Re: Worst/Weakest/Least Favorite Movie In a Series

Oh damn yeah always forget this one. Shows how much I rate it. Hahaha

The extended cut of the 2004 movie is even better. Longer, but better.

So many movies to choose from so I'll start with the big three halloween, Jason, and Nightmare.

Halloween h2o : ll cool j really. And the story itself was pretty lame. I would of believed Laurie's change in attitude had her son died. I thought that's where the story was going with the line of the hero having lost everything thus they had nothing left to loose. Would of made sense too if they mentioned the daughter she abandoned too. So she left a kid behind who ends up being killed and the one kid she did raise was murdered by Michael. Now she has nothing to loose.

Jason X : whoever thought this was a good idea for a movie needs to be shot. No scratch that they need their families to be shot first in front of them. This peace of sh!t needs to suffer the way I suffered. Ok I didn't suffer but I'm still hurt. How can a human/monster be upgraded but not the humans who are running from him. Shame shame shame on everyone involved in this project. This was some sick joke and that's saying something about this franchise.

Nightmare on elm st VI : not going to lie I liked most of the movies including this one. My only problem with the movie was the title was Freddy is finally dead. I'm sorry but a bomb in Freddie's mouth wouldn't of killed Freddy. That's the only reason this part is my least favorite. The affects could been better. People can go back and change stuff in movies right ? I wish movie studies did that. Some movies like this one could use a touch me up if you know what I mean. Bonus points what movie did that line come from and what part .lol I just hope someone reads my post/rant

Star Wars - any of the prequels, can't figure out who sucks the worst Christensen, Jar Jar or young Anakin.

Indiana Jones - Crystal Skull.  The chase, probably trying to outdo the tank chase and the chase from the first one killed it for me. 

Terminator - Rise of the Machines - just terrible.  John Connor looked like a whiny punk.

RoboCop - 2&3  Didn't like the second one cause they tried to make it tooooo dark with no humor and it sucked.  Depressing and not cool.  The 3rd one was just awful.

Star Trek - The one Shatner Directed, the final frontier, was absolutely the worst.  Bad in every way, Made the Federation look like total idiots.  All the "jokes" were not funny.

James Bond - had to be Octopussy.   Was this supposed to be a comedy, cause if it was it failed miserably.

Jurassic Park - my God, the 3rd one was terrible.  When the missing kid suddenly inexplicably turns into freaking Rambo and goes ballistic on the Dinosaur's was just stupid, with no forshadowing or explanation that he had the training to do so.

Batman - and Robin was a reekfest.

Superman - the quest for peace, should have been called the quest for a budget so our movie doesn't look like total crap and suck.

X-Men - 3, though it wasn't terrble imo.

Spider-Man there is a lot wrong with 3: changing Peter's Uncle's killer to the Sandman, making the Sandman into some kind of a semi-sympathetic character, the stupid video-game-looking fight with Franco, the un-needed subplot with Venom which took away all his potential and coolness, and finally, Peter turning "evil".

Iron Man - just saw the first and part of the 2nd, so I can't judge.

Hulk - My Lord, the dumb Lee Hulk which was obviously made by people who had no concept of or never even bothered to take a glance at a single comic book ever.   The plot obviously was just made up by some nerds at a board meeting.

Transformers - 2nd

Rambo - Rambo, dumb dialogue, dumb plot, Rambo never looked so bad.

Rocky - has to be 4 which was 3/4ths flashbacks.  How about coming up with a NEW freaking movie, or the 5th one which was probably made for some quick cash.

The Godfather - 3.

Lethal Weapon  3...bad all around.  Just terrible.  Hurts me to watch it.   4 - Jet Lee was cool, but they made my bad  ass heros into assclowns.

Back To The Future - 3 the western was just dumb.

Planet Of The Apes - the burton one.  Terrible.  If I never have to see it again, I'll be glad.

---

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-12-21 08:26:36)

NonEuclidean wrote:

Star Wars - I'm going with Revenge of the Sith on this one. Anakin's turn to the dark side wasn't nearly as dark or as grim as it should have been. I don't want it to be true that Darth Vader emerged from a whiny goddamned brat. The force was weak with this one.

damn straight, and the worst was the reason he turned to the dark side, not for power, not for fame, not for riches, not for control of the universe, but to save his love.....he basically turned evil so he could do ...... a good deed??!!??!!??!!

wtf were they thinkin?

^^^^then he ends up killing her. A lot of interesting ideas but not well thought out imo. Darth Mall.lol and general greaves were pretty cool characters imo. I liked how the emperor was able to rise to power...........ahh like I said good ideas not well thought out.

Rocky 5 : the rocky series is a guilty favorite of mine but part 5 just sucked. I liked the idea of rocky fighting his student the big problem was introducing his son and having the fight take place in the street.

Underworld 4 : ruin the story by letting the humans know about vampires and wear wolfs. I was also interested in Michaels character so the fact that he wasn't in it totally ruin the movie for me.

Final Festination : lol I thought all these movies were stupid. Why is it never explained why people keep getting premonitions if their deaths if death wants them dead.

mike3881 wrote:

So many movies to choose from so I'll start with the big three halloween, Jason, and Nightmare.

Halloween h2o : ll cool j really. And the story itself was pretty lame. I would of believed Laurie's change in attitude had her son died. I thought that's where the story was going with the line of the hero having lost everything thus they had nothing left to loose. Would of made sense too if they mentioned the daughter she abandoned too. So she left a kid behind who ends up being killed and the one kid she did raise was murdered by Michael. Now she has nothing to loose.

Jason X : whoever thought this was a good idea for a movie needs to be shot. No scratch that they need their families to be shot first in front of them. This peace of sh!t needs to suffer the way I suffered. Ok I didn't suffer but I'm still hurt. How can a human/monster be upgraded but not the humans who are running from him. Shame shame shame on everyone involved in this project. This was some sick joke and that's saying something about this franchise.

Nightmare on elm st VI : not going to lie I liked most of the movies including this one. My only problem with the movie was the title was Freddy is finally dead. I'm sorry but a bomb in Freddie's mouth wouldn't of killed Freddy. That's the only reason this part is my least favorite. The affects could been better. People can go back and change stuff in movies right ? I wish movie studies did that. Some movies like this one could use a touch me up if you know what I mean. Bonus points what movie did that line come from and what part .lol I just hope someone reads my post/rant

I get a kick out of Jason x but that's just me it seems

Ragnbone wrote:

Star Wars - any of the prequels, can't figure out who sucks the worst Christensen, Jar Jar or young Anakin.

Indiana Jones - Crystal Skull.  The chase, probably trying to outdo the tank chase and the chase from the first one killed it for me. 

Terminator - Rise of the Machines - just terrible.  John Connor looked like a whiny punk.

RoboCop - 2&3  Didn't like the second one cause they tried to make it tooooo dark with no humor and it sucked.  Depressing and not cool.  The 3rd one was just awful.

Star Trek - The one Shatner Directed, the final frontier, was absolutely the worst.  Bad in every way, Made the Federation look like total idiots.  All the "jokes" were not funny.

James Bond - had to be Octopussy.   Was this supposed to be a comedy, cause if it was it failed miserably.

Jurassic Park - my God, the 3rd one was terrible.  When the missing kid suddenly inexplicably turns into freaking Rambo and goes ballistic on the Dinosaur's was just stupid, with no forshadowing or explanation that he had the training to do so.

Batman - and Robin was a reekfest.

Superman - the quest for peace, should have been called the quest for a budget so our movie doesn't look like total crap and suck.

X-Men - 3, though it wasn't terrble imo.

Spider-Man there is a lot wrong with 3: changing Peter's Uncle's killer to the Sandman, making the Sandman into some kind of a semi-sympathetic character, the stupid video-game-looking fight with Franco, the un-needed subplot with Venom which took away all his potential and coolness, and finally, Peter turning "evil".

Iron Man - just saw the first and part of the 2nd, so I can't judge.

Hulk - My Lord, the dumb Lee Hulk which was obviously made by people who had no concept of or never even bothered to take a glance at a single comic book ever.   The plot obviously was just made up by some nerds at a board meeting.

Transformers - 2nd

Rambo - Rambo, dumb dialogue, dumb plot, Rambo never looked so bad.

Rocky - has to be 4 which was 3/4ths flashbacks.  How about coming up with a NEW freaking movie, or the 5th one which was probably made for some quick cash.

The Godfather - 3.

Lethal Weapon  3...bad all around.  Just terrible.  Hurts me to watch it.   4 - Jet Lee was cool, but they made my bad  ass heros into assclowns.

Back To The Future - 3 the western was just dumb.

Planet Of The Apes - the burton one.  Terrible.  If I never have to see it again, I'll be glad.

---

I didn't hate the Ang Lee hulk but it could have been 30 minutes shorter and more Sam Elliot less Nick Nolte

mike3881 wrote:

^^^^then he ends up killing her. A lot of interesting ideas but not well thought out imo. Darth Mall.lol and general greaves were pretty cool characters imo. I liked how the emperor was able to rise to power...........ahh like I said good ideas not well thought out.

All the scenes showing meetings and councils talking about taxes were really exciting

^^^^ser where u one of the people who worked on the movie ? Ok the movie wasn't that bad it was just weird. It would of enjoyed it more had it been a what if story. Ok from now on that's what I'll say. This isn't conon it's a what if story.

Anyone see The Phantom Edit?  A fan edited remake of The Phantom Menace, minus a lot of Jar Jar and councils "talking about taxes". and made it as good as it could have been I guess.   Lucas actually endorsed it.

But when the same guy came out with Attack of the Phantom, Lucas made him cease and desist.

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-12-21 11:41:33)

Never even heard of that edit before.

You guy made me laugh reading this.

My all times favorite of Terminator is without a doubt Rise Of The Machines.

And my best Star Wars is Revenge Of The Sith. Mwhahaha lol

My main issue with T3 is the overabundance of comedy in it and the numerous discrepancies with the first two movies, plus it just feels needless after the closure of T2.

Jigsaw wrote:

Figured it'd be fun to do a non-Horror version of a similar topic I created pertaining to Horror films in the Horror forum. Some series that go on and on definitely produce some bad or at least lower-quality sequels as they go along. Of these series with at least three or more movies, which is your least favorite one in each? You can add more if you'd like as long as it's three movies or more in the series. Any remakes, prequels or crossovers count in a series with any.

---

Star Wars

Indiana Jones

Terminator

RoboCop

Star Trek

James Bond

Jurassic Park

Batman

Superman

X-Men

Spider-Man

Iron Man

Hulk

Transformers

Rambo

Rocky

The Godfather

Lethal Weapon

Back To The Future

Planet Of The Apes

---

IMO the weakest in each:

Star Wars - The Phantom Menace, from my memory. Saw the prequels once when they came to theaters and haven't had the chance to rewatch them since, but I recall I probably liked this on least.

Indiana Jones - Probably The Last Crusade, though I still really like it, I just enjoy the other ones more. This one and Crystal Skull are interchangable for me, though.

Terminator - T3: Rise Of The Machines. Completely unnecessary after the closure of T2.

RoboCop - RoboCop 3. PG-13, enough said.

Star Trek - Only seen Generations and First Contact, liked both.

James Bond - Been too long since I last saw any to make a fair judgment for now.

Jurassic Park - Jurassic Park III. Entertaining but forgettable and lacking the substance of the first two that kept them from being just dinosaur attack movies.

Batman - Batman & Robin. Do I even need to explain?

Superman - Only seen Man Of Steel and loved it.

X-Men - The Last Stand. Didn't hate it as much as some but plot-wise it's undeniably a mess.

Spider-Man - Probably Spider-Man 3, though I don't hate it like so many.

Iron Man - Liked all of them, but I can't decide between either 2 or 3, both were good and had their pros and cons for me.

Hulk - Only seen The Avengers, which I loved. Haven't seen the 2003 movie or The Incredible Hulk.

Transformers - The original. The sequels may be stupid but they at least have some mildly entertaining robot action scenes to keep them watchable. The first one for me was a sleeping fest.

Rambo - Love the entire series, but would probably go with Rambo III, though it's still kick ass.

Rocky - Believe it or not, never seen any. Been wanting to, though.

The Godfather - Been too long since I watched them, abstain for now.

Lethal Weapon - Probably Lethal Weapon 3, though it's still pretty decent.

Back To The Future - Part III, but I still like it.

Planet Of The Apes - Only seen Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, which I loved.

What about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit?

Haven't seen the LOTR films yet and my least favorite TMNT film was the third.

Though I agree the third is the weakest, I do still love it.

Jigsaw wrote:

My main issue with T3 is the overabundance of comedy in it and the numerous discrepancies with the first two movies, plus it just feels needless after the closure of T2.

The only thing I liked about the third movie was the ending. Would of worked better without Arnold. The entire movie looked cheap. It wasn't up to the standards the previous terminator movies set up. The new terminator sucked too. The T-1000 is the ultimate robot imo so why try to improve upon it. I was a big fan of salvation. I liked that they jumped to the war. I wished they would of stuck with that idea. The next movie should of been the last one with the final reveal of what led to everyone going back in time and john Conner finally beating the machines.

The only thing I liked about T3 was that Arnold took the time to bulk himself back up to nearly the same size he was in T1.  I was disappointed in T2 when he showed up a good 40 lbs lighter than the first flick.  I didn't like T3 all that much, but I thought the idea of this almost 60-year-old guy getting into the same shape he was twenty years earlier was pretty fuckin' impressive.

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Though I agree the third is the weakest, I do still love it.

I don't dislike it either, just find it the least entertaining.

What about the other series for you, what's your least favorite in the ones listed in the original post?

Maybe SEED OF CHUCKY or INDIANA JONES AND THE CRYSTAL SKULLS.  Then again, maybe I'll think of something else later?

mike3881 wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

The only thing I liked about the third movie was the ending. Would of worked better without Arnold. The entire movie looked cheap. It wasn't up to the standards the previous terminator movies set up. The new terminator sucked too. The T-1000 is the ultimate robot imo so why try to improve upon it. I was a big fan of salvation. I liked that they jumped to the war. I wished they would of stuck with that idea. The next movie should of been the last one with the final reveal of what led to everyone going back in time and john Conner finally beating the machines.

The T-3 kicks insanely more ass than poor sucky T-1. And this is the main reason why it's my favorite of them all. And they also pleased me very much with a Kristanna Loken Terminatrix. NOTHING you hear me, NOTHING will EVER BEAT THAT!!!

http://www.librarising.com/astrology/celebs/images2/KL/kristannaloken2.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-03-14 05:50:00)

LoudLon wrote:

The only thing I liked about T3 was that Arnold took the time to bulk himself back up to nearly the same size he was in T1.  I was disappointed in T2 when he showed up a good 40 lbs lighter than the first flick.  I didn't like T3 all that much, but I thought the idea of this almost 60-year-old guy getting into the same shape he was twenty years earlier was pretty fuckin' impressive.

The only thing you liked about it was the ending?  Is that because it was all over?

I didn't like the first TROLL very much, but TROLL 2 turned me on.