Topic: Best Canceled TV Shows

I hate when a tv show I really like gets canceled and I can't watch it anymore but what are some of the best canceled tv shows you like and wish could come back? I love Freaks and Geeks as well as Arrested Development and I wish I had Netflix so I could watch the newest season on it. Also since HIMYM is almost ending I'd love to see Jason Segel have a Freaks and Geeks reunion with Seth Rogen and James Franco.

Re: Best Canceled TV Shows

I view shows that were cancelled, as shows that didn't run their course. Just the networks going, "Eh, we're done with you, even tho you're still loved/had more seasons promised/stories on going." Not cancelled, would mean shows that just ran their course and ended.

Cancelled:

Third Watch - My fave all time show. At least NBC gave them a chance to wrap up story lines tho. They had another full season left, and was canned with 5 episodes to go in season 6. So they fast tracked the story. It was rushed, but at least it was wrapped up.

King Of The Hill - How was this canned, but crap like Cleveland Show and Bob's Burgers keep going? KotH is probably my second all time fave animated show (behind American Dad). Screw you FOX... you dicks.

Not Cancelled, But Over:

Buffy/Angel - I'll lump them together just cause. In the end, I liked Angel more than Buffy, but just marginally. For me, the height of Joss's career. (not a Firefly fan at all)

Seinfeld - Greatest sitcom of all time. Nuff said.

Last edited by Zed_Chuva (2013-08-04 02:16:29)

Buffy/Angel - never get tired of watching episodes of the series.

Carnivale - while it did have an ending, it felt unfinished as the evil pastor was getting revived. Excellent underrated series.

Funny you should bring this up right now!

I just watched a Documentary on the show Firefly called Done the Impossible.  The Doc was about how the show was canceled mid first season (and the network effed with it), then fans had them bring it back to finish the season, then they produced a movie and now it has a cult following.  Still only lasted a season.  I was somewhat familiar with the show but had not seen it or the movie.  The Doc was full of people that had almost unbelievably positive things to say about the show.

So...of course I checked out the show and am LOVING it!  Just a few episodes in, but it is great.  So I would add Firefly to the list.

Good call with Seinfeld, Zed, but would you say that was canceled or just run its course?  I also was a Third Watch fan!

Highlander!  Though, I'm not sure if that was canceled either...think they all just decided to move on.

Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place!  Great Halloween episodes.

The Shield...again though, that more just ran its course. 

Magnum PI.

^^^
Been a long time freaking mad fan of Firefly. Also active in the Browncoats [how the fans of Mal's community call themselves].
http://www.browncoats.com

Buffy

HeFREAKINGroes

Dark Angel My favorite EVER after Heroes.

Andromeda

And Twilight Zone OF COURSE. big_smile

Charmed!!
I loved Charmed.
Bought the entire series on DVD so I can watch it whenever I want. But it would be awesome if there was more stories.

One Tree Hill. I really liked that show.

The Secret Circle. Cancelled after the first season. I was digging it.

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Been a long time freaking mad fan of Firefly. Also active in the Browncoats [how the fans of Mal's community call themselves].
http://www.browncoats.com

Buffy

HeFREAKINGroes

Dark Angel My favorite EVER after Heroes.

Andromeda

And Twilight Zone OF COURSE. big_smile

fucking netflix took off a gang of twilight zone episodes......soo bummed....

never watched too much tv....when i did it was always history or discovery....i wish Anthony Bourdain No Reservations was still going....

Firefly and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2013-08-04 15:42:33)

fmvgamer wrote:

Carnivale - while it did have an ending, it felt unfinished as the evil pastor was getting revived. Excellent underrated series.

Yeah, that was a really interesting series that "ended" on an extremely unsatisfying note (basically, a season finale cliffhanger of sorts, with no follow-up).  I really felt robbed by that, and also by another HBO show around that same time, "Deadwood," which also sort of just petered out.

...obligatory "Kolchak:  The Night Stalker" reference in any thread on this topic...

Married with Children : I still laugh out loud everytime I see that show. Al Bundy is the king.

X-File
Hercules
Xena
I Love Lucy
Three's Company
Angel
Buffy

It's got to be Firefly. That shows was ended far to soon.

mike3881 wrote:

Married with Children : I still laugh out loud everytime I see that show. Al Bundy is the king.

Buffy

Yes Married With Children! That show has had me in hysterics more than any other! Al Bundy is the King of the world as far as i'm concerned. So many hilarious scenes but theres one that always stick in my head ... Marcy walks through the Bundy's front door with a raw chicken in her hand and Al says "Marcy congratulations i didn't know you were expecting" So fuuny.

And the most memorable moment for me has to be Al Bundy Vs Spare Tire Dixon

http://youtu.be/_BJ7-_-omnU

I'll stop now cause i could go on forever. smile

tamina wrote:
mike3881 wrote:

Buffy

Yes Married With Children! That show has had me in hysterics more than any other! Al Bundy is the King of the world as far as i'm concerned. So many hilarious scenes but theres one that always stick in my head ... Marcy walks through the Bundy's front door with a raw chicken in her hand and Al says "Marcy congratulations i didn't know you were expecting" So fuuny.

And the most memorable moment for me has to be Al Bundy Vs Spare Tire Dixon

http://youtu.be/_BJ7-_-omnU

I'll stop now cause i could go on forever. :)

My favorite episodes was when Al was put on trial by all the fat women he isulted over the years. "Mommy I want a balloon, you already have one."

Hahahahahahhah "Your knee was down no it wasn't."

Last edited by mike3881 (2013-08-05 18:01:41)

Firefly
Sports Night
Space: Above and Beyond
The completely botched 5th season of Babylon 5.
Dark Skies
Special Unit 2
Dresden Files
Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
Tales of the Gold Monkey

Potentials:

666 Park Avenue was looking good.
Happy Town showed promise (kind of like Harper's Island) but got axed after 3 (3!) episodes.
Seven Days
First Wave
Cleopatra 2525
Jack of All Trades
Prey

Good call on Happy Town, Az.  I forgot bout that one, and it was looking interesting.

Night Court.
mst3k.
M.A.S.H.

I can't believe I forgot about MASH. Anyone here a fan of Boston Legal ? Danny Crane is hilarious.

@Ghosty- yep, just started to get freaky and *poof*.

Mercy Point.  Think ER in space in the year 2250 (or so).
Earth: Final Conflict.  A Canadian(!) sci-fi show somewhat like Alien Nation, but much better.
TekWar.  With William Shatner!
The Sentinel.  Another Canadian show on the UPN channel.  About a cop with super-sensitive senses.
Seven Days.  Another UPN show, this time about time travel (with Justina Vail).
Psi Factor.  Feeling the love for Canadian shows tonight!  Dan Aykroyd "presents" paranormal case files of the "OSIR."
Poltergeist: The Legacy.  Has nothing to do with the movies; secret society protects us from evil.
Relic Hunter.  Tia Carrere plays a female Indian Jones.
Legend of the Seeker.  Based on Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series.  Very good, held up to the books well.  Producers- Raimi & Tapert  sad

Wow, I'm pulling out some odd stuff.

Edit-
I'm staying away from long running shows like M*A*S* and Law & Order, otherwise I'd be here all night.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-08-07 00:52:00)

^^^
Relic Hunter was very cool. What a nice hottie for the then Teenager me. smile

Why oh why the f did they cancelled RED WIDOW an amazing show about a girl played by the spectacular Radha Mitchell that gets her husband killed right in front of her kid. She also have her duaghter kidnaped so she tries to find who's the killer and gets into a mafian business shit. Lots of twists and turns and each episode you thought it was this guy only to discover in the next that it was someone else and on and on until the 8th episode finale. And oooooohhhh man, Rade Serbedzija as the russian father was just brilliant!!! Damn you ABC. Grrr.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2215399/

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-07 00:59:46)

Another one cut early-
Threshold.  Neat sci-fi about 1st alien contact.

Cant believe I forgot this show but the best show to get cancelled imo is the 4400 which use to air on the USA network. I invested so much time on that show for it to get cancelled before they  give us the oerson why they get sent back in time. I wish they turned the series into a comic so they could continue the story. Heroes was in the same boat but I never felt like I was ripped-off because of the ending. The big Event was good too it left you waiting for the next episode. I wish they would of taken the series to sci-fi.

Last edited by mike3881 (2013-09-26 14:53:43)

Pushing Daisies was really good.  I was bummed it didn't last longer.

Firefly!

Black books
The IT crowd
Spaced
Studio 60
Party Down
Playmakers
The Job
ReGenesis

You guys need the "TV Shows that should have ended at season x" thread. Hell of a long list of big names there.

Misfits of Science
My Name is Earl

Both canceled before their times. hmm

This is a weird one-

The show Siberia was supposed to last for either 11 or 12 episodes, depending on who you believe.  It's a whole big foofaraw.  I was group-bitched-slapped by a bunch of girls about it on Facebook (under my "Charlie Gaston" account).

It was OK, but the last episode shown ended way wacky.  Sorry, I couldn't find a YT of it.  sad