better quality zombie films and more serious zombie films.

Nope not really. I get tired of the over saturation of the zombie imagery in advertising. I'm also not so keen on all the new Zombie-lite movies. But I still love a good zombie movie, or comic, or show.

I want a zombie movie that doesn't focus on being cool or full of gore, like the first season of Walking Dead, I want deep character development and seeing the struggle to survive in a world with no hope.

Yeah, more Dead Outside [2008].

And gimme more Zombie-Rats and animals like ones.
With the amount of different ones that could be cool.

You hear me, gimme a panther, cat, lemur, tasmanian devil, bat and rhino one RIGHT NOW!!!

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-08 00:36:38)

Gotta love the zombie baby from Snyder's DOTD remake! That was pretty sweet

Depends on the quality of the movie, Zombies have become popular lately so many low budget and badly made movies about them were made to cash in on the popularity. But ill always love zombies have since i was a little kid smile

If I remember what I read, someone is doing a Zombieland tv show. That could be good.  I'd rather have a sequel but who knows.

^^^
I like it a lot. Pretty fun. My only thing about it is that it's insanely hard to beat Harrelson and that there's no Emma Stone in this.

Yes, definitely. I too am fed up with the superfluity of zombie movies. As is the case with all those teen-dominated flicks, there are far too many zombie films being made now, and they are nearly all the same thing. The format has become jaded and worn and tiresome. We need some originality.

Quite frankly, though, the best zombie film, as far as I am concerned, as Hammer's Plague of the Zombies, as I don't think any other movie has even come close to that.

CreedNoir wrote:

I was once really into zombies. I loved a good Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later. I've even created a few zombie flavored short films. However as zombies become more mainstream, I find myself getting rather over saturated with them. I feel the story has been told.

I'd love if we started seeing post-zombie outbreak films set a few decades into the future. What sort of new Horrors could we find?

Welcome to the madhouse Kindlebookwriter.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 95#p655395

Even if you are a person who doesn't get tired of zombies, there is no denying how milked and saturated the zombie sub-genre has become.

True. But I'm far from complaining. lol

Boo no more zombies movies. I think most zombie movies dumb anyways. The premise is so dumb. Like zombies are going to take over and why dont they attack themselves.........oh right back on topic boo no more zombie movies. There boring and same story retold over and over. I feel like everyone who goes to see these movies is watching a zombie movie for the first time.

Am I alone in think the premise for the walking dead is dumb. A bunch of nobodies can survive in a zombie world but the army and swat can't. I've tried reading the graphic novels and watching the show and find myself saying this such b.s. Zombies are monster for weak people. Most of the time there slow and dumb. There meant to make peopke think "hmm I can kill that." If regular people can kill zombies then arm forces could. Sorry for the rant just saying.................boo no more zombies

Last edited by mike3881 (2013-05-08 12:40:34)

OldLaughingLady wrote:

If I remember what I read, someone is doing a Zombieland tv show. That could be good.  I'd rather have a sequel but who knows.

Amazon.com is doing it, at one time the pilot episode was free to watch not sure if it still is.

Heck no.  Zombies have always been one of my favorite sub-genres of horror.  It is true that the sub-genre has been saturated with rip offs and cheap knock offs, but you could say the same thing with just about any other sub-genre of horror.  Take vampires for example, Twilight anyone?  In addition to all of the bad stuff, there has been an influx of really good stuff where film makers have brought fresh and original ideas and have stretched the boundaries.  The Dead, Juan of the Dead, The Revenant, Colin, Deadheads, Deadgirl, Exit Humanity, Rammbock, Dance of the Dead, Zombies of Mass Destruction, Dead Snow, The Horde, I sell the Dead, Makeout with Violence, Outpost, The stink of Flesh, and Zombieland to name a few.  And of course  if you want to get all nit-picky like Lon wink infection movies like REC, REC2, Mutants, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Pontypool, The Signal, and Harold's going stiff.

I think that the zombie genre has indeed become over-saturated. Yet there are some good films within the sub genre as alien25 has noted. If you look at it from another angle you could say that it perhaps only pushes more creative directors to be more original with their vision. For me nothing will beat Zombie Flesh Eaters or Romero's Day of The Dead though.

Ghostseeker wrote:

^ You just couldn't resist...could you Lon?  wink  You ruined my fun, I thought I was going to get to push you into responding to that.

I gotta be me. big_smile

Nope, unconditional love for zombies here s2 smile  WARM BODIES! Who woulda thought a rom com with zombies would be so great XD

Zombies are classic, they will always be in style.  No such thing as too many zombies.