Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

how about I throw together a teaser clip from scenes of "The Truck"?

^^
Awesome!  I'll stick it before or after GT at a time of your choosing, even if you can't be there.

That would be pretty cool, Ace.

Punk and I are fleshing some stuff out-

Thursday-  H3 orig, H2 orig, Halloween orig.

Friday (starting prime time)-
Prophecy (1979) √ (frudat)
The Boogens (1981) √ (friday)
The Willies (1990) √ (friday)
Poltergeist (1982) √ (friday/saturday)
The Giant Claw (1957) √ (saturday)
Nosferatu (1922)

Saturday (starting prime time)-
Night Of the Lepus (1972) (no YT, yes SVu, yes Dailymotion (Vampy wants to watch this one, so it's in) (Sat)
Gun Town (Saturday night) (2009) √
The Truck stuff?  (check with Lee)
Hausu (1977) (Hulu plus- fee trial)
Winterbeast (1991) (No YT or StageVu)

Sunday (starting prime time)-
Night of the Creeps (1986) √
Alien (1979) (No YT, broken SVu link)
Event Horizon (1997) (pay YT, no SVu)
Spirit Camp (2009) (no YT, no SVu)

Halloween 2 (remake) (sunday)
(Halloween 1 (remake) (sunday)

Hey Vas, is 6PM US Eastern time OK for you for The Prophecy?
Let me know, yay or nay, and give me a better time if nay.  The only reserved times are Saturday from 8-midnight for Vampy and Acey stuff.

I'm getting somewhere-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … _web#gid=0

I'm going to play around with some of the time slots to try and group according to theme (I just flung out all the movies willy nilly), so feel free to suggest where things should go. 

The only things that are set are the prime time slots- 6pm to midnight (US Eastern time) each night.  Those movies are there, but the slots may change that 6 hour window.  The noon to 6pm (US Eastern time) is for the Euros, so you folks have precedence is picking movies for those slots.

So midnight to 6AM (US Eastern time) is a free for all for suggestions.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-10-22 01:19:07)

^^^
Very good job sir Monkey Knight dude boy man.

I've updated the spreadsheet some more.  It still needs a lot of work, but you should have an idea of what's going on.  My next thing is to find legal versions of all the films for you fine semi-sentient beings ( tongue ).  You'll see on the spreadsheet soon how I'm approaching this, this year.

looking good so far, should work okay!

azathoth wrote:

Hey Vas, is 6PM US Eastern time OK for you for The Prophecy?
Let me know, yay or nay, and give me a better time if nay.  The only reserved times are Saturday from 8-midnight for Vampy and Acey stuff.

Thats certainly ok with me smile

^^
Cool, for once something works out!

BTW, Vampy reminded me I needed to ask the ladies which song(s) they want to hear from my sonorous maw.  I was thinking I'd do my long, long delayed reading of The Raven, but I know Lon or Punk would just do something to make me laugh, so I'm gonna have to stick to music.  I could try Bring Him Home by Valjean, but that really hurts my throat.

Um, did I just type that ^?  When did me singing on Movie Nights become a requirement? lol

And the latest update on the spreadsheet.

edit-  an actual URL would be useful, wouldn't it?  Oy.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-10-23 00:53:43)

^ The set-list is definitely looking more put together/solidified now. Looks like you're almost done, from what I can tell. And Saturday looks especially sweet with its line-up!

Looks good to me. It's all an hour earlier for me so it should make it easier for me to catch more movies, though I may still have some trick or treaters during Halloween 3.

I think I have most of the groupings done.  I might switch around a few, but I think I got 'em lined up OK. I hope Acey can get some Truck promo materials up in time- it would be great to have a movie with the director and then have him show off his new stuff.

Hopefully next year I can do Owly and Ken's films.

Damn, i couldn't even put up the IMDb links you've done them all. Ah well, stuck all sunday's trailers from You Tube in, will get everything done later.

^^
Dude, you be the 42% awesome!

Since I know you are fan of Japan, I present this for you. (Japan World Cup 3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdmsRcsl_xA#t=19

It features things such as...

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/sdmsRcsl_xA/maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by azathoth (2013-10-23 08:15:36)

^^^
ROTFLMFAO!!! lol
This is the most insanely funny thing I've seen in a long while. Hahaha

@Lon- have you seen the latest schedule?

Any thoughts?  Also, check out the vid I linked up above.  It's just nuts.

OK, another small snag in the timeline- we accepted the annual Halloween party invitation this year, so I'll probably miss the 8PM Halloween III.  You get to decide if you want to do it without me, drop it, or push it back to 10.  And by "you" I mean anyone who is on at 8PM if I'm not.

Well it works for me, I might watch it whether it's cut or stays on, I'm more interested in Halloween 1 and 3 than 2. Also it would seem silly to push the whole movie night back, but if you wanted to drop another and replace it with Halloween 3, I am down for that too.

Other than that the list is great.

Last edited by Theli (2013-10-25 09:16:54)

^^
You gave me an idea- I could switch H2 & H3 (I'm not a huge fan of H2, either).  I stuck H3 in since it's not a bad movie, it just has a huge reputation problem.

I agree, pushing back the entire first night would be rough since it's a Thursday.  I'd like to get 2 Halloween films in.

^^^ Works for me.

^^
To clarify- you mean switching H2 and H3?

Yeah.  I'm not really all that big on H2, either, whereas H3 is a fun sci-fi/horror/splatter romp.