Topic: Movie Night August 2013

I think it is time for a Movie Night, yes?  (Say "yes" or I'll have Boxlee the Fresh lick you.)

https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/Boxlee_TheFresh_Small_2.jpg

Anyhoo...
(I need a warmup for the upcoming HFest '13.  See HFest thread here.)

So I'm looking at the 17th, 24th, or 31st (all Saturdays).  Vote in the poll up top and/or put it in your post.  I'll probably start at 5 or 6PM US Eastern time so our Euro friends can catch a movie or 2.

As for the movies, I'm looking to do a "fans' favorites" type thing.  We can do new stuff, of course, but I was thinking some of our oldies but goodies  (Tenebrae, Bay of Blood, Winterbeast, Lovecraft, Pete Jackson, Christmas/Valentines Horror, etc.).

If enough people (say 4 or more) show up, I'll make it an official Movie Night, audiotaped and all.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about-

Movie nights are when a group of HM members (and occasional guests) all hop on Skype (audio or text only, no video) and simultaneously watch a film(s).  Everyone has to have their own local copy, be it DVD, streaming (ie. YouTube, StageVu), etc.  We then type or chat about the film (usually; sometimes there are tangents about words or birds and stuff).  An Official Movie Night gets recorded for a podcast-
Previous Movie Night podcasts.

So let me know a date and movie ideas.

Re: Movie Night August 2013

I'm bumping big_smile

Heh

http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000026201229-ln6261-crop.jpg?5ffe3cd

OK, so the 31st is currently leading.  I have to make a decision this weekend, so vote if you haven't yet.

I'll be on Skype tomorrow night if anyone wants to chat about movie selection.

I voted for the 17th because I know I'll be off work on that day. I have the 31st off as well, but I'm not yet sure if I have to work the morning shift on the following day or not. If I do, I'll probably stick around for one flick. If not, I'll probably be there the whole night! In any case, go utilitarianism!

Looking forward to this. Maybe I'll come back to this post a bit later and edit in some movie ideas, if I can think of some decent ones.

azathoth, how the H3LL can I talk to you on Skype???

Did you add everyone Punk?

I sent azathoth and you a request but no replies yet. No idea what else I can do to add someone.
Hey I'm a TOTAL NOOB so... lol

Are you sure it was me?? tongue
I haven't received a request yet.
My avatar is the same as the forum. Just an FYI

Mine is
azathoth1945

What's your Skype name Punk?

I think I found you.
Should have known it was you. Your AVI. duh.

mine is facebook:plourdy azathoth. And MoonRaven, oh, the one I saw didn't have any avatar so I guess it's not you. Ah well, I'll learn, I'll learn. This damn thing is strange though nothing like I've ever seen before. Boy do I miss the IRC days. lol

^^
Sent a request to you.

Also sent one to kxnpunk.  I wonder who that is?  lol

Reminder I'll be on Skype tonight to talk about movie selection.  Also going to watch The Conspiracy (2012) with Golem tonight if anyone is interested.

I'm going to the in-laws through this weekend, so I can't run a real movie night this weekend.  So, the 31st it is (sorry Panda & Crispy).  I'll try to hang out on the 24th if  people want to do an impromptu session.

Haven't decided on the films for the 31st yet, though I think I want The Entity in there.  Maybe some other haunting films; shoot out some ideas.

The fam is finally...FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY...heading back to Indiana tomorrow morning so I should be free and clear for movie night.  I'll try to think up some "haunting" type flicks to nominate.

^^
Check Skype Saturday night.  At the very least we can pick some movies and make fun of anyone who's not there.

I can only make the 31st as Im at Frightfest on the 24th.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/bf/5e/95/bf5e95c8061a8a4eafc64860927b6c44.jpg

Haunting??? Mmmhhh... Oh yes. Next Door a very nice little piece from kick ass Norway. And The Devil's Backbone. Awesome Del Toro one.

I have the joys of working that weekend.
But I would like to stop by.

Well, it looks like it'll be a bit hit or miss with people.  I'll trust Punk on Next Door since I haven't seen it.  I'll see if I can find a subbed version online.

Entity, Next Door, & Devil's Backbone, depending on how much energy everyone has.  Say start around 8-9PM, depending when/if people show up.

Any last minute ideas, questions, donations, you have through Friday night to voice, ask, pay, respectively.  big_smile

^ Unfortunately, I don't have access to those films! I will certainly drop in for awhile though and hang.

^^
After looking around, I couldn't find any free & legal versions of them.  I might have to pick some new films.  I'll peruse your YT playlist to see what catches my eye.

This Saturday?  Who's coming?

We got maybes/part-time on Vas, Ravie, Creatch.  Lon & Punk haven't got back to me officially.  Panda & Crispy are going to parties, I think.  Tried getting in touch with HQ, no dice.  That's it so far.

Everyone, check out Creatch's playlist, give me some ideas.

edit- hmm, wonder if we should start up an unofficial HMCA channel on YT?

Last edited by azathoth (2013-08-29 22:48:02)

I'll be sitting in but I don't have any of the films mentioned, and since past experience has shown that streaming a movie online while on Skype plays havoc with my shitty DSL, I'll just be on for the chit-chat. hmm