Topic: games to movies

we've entered this new age where movie makes have completely run out of ideas that they have to tak their ideas from video games. ex: Resident Evil, Bloodreign, etc.
does anyone think there are any games that might actually be able to be made into a really good movie?

Re: games to movies

I'm not a big fan of "games to movies", because, so far, they've turned out like crap (i.e. Bloodrayne, Silent Hill, Resident Evil).

There has been a couple of good "games to movies" like resident evil but most of the others just crashed in my opinion.

i have a good idea for a movie based on the game manhunt i feel this can make a good movie i was gonna start writing one but i never started. Also Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter would make a great movie cuz America is fighting Mexico it is a very good game and could b made into a good movie tooo

Well so far out of all the game to movie that has come out over the years, there is one and only one that stayed truth not only to the game but also to characters and storyline. That movie is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. From start to finish, was right on the money that was based on the actual game. And not only did stay truth to the game but also it is by far the best looking one out there. Screw all the other games to movies that had come out. This is the only one that matters.

ok, but are there any game that might be able to be made into a good movie?

Hey what about Dead Rising. That would be pretty cool to be seen as a movie. I know it's an old game but i always wanted to see Twisted Metal be made into a movie. But i'm still saying they should of made a Resident Evil movie based on Resident Evil 4. Now right there i can definitely see as a movie.

Lost Planet could be a huge summer blockbuster, Condemned: Criminal Origins could be a cool flick if they were to do it all 1st person like the episode of TFTC where the main character was Humphrey Bogart. I would love to see a Darkwatch film or a film for Psi/ops.

i kinda think that devil may cry could make a pretty good movie. its not like non-stop action in the games, so they could make down parts in a movie. they could be really creative with it.

i was gonna say dead raising but i heard their alreayd makign that movie

I don't remember them saying about that movie. Now that movie will be awesome as hell as a movie if done right.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I'm not a big fan of "games to movies", because, so far, they've turned out like crap (i.e. Bloodrayne, Silent Hill, Resident Evil).

I agree with you. Most games to movies are really bad. I just watched silent hill and I just was not impressed by it at all. The best one so far has been Resident Evil #1 IMO. #2 was just fun to watch, but the story was weak. Most games to movies and even horror comic books to movies just don't work.

I think the Secret of Monkey Island would make a hilarious movie.

hey guys,

check out the script reviews for Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell - both sound very good.

http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=63 - PoP

http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=2     SC

I'd like to see Gears of War made into a flick, that'd be sweet...

Gears of War is being developed as we speak.  My son is a total fanatic and he was totally ecstatic when he found out in a gamer mag that it was in the pipeline.

"Gears of War" is an amazing game (online play, that is), and I hope the movie is just the same.