Re: Halloween challenge

Oh, I've already watched every episode.  Just finished up a couple weeks ago.  Now I'm going back and re-watching the odd episode here and there. lol

Day 7: Burial of the Rats; This was a made for TV movie produced by our man Roger Corman, it is a fictious account of Bram Stoker's influence for Dracula. The plot is interesting enough and the scantily clad women kept my attention throughout. The premise is somewhat feministic, but the execution just feels like it was using the feminist theme to get away with some women in chains footage. Some really bad acting and scripting aside it was a fun movie.

Just putting on the Collection now.

LoudLon wrote:

Oh, I've already watched every episode.  Just finished up a couple weeks ago.  Now I'm going back and re-watching the odd episode here and there. lol

Sweet. I DIG that show so much, always did, always will. Season 7 soon but it's the last one. Damn you HBO bastards. Never understood how a show with a massive fan base like this gets taken off the air. They need a better brain, one not based on money really... sad

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-10-08 23:49:22)

I can't believe how they've killed True Blood after only 7 seasons.  Supernatural is on season 9!

Yeah, sucks. Pun intended...

Day 8: The Collection; I liked this movie more than I had expected. I wasn't a big fan of the Collector but the intro scene looked badass so I figured I would give it a shot. The collector's lair is the main focus of this film and it's really quite the set for a horror movie. Lots of blood splattered walls, body parts, darkly lit rooms and prominent colouring. Lots of gory kills, but it's less of a harrowing watch as the Collector.

^^^
I LOOOVE The Collector so I guess I should give this one a watch. smile

Day 9: Ginger Snaps; It has been a long time since I had last watched this film. This first time I watched it I don't remember enjoying it much. THis time I found quite enjoyable. The effects and the transformation are top notch. The characters and their development is fantastic too. Overall a very touching story. I also liked the responsible drug dealer, not something you see every day.

^^^
Ahhh LOVELY Katharine can freaking act.
Proud to be from the same country really. big_smile

October 9th and 10th (Days 9 and 10) -- 6 episodes of True Blood

October 11th (Day 11) - I Know What You Did Last Summer

^^^
Always enjoyed that series, this one is my favorite. smile

Day 10: VHS 2; I liked the first VHS, and I liked this onbe too. This was one of the more consistent anthology flicks I have watched. All of the shorts were worth seeing. Some very strange but original shorts. Can't wait for a third.

Day 11: Deadly Blessing; This was a pretty good movie that took a little while to get rolling. It didn't feel like your standard Wes Craven affair, yet there is enough oddity in this movie to let you know. Sharon Stone is ridiculously hot in this movie. There's some beautiful shots of rolling green pastures that stood out in my mind. Not a very scary movie in anyway. Pretty interesting ending. Overall I liked it.

Last edited by Theli (2013-10-11 07:37:29)

Day 12: Mama; While watching the film I didn't feel satisfied, it felt like something was missing. What was missing was the horror. It's mostly a family study, especially on the role of the mother (obviously). The horror in it is mostly jump scares and a ghost floating around in the background. What it is, is a basic ghost story. It's really not too different from many of your Victorian ghost stories, or stuff from M.R. James. By the end of the film I had kind of accepted what the film was, and really liked it. It has a beautiful ending that makes for any shortcomings involving the story.

Ahhh man, Deadly Blessing to me is a great classic. Just like Horror Hotel and Nosferatu.

And Mama, what impressed me was the beauty of the shots. Wonderful.

I forgot what day I am

I saw Seven  Below  few days ago, I didn't not like at all

Yesterday I saw Cherry tree lane-  Badly acted and cheaper version of Funny games

October 12th (Day 12) - A Nightmare on Elm Street

Getting ready to watch Battle of the Damned

HINT HINT HINT-

I'm working on the HFEST '13 movie list.

I'm asking anyone who has ANY INTEREST AT ALL to show up on Skype on Sunday, October 13th, 2013, at about 5-to-9PM US Eastern time.  Tomorrow morning I will set up a new convo.

If you're not on Skype, you can't participate during HFest, so PM me to figure it out.

A week from today I'll have all the time in the world, buddy.  We'll turn this mother out yet. smile

azathoth wrote:

HINT HINT HINT-

I'm working on the HFEST '13 movie list.

I'm asking anyone who has ANY INTEREST AT ALL to show up on Skype on Sunday, October 13th, 2013, at about 5-to-9PM US Eastern time.  Tomorrow morning I will set up a new convo.

If you're not on Skype, you can't participate during HFest, so PM me to figure it out.

I should be back from work then. I'll join in if able.

Day 12: Carrie (1976); It had been a long while since I hadf last seen this movie. It has a really slow build up and some interesting camera work. When the fireworks start happening the split screen fx really add to the chaotic feeling. The finale in this movie, like in the book, is amazing. As good as I remember it.

October 13th (Day 13) - Body Parts (1991)

For those of you who haven't seen "Battle of the Damned", I really enjoyed it.  I'm having trouble believing it myself but a solid 7/10

you are not a possum
i shall feed

Totally possum

Playing possum
is for the weak 
and lame of spirit
play time is over

SOULDOOM