Re: Movie Night August 2013

^^
Fair 'nuf.  You need to upgrade your 'net connection to tin cups and string.

Did you see Ace's show yet?

Nope.  Been looking in all my usual places to DL it but it hasn't shown up yet. hmm

Im a def yes, azathoth.

^^
Cool.

Talked to Vengey last night, she said she'll drop in.  I'm going to look over Creature's playlist to pick some stuff. 

Go check his horror playlist to see if you have any favorites (I was totally blindsided by that none of my originals aren't available legally.).

Let me know you style preference (new vs old, atmo vs jump, monkey vs panda, etc).  You have till midnight until I ignore everything everyone suggests and I pick MVP (2000), Any Which Way You Can (1980), and Africa Screams (1949).
lol

But seriously, there is some last minute interest, and I want to provide a fun night.  On such short notice, I'm looking at the free & legal streaming stuff, which most people besides FlexChexMultiplex Sharkmaster can handle.

LoudLon wrote:

Nope.  Been looking in all my usual places to DL it but it hasn't shown up yet. hmm

PM me if you find it.  I'm looking too.

azathoth wrote:

We got maybes/part-time on Vas, Ravie, Creatch.  Lon & Punk haven't got back to me officially.

Everyone, check out Creatch's playlist, give me some ideas.

edit- hmm, wonder if we should start up an unofficial HMCA channel on YT?

Well it's a huge YESSSsss!!!

Checking's The Creature's stuff right now, I'll be back in a few.

And H3LL yeah Toob Horror Movie Crazy Maniacs You, damn great idea, got some stuff to share, a huge bunch really. LOL

And keep me advised on Ace's one too. H3LL, why doesn't he shoot it to us, he stars in this right??? He might have it hidden somewhere.

I'll send my Evil Vamp Spy after him. Mwahahaha lol

EDIT: Back. GHOST TRAIN, ohhhh GHOST FREAKING TRAIN. Excellent and it's been YEARS. So there. That'll be a fun night everybody. Join!!! smile

Oh BTW, got My Ex [2009] a cool Thai one with english subs available...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-30 15:06:50)

^^
Ace doesn't star, and even if he did they usually don't see the finished product until it airs anyway.  Once it hits post-, unless they're in the production crew they are out of the loop.  It'll show up eventually.

Okay, so, do we know which movies we'll be watching for certain, or are we still just throwing out ideas?  I've got four hours to DL a couple.  Incidentally, I saw The Devil's Backbone mentioned, and that's one I do have.

Lon, you know this is for tomorrow, so you have more than 4 hours, yes? 

We can mix up the order, since Lon & I have been trying to get The Brain on for a while, and it would only be proper to have Punk on when doing Ghost Train since he suggested it.  What an odd collection of films.

We're finally doing The Brain (1988) (IMDB link).
Full movie on YouTube link.

OK, add Ghost Train (1941). 
IMDB link.
YouTube link.
Haven't seen it, sounds cool.

What do you think about Society (1989)?
Society (IMDB link).
Someone's Society playlist (YouTube link).
Been a while since I watched it, not seen by most HM folks.

And as a buffer film, The Tombs of the Blind Dead (1972) (IMDB link).
Full movie YouTube link.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-08-30 16:43:23)

Oh, pfffft.  I thought it was tonight.  I even stayed up until ten this morning and slept to four friggin' PM so I'd be wide awake for it tonight! lol

I'm cool with the flicks, but to clarify, is Ghost Train the one from '41, or the Japanese one from '06?  I asked in another thread and somebody (coughcoughPamcoughcough) didn't answer me.

Coughcough41coughcough.  I was watching GERM

Careful with that cough.  Try some warm water and honey.

You forgot the key ingredient, whiskey.

I don't drink, which means I forgot NOTHING.

Boom.  Dealt with.

Okay let me explain this s-l-o-w-l-y.  These are the proper ingredients for homemade cough medicine.  Honey, whiskey and lemon.

azathoth wrote:

Lon, you know this is for tomorrow, so you have more than 4 hours, yes? 

We can mix up the order, since Lon & I have been trying to get The Brain on for a while, and it would only be proper to have Punk on when doing Ghost Train since he suggested it.  What an odd collection of films.

We're finally doing The Brain (1988) (IMDB link).
Full movie on YouTube link.

OK, add Ghost Train (1941). 
IMDB link.
YouTube link.
Haven't seen it, sounds cool.

What do you think about Society (1989)?
Society (IMDB link).
Someone's Society playlist (YouTube link).
Been a while since I watched it, not seen by most HM folks.

And as a buffer film, The Tombs of the Blind Dead (1972) (IMDB link).
Full movie YouTube link.

These are some excellent choices, I think. I've only seen two out of four (The Brain and Society), and I haven't seen The Brain since I was like six years old. Looking forward to tomorrow...

You found youtube links..woo!!
I can watch them on my iPad when I go home.
Or watch them on my laptop at the bf house.
Depending on what time we start and stuff.
Hoping to catch at least one.

Sunshine Possum got it with Ghost Train '41.

@Ravie- Looking to start between 8-9PM Eastern time, then going as long as people feel like, so you should be able to catch something.  (Hopefully not Lon or Possum's cough, lol )

≈8 hours, woot woot!

I'm starting up a new Skype convo-
HM 8/31/13

I'm auto-adding all the usual suspects.  If I miss anyone, just send me an IM over Skype asking to get added.

If you're having problems finding the convo, put this into your browser's address-

skype:?chat&blob=d9p2-z42YSfdQqUx_P-8LFlZwyoiWPosGcf_WJS6itMy2VwGKUlWwPy350Dp24bTAGfwTZ1mKCBtSdIOLfUjvS8teVaS71Lg-HTDbZH-naxJ3mP6fTk

Only one I haven't seen is The Tombs Of The Blind Dead but the others are just great. ESPECIALLY Ghost Train, damn I like this one a whole lot. smile

It's getting around that time now...woot, indeed!

Edit - Currently logged onto Skype now!

Last edited by The Creature (2013-08-31 19:03:35)

Yep, it's me and Creatch right now.  Just hangin' waiting for some more folks.

And me, and Panda, and golem.

Bunch of pansies, get your asses on Skype now!