Topic: Man of Steel

Just got home from seeing the Man of Steel movie and I can hardly contain my excitement. The movie was f*cken bad-@ss it so lived-up to the hype. This is the Superman movie people have been waiting for. If this is what the Superman movie looked like I can't wait for the Justice League movie to come out. I felt like I was watching the avengers movie again. I totally recommend this movie go watch it so this guy can be the one to make the Justice League movie.

By the way there is no short after the credits so don't wait. Trust me I waited until they shut-off the projector.

Re: Man of Steel

Despite all the aggressively positive reviews I've read, I've yet to get excited for this flick.  I love comic book movies but there have already been almost half a dozen Superman flicks.  It's the same way with Batman and Spider-Man.  Every time I hear of a new one coming out, I'm like, "Eh.  Been there, done that."

I'll still be checking it out, of course.  I just find it hard to be genuinely excited about the prospect.

This aint like any other Superman before it. I'm not really a fan of superhero movies but this one is good.  Imo only the first Iron Man, Avengers, and Batman movies have been good. I hatr the x-men movies..........no I despise them. Wolverine is probably my favorite comic character but I hated his movie. The new one that's coming out out looks bad too but back on point, this is a good movie.........sorry imo. I'm so siked I'm going to see it again tomorrow with my friends. Got to love those free tickets I keep getting.lol

I am a big Superman MOVIE fan, I detest the comics.  I hear good from this movie, but from the same people who said Iron Man 3 was good so I don't trust their word, lol.  I'll for sure buy this day one on Blu Ray when it comes out in the Fall.

Tomorrow I'm gonna see if Zack Snyder can turn the most superhero hero into one epic movie. Iron Man step aside because you have some competition.

Imo this was a better movie then Iron Man and I loved that movie.......the first one atleast. My only question is how do you top this movie. It really felt like a avenger movie so anything less would be a fail.

Last edited by mike3881 (2013-06-15 12:25:07)

I tried getting excited for the movie, but it's hard when you don't even like Superman to begin with.

I think he is just so bland and boring (my opinion of course). But I'll end up seeing movie sometime, but I just don't expect much at all.

Alot of my friends feel the same way what a shame. I think it's because of the cartoons and tv shows. He really is a great hero in the comics. The cartoons and tv series dont do him justice. I hope enough people go see this movie because I want to see another one.

Saw this earlier and really enjoyed it. Never been a big Superman fan but I really like this version of him. I thought it was all-around very entertaining with a lot of good action and tension, and this version of Superman is a far more vulnerable and relatable version of him than before.

Never been a fan of Superman.
H3ll, how could I with Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk and Spawn around,,, He was the less interesting one of the bunch. BUT I still like him a lot. He's a SUPER HERO!!! Guilty Super Hero pleasure of mine. I'm a HUUUGE Smallville fan so this one with Russell and Amy Lovely Adams, I'm definitely freaking IN!!! big_smile

Pretty unanimous about not liking Superman. Same here. Just too much of a puss, and goody-too-shoes, for me.

After seeing the movie yesterday, I'm still not a Superman fan, but the movie itself was pretty damn good. Snyder, injected the character with a much needed boost of manhood. I especially enjoyed the finale fight sequence.

Snyder knows his stuff really well.
H3LL, he did Sucker Punch one of the best movies EVER for me so I'm really waiting impatiently to be able to see how he looked at mister Kent. smile

Just got back from seeing Man of steel,

Action packed to the MAX, I actually PAY to see to again, 100000x better then return however 3D could have been better, I was so into the movie that I forgot it was 3D! ,  few scenes that really showed the 3D but would be better to watch in 2D saying that 3D dose add or take anything away from the movie

Big superhero fan. Tend to side with DC. I loved the film. One of the best of its kind in my opinion. One of the few to stay true to the comics and not get mangled and changed like the Dark Knight Trilogy. Very very satisfied with MoS. 9.5/10

^^^ Wow, really???  I didn't like it at all and thought it was nothing like the comics, including the horrendous retelling of Supes' origin.  All the CGI fight scenes in the world can't save a crappy story or weak characters, and Henry Cavill was bland and uninteresting as Supes. Huge misfire, IMO, which leaves more questions than it answers -- one of which is how do they justify destroying an entire city and the probable deaths of thousands of people, just so Superman can learn to be a superhero?

Pure silliness.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Wow, really???  I didn't like it at all and thought it was nothing like the comics, including the horrendous retelling of Supes' origin.  All the CGI fight scenes in the world can't save a crappy story or weak characters, and Henry Cavill was bland and uninteresting as Supes. Huge misfire, IMO, which leaves more questions than it answers -- one of which is how do they justify destroying an entire city and the probable deaths of thousands of people, just so Superman can learn to be a superhero?

Pure silliness.

No Pain, No Gain

Looks like a sequel is a given.
Batman will join Superman in the next Man of Steel.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/c … -steel/#/0

Sweet I going to get the DVD tomorrow I can't wait I just need a better tv to see it on. Walmart has a 60" used for 800 bucks. 3 year warranty not bad. I'll eventually get the 80" smart tv I want