Re: NHL 2013-2014 season

Ghostseeker wrote:

Interesting that The Hawks can't seem to beat The Blues this year, like they couldn't beat The Ducks last year.  Of course, The Ducks didn't really matter come playoffs though when it came to The Hawks.

Olympics Hockey this year.  Should be plenty of Hawks on the different teams.  I'm sure there will be a lot of trash talk from my Canadian friends.

Yes that's strange. Guess Toews and the team choose one every year to loose against. lol

But trash talk none from me. Aside damn fucking american bastards and the like that is. HAHAHAHA

But I really look forward to it, hopefully there won't be much Crapnadians in the team though.

Another win for THE DEVILS, woohoo!!! big_smile

And yes KillerClown, very cool. I dig the Canucks. Great team through history they've been. smile

kXnPunk wrote:

I dig the Canucks. Great team through history they've been. smile

I dislike the Canucks, but I was rooting for them in 93 against the Rangers.  Pavel Bure.  7 game series.  I still remember one of those games in the finals (yes finals not final...hahaha people get mad about that), Canucks were up 3 nothing.  Rangers came back and scored 3 unanswered.  Then Canucks scored 3 straight to win 6 -3.

As long as we're going down memory lane, that was also the same year the Devils forced a seventh game in the Eastern finals.  Brodeur's rookie year.  Devils scored with 8.5 seconds left (if I remember right) in game 7 to tie it up and send it to overtime (don't remember who scored that goal).  Matteau scored in ot to win it for Rangers.

Punk I know you're a Devils fan so that memory probably sucks.  I was rooting for the Devils big time at that point too.  That's why I wanted Canucks to beat Rangers.

Messier's guarantee of a win that year too.

Man, that is one of the most vivid playoffs for me.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-12-30 11:53:15)

Canucks haven't been worth a damn for a long time.  They had a few decent years, like when they went all the way with Boston in 2011....but that's it. 

I'm surprised Boston beat the Senators 5-0 the other day; but Sens answered back the next night winning.  I hope the Wings can do well against Nashville tonight as it will be the final game before the Winter Classic in two days! So excited for that!  Two alumni games tomorrow!!  Most exciting two days for a Detroit hockey fan are tomorrow and wednesday!

Yeah Ghotseeker, a sad memory but seeing Brodeur for the first time in the NHL was still a very nice one. Been rooting for this dude when he was in Junior Major here so...

But yes OldLaughingLady, like a lot of teams, my Devils included. They been sucking for way too long so every win this year slowly changes that thought... smile

And damn man enjoy the good ol' Classics. Yay Motor City baby!!! lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-12-30 19:37:36)

kXnPunk wrote:

Yeah \ like a lot of teams, my Devils included. They been sucking for way too long so every win this year slowly changes that thought.

Yeah right!  The devils been bad for a couple years.  Try being a Hawk fan...right now its easy, but it was decades (with the exception of a couple years here and there) of horrible hockey.  Horrible coaches.  A player would come in, if they were good they'd be gone.

Of course there was the Roenick, Amonte, Chelios, Suter and Belfour years, but that was the exception.

I would guess the Devils would get back to glory sooner than later.

True about the Hawks they're just starting to get back strong... Watchout in a few years. lol

But whatever happens to my Demonic Devils, I'll still like 'em anyways. Hey they're MY TEAM so to H3LL with it [pun intented]. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-12-31 00:07:27)

You remind me of the guy from Seinfeld that would be all decked out in his Devil's gear and then happen to run into priest, who would then think its a sign of the apocalypse.  big_smile

^^^
Mwahahaha Damn yes. lol

Wow your Devils took out the Penguins!

^^^
Sir yes sir!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! big_smile

I live in the city next to the Winter Classic and it's snowing like crazy right now.  I have just over 4 inches of snow outside my door...with wind and what not it's single digits.  Crazy! Going to be a fun Winter Classic.  Puck about to drop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The US Olympic roster looks AWESOME!  Getting excited.

In addition a bunch from Wisconsin on the roster...two of those from Madison which is close to my hometown.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2014-01-01 18:31:11)

Damn man, Leafs have beaten the Wings in their own freaking ice... Sucks for you Matt. sad

It actually doesn't suck at all.  Wings got a point and it was one of the best games I

Oh yeah another positive thinker like I am. Cool to see I'm not the only one. lol

Well, the Hawks and Devils played.  Sharp with a hat, and the Hawks had a 5-3 win.  Punk, I know your team lost, but it was a good game.  I gotta think this is close to the end for Brodeur.  I love that guy.

All the games are awesome this year (3 days in).  Between all the stadium series and Olympics, such a great time to be a hockey fan! Wings play their first game later tonight since the hard loss at the Classic.

Yeah Ghostseeker, he hasn't play much recently and it bugs me out... But hey, I've never been a coach so I respect the decisions they make anyhow.

But yes OldLaughingMattLady, so true, this will be quite a year for the crazy Hockey fans that we are. And I just got new channels on that VOD thingy now with Bell and they have lotsa new shit I didn't have before. Woo wee!!! big_smile

More channels equals more fun!!!

^^^
ABSOROCKINGLUTELY my man, definitely.

Good game last night between my 2 best teams and Devils against Sabres at 7 later cool, EXTREMELY COOL!!! big_smile

I've been slacking on watching hockey since the Winter Classic.  Some good games this weekend but I had a falling out with some close friends thus losing my focus on things I love...like hockey.  I'll be back!

Finland won the World Junior thing against Sweden???
WHAT THE H3LL??? Damn I just can't believe this. This is extremely weird that a country that small make it to the top like they did. Well still a damn good job, it was quite a match. smile

Finland has been exceptional this year and the past few times I've seen them play.  Small, yes, but what they do with it, lol.....

Yeah, IT'S NOT THE SIZE THAT COUNTS they say. Mwahahaha lol

My Devils lost against the Flyers which isn't surprising, they have a hard time with rough brutal teams... Ah well, at least they had a few wins these last days... smile

Here's the Canada Olympic team that was just revealed now. Great dudes really. Aside the Crapnadians players that I'd take the H3LL out. big_smile

Goalies

Roberto Luongo, Vancouver Canucks
Carey Price,  Montreal Canadiens
Mike Smith, Phoenix Coyotes

Defencemen

Jay Bouwmeester, St. Louis Blues
Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings
Dan Hamhuis, Vancouver Canucks
Duncan Keith, Chicago Blackhawks
Alex Pietrangelo, St. Louis Blues
P.K. Subban, Montreal Canadiens
Marc-Edouard Vlasic, San Jose Sharks
Shea Weber, Nashville Predators

Forwards

Jamie Benn, Dallas Stars
Patrice Bergeron, Boston Bruins
Jeff Carter, Los Angeles Kings
Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
Matt Duchene, Colorado Avalanche
Ryan Getzlaf, Anaheim Ducks
Chris Kunitz, Pittsburgh Penguins
Patrick Marleau, San Jose Sharks
Rick Nash, New York Rangers
Corey Perry, Anaheim Ducks
Patrick Sharp, Chicago Blackhawks
Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning
John Tavares, New York Islanders
Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks

But man, WTF??? Price and no Brodeur??? ARE THEY INSANE???
At least Luongo is there damn them... roll

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-08 09:56:55)