Topic: i need some help !!

Hello Everyone.

This may be a VERY easy question...

I'm a musician, and a film making friend of mine asked me to write and record a soundtrack for him. He gave me a few DVD's of things he liked and found relevant. One of these DVD's was an Asian horror film which I can not remember the name of.

The plot (I didn't watch all of it) was basically about a woman who takes delivery of a drum. She has a lake at the back of the house, and she starts seeing the ghost of a man in it. I think it had something to do with a spirit within the drum.

This was a few years ago, and I can't remember anything else about it. Does anyone know what this film is by my very poor description ?? I never really got 'round to watching the end of it, and I'd love to get hold of it again. I don't see the friend anymore or I'd ask him obviously.

Cheers in advance.

Re: i need some help !!

First or foremost, welcome to the greatest horror movie site ever! We are always looking for more a new blood.

Here's what i found. It might be the movie you're looking for:

Kwaidan- This movie consists of 4 different stories.

Here's one of the 4 that sounds familiar to what you are talking about.

Hoichi the Earless:

Hoichi is a blind musician, living in a monastery who sings so well that a ghostly imperial court commands him to perform the epic ballad of their death battle for them. But the ghosts are draining away his life, and the monks set out to protect him by writing a holy mantra over his body to make him invisible to the ghosts. But they've forgotten something.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-27 20:20:30)

Thanks for your time, but that's not the one sorry.

I think the lady in the film was a museum curator or something ?? She was supposed to be the long lost love of the spirit within the drum. I also seem to remember being told the director was now quite famous after having something to do with one of the more 'mainstream' asian horror films.

I've been down all the more familiar routes to try and find the name of this film, but all to no avail.

Thanks for your time, and any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Oh no problem. I tryed. I thought it might of been that one. I'll keep an eye out for the title of the movie you're looking for.

you mentioned famous directors this is a dumb guess but it wouldn't be "Legend of the Drum" By the Pang Brothers?

I thought I'd write to let you know I'd found the title. I typed - "ancient drum" asian horror - into Yahoo and found 'Bangkok Haunted'. I must have been going about it the wrong way in my previous searches. Looking at the times of the replies, I should've just waited a little longer... thanks goldenwarrior.

Is this a well known film ?? I ordered it in the early hours of this morning, and I'm looking forward to the fact that I'll actually get to watch the ending this time !!

Thanks for your time everyone.

Sorry I couldn't be of an assistance.  It's just, I've never even heard of that film.  smile