Topic: Near Death Experience

I want to hear everyone's near death experience.

I have a few but I'll start off with this one. I was about six and my mom use to get seizures ( I said used because yes she's dead). Anyone who knows anything about seizures nows what it does to a person who has an episode. I was six and didn't know what to do so when I saw my uncle who lived closed to us I decided to go get him. Maybe I should of shouted  to get his attention before I crossed the street. Yup I got hit by a car. I got hit so hard it knocked my shoes off. Alot of people were crying including my uncle. Apparently I was out for two hours but I had no physical injuries woo hoo. Just thinking about all the times I put myself in danger sends shivers down my back.

By the way my mom set something up so I could go to the neighbors whenever she had seizures plus I learned the numbers to my uncles ans aunts. Eventually my uncle moved in with use his wife died while she was riding a horse. Bad hit to the head. Crazy my uncle died of a head injury later in life too. Fell from the second story in a apartment complex. By the way he was drunk.

Re: Near Death Experience

October 2010.  I got pneumonia.  Got some antibiotics for it, and 3 days later I'm in the ER literally turning blue and gasping like a fish out of water.  Later on Vamps told me they called for crash carts that were waiting outside my room.  Turns out I had a superbug that filled up one lung with fluid, pushing my blood oxygen level down to 50%.  For a comparison, doctors get concerned when your oxy level drops below 95%. 

They jammed 2 needles into my lung (while awake and only with a local!) and started draining it.  Took about 4 days, 6 liters of drained fluid, and 6 or 7 different antibiotics to kill the active infection.  Then they cut my lung open and scooped/scraped out the remaining gunk in my lung.

2 years ago, I thought it was a nice normal day on September until I started to feel a really bad pain in my testicle/groin area, I couldn't do anything about it, I tried peeing and showering but it wouldn't relieve the pain and I was on the floor aching and crying because the pain in my groin wouldn't go away. I couldn't sleep either so in the morning my Mother and I went to the ER and then the hospital to get scans and I found out I had to get my testicle removed. I thought I was going to die and I remember laying in the hospital bed and the doctors putting me to sleep to start the surgery. When I woke up I realised I got one testicle removed and when it got removed the pain was even worse. It felt weird, I knew my life wasn't going to be the same and it wasn't a pretty sight to see when the surgery was complete. It was a horrifying experience and I don't want anyone laughing or being negative about it because it truely was a horrifying day. But I'm healthy now, and that's all that matters.

About four years ago, I began to experience ''Brown outs''...Now, I don't want to blame drugs...but I was doing a lot of drugs...They lasted for about 6 months and I'd get them about once a month.

the last time it happened, it really affected me.  A Brown-out is kinda like a black out only you don't quite black out. just kinda collapse and stay paralized a while and then slowly, you recover.  So, this last time it happened, I remember laying on the floor of some dude's bathroom (you tend to head for a bathroom when you feel it coming on) and just feeling like my life was slipping away...and it was oddly soothing and I was cool with it.

When I came to, I was totally freaked out. I gradually gave up most drugs and never had another episode.  I guess that's the closest I felt to death.  I'm glad and Lucky that's all it was.

I've had a couple experiences where I've come close to being killed (combat, a couple bad car wrecks) but I've never experienced an actual "near death experience" -- the white lights you hear about, voices calling to you from beyond, etc.  While those experiences were happening, I don't remember doubting for even a split second that I was going to be perfectly fine once it was all over.  This includes being under fire, having dynamite go off near me, being jumped by a bunch of Hawaiians and stabbed in the back, and being in one wreck where the car flipped at about 60mph, and another car wreck where I saw the vehicle about to hit me coming directly at me.  I'm sure I said something like "Well, shit," or "Ah, fuck," but then I just dug in, waited for it to happen, then dusted myself off and went about my business. lol

And THAT is why his Handle is 100% Death Proof.

In all seriousness, because of all those things, I have a legitimate invincibility complex to beat the band.  It's not wise, but until something actually puts me down, I don't think it's going anywhere. lol

I had one about 8 years ago. Was working as a shipper in a factory, drive onto the back of a truck with my load and the driver decided it was time to go ...Crushed me against a dock as i was loading him

There was this other time I was visiting  my cousin and we were hanging  out at his frinds garage  drinking when these gangsters came up on us with guns (last time I go to the hood). They took our walets and cells. At the end they forced us to get on the ground face down. I had a gun put to the back of head. I wasn't  scare more pissed  that if I was going  to die it was like that. Be on the look out for part 2 of my story to see if I survive.lol Life is to short to be thinking  is this the end. Most of the time you don even realise I could of just died.

Last edited by mike3881 (2013-09-03 20:23:45)

The closest thing I have to a "near-death experience" is the time when I was hanging out on the playground with another kid named Tim, at age 9 or 10. Tim and I were playing a game called, "Rock Wars", in which two groups of kids would have a "war" over the limited quantity of large rocks to be found on the playground. Each group (or army) would try their best to stash their rocks in a secret hiding place (in bushes, behind a tree near the fence, buried under some wood chips, etc.). Spies would be sent out in attempt to get information as to their whereabouts, and "soldiers" would be sent out to sneak and steel. It was quite a lot of fun, I remember. Anyway, Tim was angry because I snuck into his group's rock stash and stole them all (there were like a dozen) and hid them in MY group's secret rock pile. So he knocked me down and wrapped his arm around my neck. He had me in a really tight choke hold for what felt like 15 minutes, but was probably only 7 or 8. I tried my best to break his grip, but to no avail. He was a strong little kid. After awhile, my arms went lip and I gave up trying to break free. Two little girls had stopped to watch. They didn't do anything except say, "Stop it! Stop doing that, Tim! You're gonna suffocate him!" I tried to yell for help, but wasn't able to get anything out except a squeak here and there. Finally, after several minutes of that, one of the girls left to go find the playground supervisor (though she clearly wasn't a very good one). Meanwhile, tears started falling down my cheeks (not due to being in pain really, but due to my half-lack of oxygen). Every once in awhile, the kid's grip would loosen and I'd get some air (thankfully). Eventually the supervisor lady made her way over and broke us up. Tim was sent inside to sit in the office. The next day, he was made to apologize to me by the fourth grade teacher. It basically went, "Hey Creech, I'm sorry I choked you the other day." "Ah, it's okay, Tim." The End.

Damn you, Tim. If you're reading this...damn you.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-09-03 21:35:56)

I have never been close to death but I have had a text book NDE. When I was young, maybe 13-14, before I had tried any drugs, my friends and I had heard about this thing where you do pushups, hold your breath, and someone pushes on your chest or something like that, it was all very technical. Anyways you fall unconscious for a few seconds, then snap out of it. We recorded it with a camcorder too. We all did it, but when it came my turn and I blacked out I fell completely limp, and being a tall guy my friends couldn't hold me, bumped my head on the banister (to which my friends laughed, caught on tape, can't blame'em it was pretty funny), and convulsed for like 2 seconds. The whole thing lasted maybe 5-10 seconds. But I woke up very confused and in those 10 seconds my whole life had flashed before my eyes, I could pin point some events and others seemed to just blur by, even things I didn't remember nor do now I saw. To this day it was one of the trippiest things I have experienced, I don't recommend it though, it probably kills tons of brain cells.

Last edited by Theli (2013-09-03 21:51:18)

^^^
We used to do that while blasting w33d... NOT reccomended I know but H3LL it got you stoned like mad. lol

Having tried SEVERAL times to commit suicide I can definitely say I've been Near Death a lot but as to the lights and that shit, just once. But I didn't go up like they say, I went down. Of course, I'm Evil so. Hahaha
Was very much like the astral trips I was doing back then. The doc said I've been out for like 20 minutes when I got back. I'm sooo glad I failed miserably in all my attemps. I would've missed a whole bunch of great Horror movies. lol

True. I'm glad you never succeeded in your attempts at suicide. Life's already short enough. I think my experience in some way suggests the non-spiritual affect of NDEs. The feeling of life flashing before my eyes was not caused by anything spiritual, just lack of oxygen to my brain.

^^^
Yeah not only short but also extremely freaking cool. smile

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Yeah not only short but also extremely freaking cool. smile

Most of the time, yep!

I'm grateful for the good and bad. The bad has shaped who I am. We're here we might as well have a good time.

Number 3 I went to the movies with my much older cousin..............super bad idea. We went to the movies his friend worked at one so we got in free, innocent right. The movies were good Face Off, Spawn, and The Fifth Element. We even got to play arcades for free. Then we went home. On the way home my cousin was drunk as f*ck. We had to cross this train tracks and those train gaurds were down and my cousin was planning on going around the gaurds. He was to drunk to see we would of gotten hit by the train had he done that. I tried to stop him from going through thank god his car turned off.

How this idiot hasn't killed himself or anyone else is beyond me.

That's stupid.