Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

The thing is, I know that you all have most of the movies or can find them without my help.  The problem is that I don't get enough feedback if I should just go with all and any films, regardless if their on YouTube or such, or if I should I should stick to my mantra of trying to get as many people involved as possible.

With Movie Nights having declining attendance, I don't know if I shouldn't just pick the best films since the regulars have the films.  There hasn't been a new Movie Night attendant since last Christmas, I think, so should I even give a shit about trying to get new people to show up?

Last edited by azathoth (2013-10-21 16:45:52)

I havent been able to attend the last couple of movie nights as for example the friday the 13th one was one 2 late for me but

I don't mind watching films that aren't on youtube or such even if i cant watch them, as I don't want other people to miss them if they have the disc or whatever. So every film on the spreadsheet is fine for me. Im not picky.

If I can attend this movie night I definitely will.

I think you should just include one's you know everyone owns, like halloween. I for one won't be able to see them all so i am not worried if there's a few i can 't see.

^^
Thanks, Vas, you're always fun to have on-board; you've come up with some interesting topics in the middle of films.  HFest is a 4 day extravaganza, so I hope you can stop by at some point.

So 1 vote for "put in some non-YouTube movies."
If some more people agree, it would be cool to put in some non-YT films.

Thanks again Vas.

@Theli-
Thanks for your vote/opinion- it's good to know what people would like to see.
That's 2 for "put in some non-YT films."

Prophecy looks an interesting one for sure and I would like to watch that.

Prophecy is in.
Hausu is in.  (I'll try to find a better source.)
The Giant Claw is in.
Poltergeist is in.
Nosferatu is in (that was a Theli one, right?)

---------
Alien (1979) (No YT, broken SVu link)
Event Horizon (1997) (pay YT, no SVu)
Winterbeast (1991) (No YT or StageVu)
Halloween (2003) (no YT, no SVu)
Halloween 2 (1981) (YT pay, SVu)
Zombi 3 (1988) (no YT, no SVu)
gingerdead man vs. evil bong (2013) (no YT, no SVu)
Demonwarp (1988) √ (with subs)
------------
^^
Have all been moved over to "Maybe."

I see Lon, Punk & Creetch online right now.

What do y'all think about putting in non-YT films?

With my dinosaur-age DSL it's impossible for me to use Skype and watch a movie on YT at the same time, which is why I always download Movie Night/H-Fest flicks ahead of time. 

So, yeah, I'm cool with non-YT flicks.

Yes do so. big_smile

I own the Cyberspace so no trouble at all for me to get them.
But I won't let you know my sources. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-10-21 20:46:09)

OK then, I got 4 "Yes" on expanding the selection.

Enough for me, I will be re-doing the list to include non-YT flicks.

^ Do eeeet.

^^
Do I get Fairuza Balk as girlfriend if I do?  lol

azathoth wrote:

^^
Do I get Fairuza Balk as girlfriend if I do?  lol

Sure, but I wanna date her first. big_smile

Oooh, Fairuza Balk.  Now there's an actress I haven't seen in a while.  I think the last time I saw her in a flick was Almost Famous.  I still can't wrap my head around how a chick with the facial features of a large mouth bass can be so damn hot...

Hey don't steal my Witch!!!

Correction -- the last movie I saw her in was Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.  If I ever get to make a movie, I'm giving that honey a role.

LoudLon wrote:

... I still can't wrap my head around how a chick with the facial features of a large mouth bass can be so damn hot...

I'm with you, the parts shouldn't work together but somehow they just make one sexy beast.

http://www.fotos.org/galeria/data/507/fairuza_balk.jpg

^^^
MWAHAHAHA Damn she's even hotter like that!!! lol

azathoth wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

... I still can't wrap my head around how a chick with the facial features of a large mouth bass can be so damn hot...

I'm with you, the parts shouldn't work together but somehow they just make one sexy beast.

http://www.fotos.org/galeria/data/507/fairuza_balk.jpg

Ooooh, Vampy's gonna be jealous, Azzy. lol

Not to completely derail the topic, but speaking of Fairuza, has anyone ever listened to her band, Armed Love Militia?  Cool post-grunge/alternative vibe.  Her voice sounds a lot like Hope Sandoval with a touch of Stevie Nicks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwhLor7LL04

^^
Good call on the Stevie Nicks.  I'd let her croon at me all night long.  (It's OK, Vamps can't punch that hard... lol )

LoudLon wrote:

Not to completely derail the topic, but speaking of Fairuza, has anyone ever listened to her band, Armed Love Militia?  Cool post-grunge/alternative vibe.  Her voice sounds a lot like Hope Sandoval with a touch of Stevie Nicks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwhLor7LL04

Oh damn yeah, great one indeed. She ROCKS!!!

azathoth wrote:

^^
Good call on the Stevie Nicks.  I'd let her croon at me all night long.  (It's OK, Vamps can't punch that hard... lol )

I  had the biggest crush on Stevie back in my pre-teens.  I'd wait up all night for Friday Night Videos, just to see her video for Stand Back. lol

^^
Dude, did we all have the same girl singer crushes back then- Debbie, Tiffany, Stevie, Fox?