Re: NFL 2013 thread.

Congrats to the Pack!

I am a browns fan and always have been. But, I don't know how much more I can take. Firing the head coach after 1 season is ridiculous. No qb, no rb, regressing defense that doesn't know how to tackle, Vince Lombardi couldn't win with this team. We have a lot of good young players but need some veteran influence. Is it any surprise we can't get an established coach like Lovie Smith or Jon Gruden to come here. Another first year coach, another new offense, another new defense, another blah blah blah. I can't wait for baseball to start. Whew, I feel a little bit better  smile

^ I feel for ya.  Lovie, would be a great fit if you could lure him. Offering him a 5 yr contract with COMPLETE control over the team would be a good start.  On the bright side: J. Gordon emerged as a Pro Bowl receiver.

I'm pretty excited for San Diego Chargers winning their final 4 games of the season and making the playoffs. It wasn't easy, nor pretty.  Beating Denver at Denver, and sweeping K.C this season keeps me optimistic that S.D. is good enough to go deep into the playoffs. For now it's one game at a time; on to Cincinnati we go.

^ I thought of you yesterday when the Chargers made it in.  Good luck.  smile

I'm so glad my Lions fired Jim Schwartz today.  Honestly, we need new owners and an entire new coaching staff.  However, it can be a huge step in the right direction if the powers in charge pull their head out of their ass and realize we have a team capable of going all the way with the right direction.

^^  I totally agree with everything you said.  You already have a top tier QB, and the (IMO) best WR in the NFL.  Given the right personnel coaching the team, and the addition of a few more good draft picks/ free agents.  Skies the limit...

Absolutely.  The same formula will work for any team, too.  Shit trickles down hill so we need to fix problems at the top whereas too often, people think changing coach is enough.  Gotta switch owners, all staff, all levels of coaches and eventually you have a well oiled machine with everyone on the same page...like the Miami Heat.  I'm not a personal fan of theirs, but two in a row is something right all around!

Underdog wrote:

^ I feel for ya.  Lovie, would be a great fit if you could lure him. Offering him a 5 yr contract with COMPLETE control over the team would be a good start.  On the bright side: J. Gordon emerged as a Pro Bowl receiver.

I'm pretty excited for San Diego Chargers winning their final 4 games of the season and making the playoffs. It wasn't easy, nor pretty.  Beating Denver at Denver, and sweeping K.C this season keeps me optimistic that S.D. is good enough to go deep into the playoffs. For now it's one game at a time; on to Cincinnati we go.

I think Lovie will get the Tampa Bay job

OldLaughingLady wrote:

Absolutely.  The same formula will work for any team, too.  Shit trickles down hill so we need to fix problems at the top whereas too often, people think changing coach is enough.  Gotta switch owners, all staff, all levels of coaches and eventually you have a well oiled machine with everyone on the same page...like the Miami Heat.  I'm not a personal fan of theirs, but two in a row is something right all around!

Just look at Pittsburgh. They have had 3 coaches since I was born in 72. Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin. The browns have had 4 in the past 6 years.

Last edited by Ash's missing hand (2013-12-31 06:39:40)

Wow it's looks like it's going to be the broncos vs the niners

Broncos vs Seahawks....crazy.  Sherman's reaction to Crabtree was epic.  Certainly ablaze on the internet now...almost to an annoying level, but seeing it live...that guy is f'n awesome.  Going to be a hella sweet Super Bowl...although mostly because Red Hot Chili Peppers!

Ash, it totally is all in the coaches hands.  We need someone who will sink their teeth into our team and not let go.  Never give up.

Screw these Broncos, they've taken down the Pats damnit...

#1 Offense vs #1 defense = hopefully a great match up.

Underdog, I agree.  Super Bowl going to be off the hook!

Anybody here wanna bet some toe-tags on the game? I like the Broncos to win.

No way I'd bet against Denver.

Seahawks and don't look back. Hawks play D and we know Manning is going to choke it away.

^  Care to make a friendly wager on the game? 500 Toe tags?

Are you ready for the Zombie Bowl??? big_smile

http://youtu.be/ca1WCdYwnNQ

Fallon's puppies chose the Broncos, Go Broncos GO!!! lol

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/01/31/jim … -seahawks/

Too sweet awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!