Topic: The Rising

OMG....this is by far the most greatest horror novel I have read in recent years....I'm not even finished with it, very close....but I seriously spent most of the day glued to the pages, completely involved in the story and the characters.  The book is written by Brian Keene, who is a very talented writer, he writes with a deep passion for horror, and those who have yet to read one of his books....well, you need to get on it.  "The Rising" is a zombie story, but I'll be the first to say, this is not your typical Night of the Living Dead zombies...these ones talk, shoot, drive, plan attacks....they come in all forms...Humans, fish, birds, dogs, cats.....and the violence and gore is an A+++.  A very saddening story with very likeable characters.  I highly recommend.

Re: The Rising

I'm reading it as we speak... Brian Keene is without a doubt, one of my favorite authors of all time.

ill have to go check it out. iv never heard of it, but it sounds good. and iv been wondering when someone would make movies/stories where the zombies could actually think rather than be mindless wandering eating machines.

^ That would be Keene's take on zombies.

This book has come up in a few threads around here, I for one have been recommending this book for months. I'm glad other are starting to pick up on it.

I was very saddened by it though, I really felt bad for everyone.

^ Try reading "City of the Dead".  The ending is just unbelievable.

I'm gonna pick that up tommorrow...I read The Rising in two days, I'm looking forward to reading that one.

Without a doubt one of the best horror novels I've read.

Brian Keene is totally awesome, so glad you read him and like him Deathbyhighkick!!
I just picked up GHOUL and The Conqueror Worms today and CANNOT wait for his new book to hit in August...Dead Sea.
http://www.briankeene.com/images/rising-wallpaper.jpg

Yeah, I have "Dead Sea" on pre-order.  Can't wait till' August.

What's that gonna be about?

Dead Sea:

With zombies taking over the cities, a group of humans escapes the carnage by taking a small Coast Guard ship out to sea, but there's no getting awayeven in the wide ocean.

Keene explains it as the more "traditional" zombie story.  The way they move and such.  If your a fan of that, like I am, then you will want to pick up "Dead Sea".  Hell, if your a fan of zombies then you will want to pick up "Dead Sea".

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2007-06-04 08:54:39)