Topic: Best Rising Actors/Actresses Of This Generation

I think alot of stars have been rising and they've really made a mark for themselves. What rising actors/actresses do you think are the best of this generation that have recently made a big name for themselves?

My list is based on the films I've seen

1. Joseph Gordon Levitt (Looper and Dark Knight Rises)
2. Ryan Gosling (Drive and The Place Beyond The Pines)
3. Benedict Cumberbach (Star Trek Into Darkness)
4. Jamie Foxx (Django)
5. Andrew Garfield (Social Network and Amazing SpiderMan)
6 Emma Stone
7. John C Reily (Wreck It Ralph)

Last edited by Tripod (2013-07-19 01:15:33)

Re: Best Rising Actors/Actresses Of This Generation

Most of those have already risen.

Michael B. Jordan

Dancy
Kate Beckinsale
Amber Heard
Emma Stone
Kate Beckinsale
Scarlett Johansson
Caviezel
Gosling
Nina Dobrev
Ashley Benson
Mikkelsen

Yeah they have already risen most of them but they keep kicking ass so I'm discovering them with each new flick they do. Just like Scarlett in Her for example, a side of her I never saw before... big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-03-15 11:51:39)

Robin McLeavy.

Tripod wrote:

My list is based on the films I've seen

1. Joseph Gordon Levitt (Looper and Dark Knight Rises)

While a good choice and good movies, it saddens me how long it took for mainstream to recognize his talent when he was doing his best work in 2004-2007 with movies like Mysterious Skin, Brick, and The Lookout.

Or when he was still on THIRD ROCK FROM THE SON.

Charlie Day. I know he has had allot of success with It's Always Sunny and HB/PR, but he is still on his way to become household name and a leading man.

Last edited by Harsh Creep (2014-09-19 13:55:51)

Yeah Charlie Day is pretty funny. I'd like to see him do a comedy with Will Ferrell or Paul Rudd. He'd fit right in.

I don't think Jennifer Lawrence is near as attractive as most folks make her out to be (and yeah, I've seen her leaked pics...heh heh...) but she is a phenomenal actress.  I can't say I've particularly enjoyed her in the X-Men flicks (they really don't give her a lot to work with) but everything else I've seen her in, she's been exceptional.  Especially American Hustle.

Haven't seen the Hunger Games flicks, though.  They don't interest me in the slightest.

I think he'd do well with Will Ferrell or another modern comedy heavyweight. I don't know much about Paul Rudd, except for his role in Our Idiot Brother.

For Charlie to lead his acting would have to be toned down a notch. I think that's why he is usually supporting or ensemble.

Tatiana Masanly----------

Katheryn Winnick.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Ian Mckellen

Freddie Highmore. Once Bates Motel is over, I think we will be seeing him in many blockbuster movies.

^ I feel the same about Evan Peters from American Horror Story. I'm sure he'll go on to big things, X-Men already has to have helped.