Topic: How does one post pictures here???

Hello,

I have posted pictures here before using i m g but now it won't let me ??

This has never happened before on any forum. I M G is the easiest way to post  a pic. I see no other option here to post a pic either.

I was trying to post a pic here in the PICTURES thread plus I need to post a pic for a topic in the General Discussion forum and I cannot.

Help.

Thank you.

Last edited by DarkMistress (2013-06-30 10:21:55)

Re: How does one post pictures here???

If you want to check it out I posted a reply in the picture thread.

hellrat wrote:

If you want to check it out I posted a reply in the picture thread.

I got it.  Thank you!

For some reason my pic  will not work from this one particular site. No idea why! It works on another website though.

Some websites don't allow hot linking so that's why. Use any of the free pictures upload sites like Pinterest, Tumblr, ImageShack or Photobucket. These always work. The blog sites work too. Blogspot, Wordpress and the like.

You've been educated, my mission here is done. lol

Yeah, as KxN has stated above some sites d/won't allow hotlinking. I have no idea how they know you've copied and pasted a URL and no idea how that slows their bandwidth. In fact, what I don't know about the world wide web could fill a warehouse!!! big_smile

Azathoth seems to know his way around dese ere internet pipes so maybe he could shed some light on it.

When you call up an image to be displayed somewhere else, like here, the host site gets a referrer tag saying where the request is coming from.  If it's not from the host site or a white-listed site, you'll get nothing or an error message.

See? I told you he was good! lol

Yeah the Dark Evil corners of Linux or Un*x code lines. big_smile

My server has these but as I never use it, there's nothing is my httpd logs, where they see what azathoth said.

like this......

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp153/aceofspades70/BEARD_zps3aeadd69.png

Hahaha I'm linking this to the Beard Thread right away. lol