Topic: DHMW SEASON 2: ROUND 1

I know I said I was going to post the first match this coming Monday but dammit, I couldn't wait!

Now, then.  For those not familiar, Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior is a horror movie version of the popular Deadliest Warrior show on Spike TV.  Each week will feature a face-off between two horror film characters.  Your job is to vote which character you think is the most likely to win.  Sounds simple, right?

Well, not exactly.  There are a few rules.  Namely...

1. THIS IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST.  The idea is to get you, the dedicated horror fan, to put on your thinking cap and look at each match based on the characters' weapons, abilities (or traits) and weaknesses.  These matches are about skill vs skill, power vs power, ability vs ability, so please vote objectively!

2. In order to ensure that you've put some thought into your votes, THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF VOTES:

1. The "Justified Vote" -- any vote which is accompanied by a post explaining how you came to your decision.  Your explanation can be as detailed as you like.  Since more effort is put into a Justified Vote, a Justified Vote is worth FIVE POINTS.  (Note: explanations such as "so and so is cooler" do not count as acceptable explanations, and the correlating vote will not be considered "Justified.")

2. The "Non-Justified Vote" -- any vote which is not accompanied by a post explaining how you came to your decision.  Non-Justified Votes count as ONE POINT.

What this means, ideally, is that for every vote, there should be an accompanying post.  But this doesn't always happen; last season saw a number of matches where a character with more Non-Justified Votes actually lost to a character with fewer Justified Votes, because Justified Votes are worth more points.  So if we're going to have any kind of realistic result, please take the time to Justify your vote. 

3. Each weekly poll will be open for seven days, and ONLY seven days.  In the event of a tie, a two-day extension will be granted for anyone who did not vote originally and wishes to submit a write-in vote.

And there you go.  If you forget the rules, don't worry -- a brief recap of the rules is included in every weekly match.  Now without further ado, let's get to business! smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 2 of Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior (DHMW) features every single weekly winner from Season 1 facing off against a new, deadly opponent.  For those of you who've never participated before, I thought we'd start this season off on a lighter note to get you into the swing of things, as...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Shaun.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Columbus_zps569b7ce6.jpg

Previous wins:

Shaun: Tar Man (Return of the Living Dead)
Columbus: none

Two of horror's funniest zombie bashers face off in a fight to the death.  Who will win?  You decide! 

And don't forget...

THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: DHMW SEASON 2: ROUND 1

Though I love Shaun, and he may win in a stand off if they each had shotguns or in a brawl, I'm going to cast my vote for Columbus. In a one on one fight his shotgun has less need for accuracy, and would be the deadlier weapon, especially as you pointed out Shaun has weak aim. If we were talking zombie survival and not one on one fighting I also think he would survive longer. His logical mind and use of an organized list of rules is a great asset in an apocalyptic situation.

Colombus. Why??? The rules. H3LL the way he killed Amber Heard was sick. Not to mention every other Zombies in the movie. He also has a great team mate.

kXnPunk wrote:

He also has a great team mate.

Who will soon be appearing in a match of his own. big_smile

FYI, though, these are all individual matches.  No teammates.  Though teams do occasionally appear in exhibition matches (whose results don't count towards the overall season, they're just for fun).  But the idea is to determine the Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, not Warriors. big_smile

Ah well, sorry bout that.
Gonna replace that he kills lotsa Zombies. There. Fixed. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-02 18:52:50)

It's all good, Punk.  It didn't occur to me to point out that detail, so I should be thanking you.

Oh, and don't forget to enter your vote in the poll above. smile

great matchup! like said earlier in a straght up brawl i would have to give it to Shaun maybe, i say maybe because columbus still has his #1 rule cardio...but since this is a battle to the death i would have to give it to Columbus for the win.

EXPLANATION:
say Shaun busted out the old winchester rifle n even gets the first shot off BANG!!!you already know if Columbus at a good distance Shauns gona miss...So thats gona get Columbus on a full on sprint,(rule #20 It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint.) hes haulin ass for cover while still gaining some ground,which makes it even harder for Shaun to hit him... so C finally gets to cover behind a car while dodging atleast 3 of Shauns poorly fired shots BANG BANG... C then gets his breath n calculates the distance between him and shaun is too far for him to keep sprinting at him...he checks the back seat of the car before he breaks in(rule # 31 check back seat)so he breaks open the car window n hes in luck its a push start and the spare clicker was in the glove box... so he starts her up,revs her up real nice,BANG!!! one of Shauns unaimed shots goes thru the back passenger side window, C then buckles up his safety belt(rule #4 Wear seat belts), and then stomps on the gas... C heads straight for him, Shauns finally got him in front so he takes aim a lil better this time and fires off his 5th shot BANG!!! n ohhhh its a miss(womp,womp), shot goes right thru front windshield of passenger side. Shaun takes a deep breath aims down the sights and fires a 6th shot BANG!!!, and its a HIT ladies and gentlemen... the .22 round hits C right in upper right shoulder,not a fatal wound tho jus kinda leaves that arm useless for now ohhh well(rule #13 shake it off!), C goes for a ramming manuever and Shaun tries to jump outa the way, C hits Shaun with the driver side front fender of the car on Shauns backside, SMASH!!! C crashes into a light pole... C a little dazed from the crash but not too messed up thanks to his trusty seat belt pulls out his swiss army knife(rule # 33 Swiss army knife) and pops the air bags...all the while Shaun is slowly getting up on his feet to grab his rifle, C sees Shaun get up just a few feet away, and he leans over his right to grab his double barrel with his left hand,gets her up out the driver side window and takes a shot at Shauns backside BOOOOM!!!...the shot is pretty devastating Shauns on the ground with half his ass and back blown off,and his cricket bat pretty destroyed from the impact of the blast, cursing C still crawling to his rifle... C unbuckles his seat belt opens the car door steps out onto the street and walks toward Shaun to complete rule #2(double tap)... Shaun starts to laugh knowing hes bout to see his best friend ed..the laughing stops he goes quiet, and hears the footsteps getting closer,he tries to get over on his right side as quick as he can to get that 7th n final shot off... BANG!!!! BOOOOM!!!! Both guns go off C drops his double barrel and falls to his knees... C wipes the blood off his left cheek and cant seem to get the ringing out his left ear,and notices most of it is blown off... Still holding his ear and munchng on a twinkie C starts to smile a little bit,why??cause of rule #32(enjoy the little things),cause a ear wound not shit to having your whole head blown off like poor ol Shaun...

sorry Shaun may u R.I.P bro we all gona miss u man....U still my fave. even tho u nota american...lol jk
Thanks to Columbus faithful ol 33 rules hes the winner in this great matchup! til next time

So that's three posts for Columbus...but only one vote.  There's a poll at the top, fellas. wink

yaa my bad jus saw that..

LoudLon wrote:

It's all good, Punk.  It didn't occur to me to point out that detail, so I should be thanking you.

Oh, and don't forget to enter your vote in the poll above. smile

Hahaha Yeah just realized that it was a battle so a poll vote was needed... Homer me.

More coffee and alcohol needed. lol

reeaally blows that not many people vote or put there opinoins on these matches, i thought this was an amazing idea..this was main reason i joined. I saw that last year not too many people participated either,shit loada views but NO VOTES.... CMON PEOPLE VOTE>>>

ohhh n one more thing WHERE IS UNDERDOG???? big fan of your posts,cmon dude give us a story

I'll go with Shaun, though he lacks motivation a bit of the time when it comes down to things he seems to be able to get stuff done. Not to mention he is great with a cricket bat! tongue

My vote goes to him.

ZOMBZ_40oz_McGurk wrote:

reeaally blows that not many people vote or put there opinoins on these matches, i thought this was an amazing idea..this was main reason i joined. I saw that last year not too many people participated either,shit loada views but NO VOTES.... CMON PEOPLE VOTE>>>

ohhh n one more thing WHERE IS UNDERDOG???? big fan of your posts,cmon dude give us a story

Yeah, Undie was a HUGE contributor to DHMW last year and I always got a kick out of his stories.  I'm sure he'll jump right in once he realizes Season 2 has started.  I only posted about starting it again once, so I didn't exactly advertise or build it up very much. lol

But I'm glad you enjoy this.  And feel free to spread the word to folks on other boards (if you go to any).  Even if all they do is join up to participate in DHMW, chances are they'll explore the rest of the joint and realize how great a community this is. smile

LoudLon wrote:
ZOMBZ_40oz_McGurk wrote:

Yeah, Undie was a HUGE contributor to DHMW last year and I always got a kick out of his stories.  I'm sure he'll jump right in once he realizes Season 2 has started.  I only posted about starting it again once, so I didn't exactly advertise or build it up very much. lol

But I'm glad you enjoy this.  And feel free to spread the word to folks on other boards (if you go to any).  Even if all they do is join up to participate in DHMW, chances are they'll explore the rest of the joint and realize how great a community this is. smile

yaa i have been trying to spread the word about the competition, guess i gota do some more tho...n like u said once there on the site im sure when they explore the rest of it theyll see how great it is... ever since i discovered it i have been getting on here like crazy

hope i didnt mess up the Quote thing, my bad not too pc savy...

ZOMBZ_40oz_McGurk wrote:

Probably watching Horror or having fun with the kids. Like his posts too BTW. Cool guy, like EVERYBODY here except The One That We Can't Say The Name fucker.

Reminds me I still have the DHMW story to write/piece together.  And finish Season 1's bracket. 

PDF of bracket so far.  Warning- it's 2.6MB

edit-  yeah, I should probably actually vote.

I'm going to go with Shaun here.  While he may be out-gunned, he's a clever git, and he'll get the drop on Columbo.  One LP downpour and wicket-spanking coming up!

Last edited by azathoth (2013-08-07 00:16:29)

Voting is over.  Our results:

Shaun:
Justified Votes -- 2 x 5pts each = 10pts
Non-Justified Votes -- 0
Total pts: 10

Columbus:
Justified Votes -- 3 x 5 pts each = 15 pts
Non-Justified Votes -- 0
Total pts: 15

The winner: COLUMBUS

Thanks to those who participated.  Round 2 will be up shortly. smile

WOOOHOOO!!! Yay baby.

DAMN!! I missed this one. Wouldn't have mattered though. My vote would have been for, Columbus.

Some of you who weren't around for DHMW's first season may not know that once a round is finished and  voting is complete, I, your humble pollmaster (minds out of the gutter, dweebs) like to give my take on each match.  So...

My take:

I like the character of Shaun better; he's funny as hell, he's a quick thinker (when he needs to be) and he swings a mean cricket bat.  But, while I like the character of Columbus less, his obsessive adherence to his self-formulated rules for survival and the fact that he's far more accurate with his shotgun than Shaun is with the Winchester rifle make the difference here.  Columbus for the win.