Topic: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

It doesn't make any sense. Anarchy is a total absense of government. Without government, there is disorder. Where there is disorder, people DIE. Also, there really is no way to establish anarchy, because even if you totally get rid of government, people are going to make up their own rules, their own laws, and their own system of rule. People will just build up another government. Anarchy, in my opinion, is utterly pointless and I can't believe people believe the ends justify the means. Discuss.

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

When the government is already screwing you hard, why not just do it yourself?

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

i never did agree with anarchy....i had friends, being in the punk scene, who swore by it....but i always felt that, like you said, we'll end up making another system....human beings are systematic, its our nature....sooner or later, someone or some people will take charge....anarchy would work in a perfect society....but we're far too human to create a society where everyone gets along....laws and policy will eventually come....a law that oppresses one group, will benefit another.....its a paradox....

fuck anarchy....im for a direct democracy....but americans are too apathetic for that too work....so we put the responsibilities into the hands of representatives....

people forget america isnt a democracy.....its a republic....like rome....

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

Anarchy is primarily the absence of rules. No rules means no governments that's obvious but it goes farther than that. The best aspect of it is the TRUE freedom of choice. Anarchist schools of thought can differ fundamentally, supporting anything from extreme individualism to complete collectivism. Collectivism is a MUCH better way to live without taking people down. So no, people would not die, FAR from that because with a system like this, people would take much more care about the ones next to him. Unlike with a political government like we live in now. I'm an Anarchist, been one the most part of my life. Why??? Because I live following my own rules not the society's ones. Of course I'm still living in this society but I don't follow any of it's rules. AT ALL. That's probably why I hate cops and the army that much. Another thing important in Anarchy is the respect. Everybody respects everything even if they disagree and what better way to go than this. I don't see any.
At the end, Rome was pure Anarchy but why did it fall so abruptly??? Because it was under a government if there wasn't one, it'd probably have worked.

Nobody should have the right to tell anybody to do what they want 'em to. EVERYBODY should be free to do whatever they want. BUT that's not without thinking about the others. Which is mostly what Anarchy is about. The betterness of all the people around you. Yes, without rules but who needs rules when everybody cares about each others huh???

Liberty is the most important thing in a human life and NO RULES CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
So yes, Anarchy IS freedom. And I'll finish this with the tagline of one of the most influencial Anarchist Punk band ever...

ANARCHY, PEACE, LOVE, CRASS...

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

I think a lot of the reason some people are anarchists is testosterone and paranoia. They see the reasonable amount of corruption in government, haven't gotten over their teen angst yet, and need to rage and "fight the man" and rebel even if what they want doesn't make a bit of sense. What they should really fight for if they believe in complete change is temporary anarchy where they can establish what ever new government they believe in (most likely pure democracy), because no government is stupid.

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

I disagree strongly. All governments are stupid. Who the H3LL has the right to tell someone how to act and live??? NO ONE... But yeah, like I said I live in my own world, been like that all my life. I follow no damn rules aside the ones I put myself into and even that isn't Anarchy, close but not true Anarchy. I agree LoudLon, Anarchy for humans now isn't possible but it's still a dream I'll follow all my life...

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

This is why we shouldn't, and can't have topics to do with the government or religion on the forum, everyone loses their minds and shouts their opinion as if it is fact.

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

Mmm Who lost their minds here??? I don't think any of us did... It's all civil and respectful no???

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

Yeah I'm not trying to have a negative thread. At the end of the day it's just a healthy and civil debate and opinions of all sorts are welcome.

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

Yeah and that's always interesting to see opinions of the others.

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

kXnPunk wrote:

I agree LoudLon, Anarchy for humans now isn't possible but it's still a dream I'll follow all my life...

Hm?  I didn't say anything LOL

But if I were to, I'd say you pretty much nailed it.  As '666 said, people are systematic by nature.  But they're not only systematic, they're group-minded.  If the government were to suddenly cease to exist, it wouldn't be long before the loss of organization would see everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off.  And since we're group-minded, the individual would quickly seek out others who share their behavior, groups would form, and in each group -- just like in the animal kingdom -- an Alpha would arise.  That Alpha would then dictate how the group behaves, until one of two possible outcomes occur:

1. The Alpha grows old and is no longer capable of leading the group, at which point he steps down and a new Alpha takes his place, or...

2. The group dissents and the Alpha is forced out, stripped of his authority, and a new Alpha takes over in his place.

I don't know about you, but that sounds a lot like government to me.

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

OH MWAHAHA I confused you with the cat dude. Must be because I only see a small part of the avatar and the colors look alike. Or maybe not hahaha
Sorry about that. Guess I didn't have enough coffee. lol

But a very interesting point of view you gave us and yes, it sounds a lot like a government.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-15 01:55:08)

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

Yeah, Tri's and Lon's avatars are very similar.http://www.subdude-site.com/WebPages_Local/RefInfo/Computer/WebDev/WebGraphics_Decopics/AniGIFs/LivingThings_orTheirToons_orParts/Ani_Animals/Ani_Monkeys/monkey_shakingHead_120x82_ani.gif



Anarchy at it's finest...

http://mobile.collectorsfrenzy.com/gallery/140714110029.jpg

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

^^^
Hahaha That's a good one. big_smile

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

People aways look to be led. Anarchy is an illusion that can never be. Even most animals dont act that way. I agree with what someone wrote about people who are into anarchy are grown people still looking to rebel..........or something along those lines. No system is perfect but it's better then people acting like children. Yup I said children because I find that most people that hate following rules only think about themselves. Why should I have to follow a rule cant I just do whatever I want. Sounds like what children want.


If people dont like how things are being done then go out and vote these mother f****rs out of office. And if the people you vote for dont change things then.vote them out of office.

Hahaha not going happen because people are lazy f***s.

Either way anarchy will never work because people need to be led. Once you're being led you're following some type of system.

Last edited by mike3881 (2013-08-16 00:31:58)

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

mike3881 wrote:

Anarchy is an illusion that can never be.

Been living it since I'm 15. So yeah it CAN be.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-16 01:27:05)

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

kXnPunk wrote:
mike3881 wrote:

Anarchy is an illusion that can never be.

Been living it since I'm 15. So yeah it CAN be.


No u haven't you've been living under someone's rule like everyone.

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

Yeah, mine. lol

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

kXnPunk wrote:

That's probably why I hate cops and the army that much.

I respect your right to hate cops and military.  I'm guessing there are others here that feel the same.  I just ask you to consider this: There are current and former members of law enforcement / military that are regulars  on this forum.  I am not asking you not to write about hating cops and military cuz of that.  Just want you to consider that you have gotten along just fine with current and former law enforcement / military members here on HM. 

No one at HM knows what I do for a job...I could be in law enforcement, and I got mad respect for you punk...and we get along just fine.  Heck...I'm one of the few that defends your right to call that great movie - The worst movie ever made.  smile

Ok...carry on.  smile

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

I don't want anyone to have any disputes against eachother so I feel I should take the blame for creating this thread. I don't want it to get out of hand so sorry if i stirred up anyones political beliefs because it wasn't my intention

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

Well, things seemed to have been really civil, so I wouldn't worry bout it tri.

I know that these things have a tendency to get out of hand...but seems we haven't even approached that area.

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

I say, let's just all be Libertines and call it a day.

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

^ Now you're talkin.

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

I can't quite believe that this topic has gone 24 posts without anyone remarking on the thread title so here's my answer...

"What's The Point Of Anarchy?"

There isn't a fucking point. That's what anarchy means.

How did the irony of this titular cowpat escape everyone cos as far as I can tell it doesn't even seem to be a clever play on words, just a massive mistake.

Last edited by Fulcento (2013-08-19 00:57:49)

Re: What's The Point Of Anarchy?

Ghostseeker wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

That's probably why I hate cops and the army that much.

I respect your right to hate cops and military.  I'm guessing there are others here that feel the same.  I just ask you to consider this: There are current and former members of law enforcement / military that are regulars  on this forum.  I am not asking you not to write about hating cops and military cuz of that.  Just want you to consider that you have gotten along just fine with current and former law enforcement / military members here on HM. 

No one at HM knows what I do for a job...I could be in law enforcement, and I got mad respect for you punk...and we get along just fine.  Heck...I'm one of the few that defends your right to call that great movie - The worst movie ever made.  smile

Ok...carry on.  smile

Hats off my man!!! big_smile

And of course I still respect everyone even cops and the army. I have a huge respect for anybody. Sometimes way too much but hey, that's how I am...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-19 01:52:19)