Topic: Fast Food in America

I checked my Facebook today and got a add from McDonald's about their new quarter pounders they are putting out. The ad itself had over a thousand comments so I decided to check out what people were saying. Most , if not all, comments were bashing McDonald's product quality or farming methods used.

Here comes my opinion, it's not McDonald's fault your fat.. It's yours. If everyone stopped eating there this wouldn't be a issue any ways. Also when talking about GMOs, they are in everything in the United States not just McDonald's. what do u guys think?

Re: Fast Food in America

I think I'm glad I'm skinny as a nail. Else I'll be suffering to try to control me. H3LL I can't live without Big Macs, best thing in the Universe ]with Pizza and Lasagna]. I'd die without. It's like a drug and stopping eating them would make me suffer way too much.

But I too find that bashing them or any other fast food company is stupid. If you're big then do something healthy to fix that. Hard work is worth all the efforts I think.
Like why don't you go to Biggest Loser??? lol

Might be a bad show but these people have got all my admiration for pulling this off.

I'm fat and disgusted by the way Americans view fast food.  I used to be almost 430 pounds and over the last year I'm now at like 350 and dropping.  Fast food is disgusting and they just keepmaking it worse.

I eat healthily and in moderation, only have fast food maybe once or twice a month, and am regularly active, but am still overweight.  It's not always because you eat too much.  Genetics has a lot to do with it.  Morbid obesity is rampant on my dad's side of the family.  I'm only 5'9 but weight 250 despite my best efforts, yet compare me to a lot of men from my dad's side and I'm a friggin' rail. 

My older sister has exercised her entire life, has always been healthy and fit, but started packing on weight year before last out of the blue; she was diagnosed with a thyroid problem last year and now no matter who active she is, she'll never be thin again. 

Being overweight CAN stem from eating too much, and yeah, that usually IS the case.  But some folks are simply fucked by nature.

I'm not in America, but I do have a view on Fast Food in general.

See, everybody has a right to enjoy fast food every now and then. And that's what's great about the world. But some people abuse that privilege. And they get overweight, and then they get a nice taste for everything fast food. May it be McDonalds or Taco Bell. Then they get addicted to it and that is all they ever eat.

But it isn't the companies fault! They don't force you to eat their food. I eat fast food, and I am skinny. That's because I balance out what I eat. I don't eat tons upon tons of fast food a week. And it really annoys me when people (parents in general) throw blame on the fast food places.

It's not their fault you can't control the way you eat!

I also think its funny that they blame fast food joints for the way animals are treated before the go to slaughter, when the companies are just buying from the same place most grocery stores by from. And like I said before, GMOs are a bigger problem than just fast food

I love fast-food its the best. I know it's bad for me and I take full responsibility for all the harm it will do me. Who wants to live until they get old. Being old s*ucks or atleast that what I think it will feel like. I think that's what scares me the most in life. I wish McDonalds created a bigger big mac...........mmmmm I could go foe one right now along with a 20 peace chicken McNuggets. Good thing I work out......something else people if you have to eat bad atleast work out. If you have time to see 30 minutes of tv you can work out once a day.

I think people need to just approach fast food like any other food.  Moderation is key and it's an intake/outake of energy and exercise.  You could drink water and eat salad but if you're sitting on your ass all day, you're not doing yourself any favors, either.

True that. Once again, I'm extremely lucky to be only flesh over bones, I sit on my ass more than all day long. big_smile

Anyone hear abouy Paula D dropping the n-word ? What an idiot and she also wanted to have a plantation type event for hwr brother. I wonder what makes people think stuff like that is still acceptable in this age and time. How sad I really lived her style of cooking.

Even though most of my co-workers get take-out for lunch.  I eat leftovers for lunch on a regular basis. 2 Reasons why: I'm fortunate to have a wife who's a outstanding cook! I also don't have the money to be able to buy fast food often.

As for the obesity problem with eating fast food too much. Do something about it!!

What's everyones favorite fast food restaurant? I love KFC. It's a bit on the pricey side but I love their mac and cheese the best.

^^^^^ Over priced and over rated. I got a stomach ache eating there the other day. Then the time before that I wasn't given 2 pieces chicken out 14.

Last edited by mike3881 (2014-09-09 15:08:58)

You got chick-fil-a in california, right? I've heard they've got good food, and only specialize in chicken like kfc. There's gonna be one opening in my state, though I would have preferred a dairy queen.

Never heard of the place we kfc, churches, and Popeyes. Oh and Roscoe's chicken and waffles.

Last edited by mike3881 (2014-09-09 20:52:13)

I don't eat Fast Food all that frequently, but I dig on Dairy Queens $5 meals. It's a cheap lunch when you need it...shitty for you of course, but that why you shouldn't consume it all the time.

Dairy Queens blizzards look yummy. The fact that there's 25 blizzards is astounding. That's a whole lotta ice cream! big_smile

Man talking about bad food for you I know this guy's at my job who eats hungry man all the time. I've never eaten microwave food so I can't imagine him eating it everyday.

^ Yeah, I've had a few of their blizzards, but it's been a long time. I remember them being pretty awesome though. As a kid, my favorite thing they had was the ice cream cone covered with a chocolate shell. Now, the only ice cream I get there off and on is the sundae which comes with their $5 meals. The peanut butter/chocolate one is pretty tasty.

mike3881 wrote:

Man talking about bad food for you I know this guy's at my job who eats hungry man all the time. I've never eaten microwave food so I can't imagine him eating it everyday.

Not a fan of hungry mans brownies because they're way too bitter. I also don't like hungry man and kids cuisine because they're cheap and barely give enough food.

Last edited by Tripod (2014-09-09 21:11:08)

I wouldn't even call that food it looks like paste or goo.

Yeah and they put so much chemicals and preservatives in it and there's so many in the back of the box. Also lunchables suck too seriously who considers crackers and cheese a lunch?!?

This subject has been driving me crazy lately.  I pick my son up for lunch once a week.  His choice is usually pizza.  Then I might take the kids out once on the weekends.  So it is usually just twice a week.  I've been teaching my kids how to cook and they enjoy it.  For the most part we do eat healthy and we are very active.  But guidelines drive me crazy!  My son's school has a fundraiser once a month where your child can buy popcorn and a drink in the afternoon for a $1 each.  It's a special treat and he always looks forward to it.  This year they can't do that because of federal regulations.  Now they can sale bottled water, yogurt, applesauce , etc.  Let people chose!

^^^ Totally agree it's not the government's job to force their views on our kids. I'm not sure all around the US or Canada but I know here in Southern California they haven't been able to sell sweets in schools since 2002 if I'm not mistaken. I know they didn't have that law when I was I  high school. Remember the law that was passed on what type of oil the fast food joints could use.

I live in Oklahoma and they were selling soda and popcorn last year.  lol We must not be with the times because they sold cookies at the middle school cafeteria during lunch last year too.  My niece really gave me an earful about how they don't do it this year.  I did not remember the law about the oil fast foods could use but I'm not surprised.  So frustrating.