Topic: The Conjuring...

...didn't scare me at all.

Any idea why?

Re: The Conjuring...

I guess I have never been a ghost sort of person. I am really scared by vampires and zombies, when they're done well.

But ghosts, no.

Sorry to say this and I hope I won't upset many horror fans, but the Conjuring reminded me of that spoof movie trailer, Don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUa3ft2nhyA

Because it uses jump scares and doesn't actual try to scare you the 'proper' way I'd say. It's one of James Wan's habits that I am not a fan of.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Because it uses jump scares and doesn't actual try to scare you the 'proper' way I'd say. It's one of James Wan's habits that I am not a fan of.

Totally agreed. jump scares in horror annoys me more than shitty CGI. That should say a lot.

Well I'm a huge fan of Ghosts, I'm living with a bunch of them who visit me pretty often so yeah, how could I not like a movie based on them huh??? Ah well to each his own. You guys all love The Exorcist and I FREAKING HATE THAT CRAP so there... lol

Thanks for the replies.

I also didn't think the acting or story was that good. I've seen many low budget movies along the same lines and they were, frankly, better.

Also, the talking dolls, the dead children walking passed the door. Bodies being flung round the room are all horror cliches.

Well , it's probably the fact that it is based on "true events" that make it more scary for some.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/07/23/the- … conjuring/

I wanted to like it! But I didn't. I can't stand such over blown theatrics in haunting movies. And I think the Warrens are full of shit as they've been debunked many times, so that lowered my opinion as well.

I did at least get a little creeped out at one scene (when the mother fell into the basement and two of the daughters were having their own little adventure in their room) so I give it points for that.

I can't take the warrens seriously. I remember reading their book about some of their cases and there was one chapter where Lorraine talked about how she was communicating telepathically with bigfoot , that was just WTF.