Topic: What do you think of this zombie makeup job?

We're shooting a short zombie movie this summer, but we have no experience doing zombie makeup.  Here's our first attempt.  What do you guys think?  Good?  Bad?  Ugly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4A_INynLJ8

Re: What do you think of this zombie makeup job?

Loving the head top. Almost look metallic which is very nice. And creepy face that dude's got is wild. Good luck with it all.

Thanks for the feedback, kXnPunk!  We didn't touch the dude's hair -- it's just kinda wild like that on it's own.  heh heh.

Fairly good.  I like the Res Evil touch.  Not sure how it would hold up in brighter lighting, but definitely good it the gloominess.  Stick around Glass and be a part of the community, we like to support folks that make stuff and are engaged with us fans.  I think you would be the 6th film maker if you hang around.

Good luck and keep us updated!  big_smile

EDIT- I have to apologize, I just noticed that you have been posting here for a while- me stoopid monkey!  sad

Last edited by azathoth (2013-07-13 00:55:52)

Thanks, azathoth.  Didn't purposely go for Res Evil.  Had to heavily filter (and darken) the video in post to cover some of the blemishes.  Our future zombie flick is going to take place in daylight, so not sure how well this test will really hold up. 

Definitely hope to stick around -- so far, everyone seems pretty cool and inviting.

Well wild indeed.

Like the good Monkey Knight says, keep us updated and yes, you'll enjoy it here. Most of us really do so...

And thanks for subscribing to my You Tube channel right after I subscribed to yours. big_smile

looks pretty good to me.

glasspixelstudios

honestly good!
i remember reading if in a horror mag some time ago that if some one is making a horror film (zombie etc) one of the first things you need to get right is the gore make upfx esp in alow budget film

well done