Topic: House of Pain Trailer

tell me what you guys think?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=poZUETsLKh0

Re: House of Pain Trailer

I really like how the trailer looks. I like the whole feel of it. I'm more than excited now until it comes out. I can't wait to see this movie. It's going to be one hell of a ride. From all the pics that you posted on the progress, this was definitely worth the wait.

Thanks.... its going to be a long ride.... but i'm hoping well worth the wait.... i'm almost finished writing the full version, and we'll start shooting that on either HD or 16mm at the end of this year.

This short will give you a quick glimpse into the world of HOP

Oh no problem at all HOP. You guys should shoot it on 16mm. The old school way. That way it will have that nice grainy look to it. I would definitely love to see this shot using the 16mm film. I hear ya on the long ride ahead of you. But it will definitely be worth it. I think so.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-28 18:13:47)

i'm thinking 16 as well smile

Good choice good choice. big_smile

just have to get used to the fact that we can't have as many takes smile

i might try an HD 16mm combo so we can get some extra footage just in case

Yeah b/c once you screw up a little on the 16mm then you have to get a brand new real. It doesn't hurt to use a combo. It's always a good thing to use extra footage. So maybe give it a shot on the whole combo. But before you start actually using the whole combo idea, i would just try and go out and shoot different things and see how you like it and if you don't then scratch the whole idea.

for sure... lots of testing... . 16 is expensive to waste.....

Oh i definitely believe it. So definitely be very careful or all that money spent on the 16 will be down the tubes. But i'm sure that it's going to turn out perfect. The way you intended your true vision for HOP.

Good to see you back, man.  smile

The trailer... I'll admit, it's a bit "tame", but it still kicks ass, nonetheless.  I love the whole night vision aspect.  Great addition.  The girls are looking lovely too, might I add.  Overall, great job.  I can't wait to finally see "HOP".

tame is a fair way to put it....

The short we did isn't really a blood bath.  Its more of an intro to the story and the characters and the house/situation.

We could have taken the easy way and just gored it up, but that's not really story telling.

Your right, and like I said, I love what you've done with it.  Can't wait to see it.  smile

sorry if that came off rude....

it was really hard to  hold off on the gore... but i promise, when we shoot the full version.... we will live up to the name, House of Pain~!

I didn't think the trailer was tame at all. Tim not all trailers to a horror movie always have to have gore in it. There was a reason why he didn't include any gore to the trailer. What makes a good trailer to a horror movie is not really the gore to it but the whole feel and vision the artist, which is the director, has for the trailer for his film.

I never said anything about the trailer being "gore-less".  I meant "tame" as in a slower pace, rather than a fast pace.  That's not to say the trailer is bad, it's just something I noticed while viewing it.  That's all.  smile

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2007-05-28 21:50:46)

No i know exactly what you're talking about.

constructive criticism is welcomed here..... i'm going to try and do a faster paced one as well smile

I like the slow burn, but others might not.

Hey i like how you put the trailer together. I'm really glad you went with the slow burn type of trailer.

I can't wait to see your entire full vision of HOP be complete.

neither can I.... it will likely be a year process.... just have to drum up enough interest in it from this short to get some backing.

Yeah i definitely hear ya on that. Hey even though it will be a year in progress, you gotta look on the positive side. Once it's done, it will all pay off and you will be very pleased with the finished product.

for sure.... the pay off will be more than worth it.....

I didn't mean any offense by my comment.  It was just my opinion.  I tend to like faster pace trailers, but it's not my trailer, so who cares.  Right?  And, for a more slow burn type trailer, it was perfectly executed.  Job well done.  smile

Great trailer. It really sets the mood for the rest of the short. Glad to see you didn't include any gore on the trailer, that'll be a nice surprise for the people that haven't followed this project.