Re: Spiral Staircases!

kXnPunk wrote:

What??? Damn...

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/ec/f1/49/ecf149f5ed8db0acf243c02dc674d0bc.jpg

Wow.

Re: Spiral Staircases!

Absolutely wild and crazy as mad this is...

http://mystery756.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/jie-ma-digital-art-tumblr-spiral-staircase-mid-air-1.jpg?w=660

Re: Spiral Staircases!

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bc/97/c2/bc97c2b531c352943d49d77ef00e56d6.jpg

Re: Spiral Staircases!

kXnPunk wrote:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bc/97/c2/bc97c2b531c352943d49d77ef00e56d6.jpg

Wow. Wow. Wow. LOL

Re: Spiral Staircases!

The Vatican...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lorpr1rgoz1qj5fcro1_500.jpg

Re: Spiral Staircases!

WOW WOW WOW!!

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1235486_685468351464503_658662590_n.jpg

Re: Spiral Staircases!

Here's an absolutely amazing staircase. With an awesome story attached.

Was built by one guy, with no visible support in the staircase itself. Yet, it has supported up to 20 people at a time. Crazy stuff.

A little bit from the link below.

Needing a way to get up to the choir loft the nuns prayed for St. Joseph's intercession for nine straight days. On the day after their novena ended a shabby looking stranger appeared at their door. He told the nuns he would build them a staircase but that he needed total privacy and locked himself in the chapel for three months. He used a small number of primitive tools including a square, a saw and some warm water and constructed a spiral staircase entirely of non-native wood. The identity of the carpenter is not known for as soon as the staircase was finally finished he was gone. Many witnesses, upon seeing the staircase, feel it was constructed by St. Joseph himself, as a miraculous occurrence.

    The resulting staircase is an impressive work of carpentry. It ascends twenty feet, making two complete revolutions up to the choir loft without the use of nails or apparent center support. It has been surmised that the central spiral of the staircase is narrow enough to serve as a central beam. Nonetheless there was no attachment unto any wall or pole in the original stairway, although in 1887 -- 10 years after it was built -- a railing was added and the outer spiral was fastened to an adjacent pillar.[3] Instead of metal nails, the staircase was constructed using dowels or wooden pegs.

Loretto Chapel

stair

Last edited by z3r0c00l (2013-09-16 18:44:22)

Re: Spiral Staircases!

^^^
20 feet damn that's big. Fantastic ones folks. smile

Yeah I know, it's not spiral but too beautiful of an image to pass up.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/c3/70/c6/c370c6b1f374d019719b091d57128ccf.jpg

Re: Spiral Staircases!

Nice pics BOTH!! big_smile

Re: Spiral Staircases!

Is that from the intro for The Outer Limits, punk?

Re: Spiral Staircases!

^^^
No idea...

If so haven't seen this one.

But I doubt it, my reverse search didn't mention Outer Limits anywhere. But is it trustable??? Not sure. lol

Re: Spiral Staircases!

Not quite SPIRAL but stunning!!!!

Abandoned Castle Belgium.

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/603241_651360864898347_1211054967_n.jpg

Re: Spiral Staircases!

Yep.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/dd/97/68/dd9768a4ca625e9c13b782a512692e36.jpg

Re: Spiral Staircases!

THIS is one beautiful staircase!! WOW!!!!  And I love horses. smile

Staircase by Jop van Driel of Trapart.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1016233_570659546327822_1022905458_n.jpg

Re: Spiral Staircases!

Woah, freaking amazing!!!

I love horses too. My uncle was breeding some Canadian horses before he died and they were really cool guys. Love riding 'em, so freaking cool. Mine was called Cesar and he was RAD!!! big_smile

Looks like a damn mouth. O_O

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnd5ut8fgm1qjygzfo1_500.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-11 13:54:11)

Re: Spiral Staircases!

I love horses too. My uncle was breeding some Canadian horses before he died and they were really cool guys. Love riding 'em, so freaking cool. Mine was called Cesar and he was RAD!!!

Right on!!

Cool staircase too!

Re: Spiral Staircases!

z3r0c00l wrote:

Here's an absolutely amazing staircase. With an awesome story attached.

Was built by one guy, with no visible support in the staircase itself. Yet, it has supported up to 20 people at a time. Crazy stuff.

A little bit from the link below.

Needing a way to get up to the choir loft the nuns prayed for St. Joseph's intercession for nine straight days. On the day after their novena ended a shabby looking stranger appeared at their door. He told the nuns he would build them a staircase but that he needed total privacy and locked himself in the chapel for three months. He used a small number of primitive tools including a square, a saw and some warm water and constructed a spiral staircase entirely of non-native wood. The identity of the carpenter is not known for as soon as the staircase was finally finished he was gone. Many witnesses, upon seeing the staircase, feel it was constructed by St. Joseph himself, as a miraculous occurrence.

    The resulting staircase is an impressive work of carpentry. It ascends twenty feet, making two complete revolutions up to the choir loft without the use of nails or apparent center support. It has been surmised that the central spiral of the staircase is narrow enough to serve as a central beam. Nonetheless there was no attachment unto any wall or pole in the original stairway, although in 1887 -- 10 years after it was built -- a railing was added and the outer spiral was fastened to an adjacent pillar.[3] Instead of metal nails, the staircase was constructed using dowels or wooden pegs.

Loretto Chapel

stair

There was a movie made about this staircase called "The Spiral Staircase" with William Peterson that is a really good movie

Re: Spiral Staircases!

Ash's missing hand wrote:
z3r0c00l wrote:

Here's an absolutely amazing staircase. With an awesome story attached.

Was built by one guy, with no visible support in the staircase itself. Yet, it has supported up to 20 people at a time. Crazy stuff.

A little bit from the link below.

Needing a way to get up to the choir loft the nuns prayed for St. Joseph's intercession for nine straight days. On the day after their novena ended a shabby looking stranger appeared at their door. He told the nuns he would build them a staircase but that he needed total privacy and locked himself in the chapel for three months. He used a small number of primitive tools including a square, a saw and some warm water and constructed a spiral staircase entirely of non-native wood. The identity of the carpenter is not known for as soon as the staircase was finally finished he was gone. Many witnesses, upon seeing the staircase, feel it was constructed by St. Joseph himself, as a miraculous occurrence.

    The resulting staircase is an impressive work of carpentry. It ascends twenty feet, making two complete revolutions up to the choir loft without the use of nails or apparent center support. It has been surmised that the central spiral of the staircase is narrow enough to serve as a central beam. Nonetheless there was no attachment unto any wall or pole in the original stairway, although in 1887 -- 10 years after it was built -- a railing was added and the outer spiral was fastened to an adjacent pillar.[3] Instead of metal nails, the staircase was constructed using dowels or wooden pegs.

Loretto Chapel

stair

There was a movie made about this staircase called "The Spiral Staircase" with William Peterson that is a really good movie


Nice one Ash's missing hand!! smile

Re: Spiral Staircases!

here is a 4-5 minute video about the Loretto Chapel staircase
http://youtu.be/yvid_KnFq7s

Re: Spiral Staircases!

^^^
Very cool!!!

One that's crazy is the vatican's one too. Mad christian fuckers.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7l6tpYbXN1qj5fcro1_500.jpg

Re: Spiral Staircases!

spiral staircase on a silo http://cache.wists.com/thumbnails/e/18/e18f17191722779d8b9a42aa176cc42a-orig

Re: Spiral Staircases!

^^^
Too cool!!! big_smile

Re: Spiral Staircases!

DarkMistress wrote:
Ash's missing hand wrote:
z3r0c00l wrote:

Here's an absolutely amazing staircase. With an awesome story attached.

Was built by one guy, with no visible support in the staircase itself. Yet, it has supported up to 20 people at a time. Crazy stuff.

A little bit from the link below.



Loretto Chapel

stair

There was a movie made about this staircase called "The Spiral Staircase" with William Peterson that is a really good movie


Nice one Ash's missing hand!! smile

sorry it is simply called "The Staircase" and also had Barbara Hershey in it

Re: Spiral Staircases!

Too cool. big_smile

http://daily-pins.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/A-rug-of-nightmares-imaginary-starway-of-terror.jpg

Re: Spiral Staircases!

Stairs to nowhere
http://weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/stairways-knotted-staircase-de-broin.jpg