Topic: The BADASS Event Horizon Thread

Man that is my all times favorite Sci-Fi Horror flick ever With Aliens.

Fishburne is spectacular in this as always but the craziest of them all is Neill, what a crazy motherfucker when he's possessed. Brilliant idea to throw the spaceship in H3LL and then coming back with entities aboard.

Laurence isn't lucky with his ships in his movies at all. Same thing happened to the Nebuchadnezzar in the Matrix. lol

The ship pilot, the doc girl and the co-pilot are fantastic. They deliver cool lines but the best of them all is the black dude. When the ship explodes and he says Why the H3LL does this shit even happens to me while floating away. Hahaha

And when he throws Do you speak english at Neill. So funny. That is exactly why I like this movie so much. The story is a masterpiece of screen writing. And the atmosphere man, woahhh sick. When it shows the tortured ones full of Blood and in insane position spiked up on wires, when she sees her kid with destroyed corpse like legs, the face of Neill stiched up.

The core man, the freaking CORE!!! Crazy badass set design for the propulsion room. Amazing engineering and mechanics and how the H3LL did he come up with the idea to blast a Black freking Hole as the engine. It's beyond me. Makes me happy, some people are even craxier than me. MWAHAHA

The Blood flooding the ship, the burning dude in the core's water, the explosion of the ships, amazing effects and the freaking ankward ending. This is a true MASTERPIECE don't even try to disagree with me. lol

Creepy atmosphere, ultra creepy even.

http://justbeyondinfinity.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/event-horizon_10358880.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/16fde1583a034ff5806a036e09542c17/tumblr_mi9zhea0Ka1s462imo1_1280.jpg

And the ship's design is out of this damn world. Rare are the ones in Sci-Fi that well built. Extremely sweet.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhopypAzWb1qcga5ro1_500.jpg

Damn gotta rewatch it now. Ah well why not??? lol

Captain Miller wrote:

It knows what's in my head, my biggest fears and all.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-30 19:10:21)

Re: The BADASS Event Horizon Thread

Definitely a great one Punk!
I can remember being totally stoked when they finally released it to DVD so that you could pause and step  it during the scene where they play back the ships log and all of that crazy s**t was going on.  I wanted to see what the hell was going on!

This scene completely ruins its atmosphere as a Sci-Fl Horror flick for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUozFOlxVnM

Hahaha exactly right after the one I said. It doesn't bother me at all, I find it rificulously hilarious. Gotta blow my air tank, gotta blow my air tank. Pssccchhhhhttt... Mwahahaha
And when he get to the ship and the crazy shoots at him so almost do the Capt and Lt Stark when he gets in, Sickely funny.. lol

There is only one aspect that bugs me.
*Spoiler*
When people react to things that they KNOW can't be correct.  Like the mom chasing her kid around until she falls to her death.  This is a SAR team, not a bunch of mental wimps.
*End Spoiler*

Besides that, love the film.

Yeah, that bugged me too but who knows if I was possessed if I wouldn't have done the same thing... I don't. Or maybe I do and it'd probably wouldn't be the same.. lol

alien25 wrote:

Definitely a great one Punk!
I can remember being totally stoked when they finally released it to DVD so that you could pause and step  it during the scene where they play back the ships log and all of that crazy s**t was going on.  I wanted to see what the hell was going on!

Same here. It was one of the most shocking and memorable scenes in the movie and I just needed to know what was going out there. When I watch it now it doesn't look so scary  smile

I remember when I bought the issue of Fango which featured a still of a dude impaled through the mouth (blink and you'll miss it in the  movie).  I got a very odd look from the old lady at the register.  Similar to the time I bought a Fango with the little girl with her face blown off from The Beyond on the cover. lol

Anyway, yeah, a solid sci-fi/horror flick with a typically memorable performance by the always reliable Sam Neill.  My only real complaint is Richard T. Jones' character, who whiffs way too heavily of Will Smith in Independence Day and other such cornball home boy-type characters.  Dude's a better actor than that.

That said, there's not much here to complain about. It's the kind of film I'd like to see Paul W.S. Anderson make more of.  Too bad he'd rather spend his time making one tired Resident Evil flick after another instead. hmm

To me the ship's log scene was great but never as much as when he shows him what the other side is like, these torture images are gonna be stuck in my head ad vitam aeternam...

LoudLon, that's exactly what I loved about T. Jones guy... lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-03 16:35:37)

Event Horizon pisses me off, not because it's a bad movie, but because it comes so close to being a GREAT movie. I'm talking a new classic, but for me it doesn't fall apart until the final 15-20 mins. Once Sam Neil kinda runs around as the baddie I'm like eh...it just loses me.

kXnPunk wrote:

To me the ship's log scene was great but never as much as when he shows him what the other side is like, these torture images are gonna be stuck in my head ad vitam aeternam...

I remember the flash of the guy with drill in face. Brrr... scary shit.

^^^
Yeah or the guy all slashed up hanging from wires. Very cool.
Scary??? No not really to tell you the truth but fun as mad. lol