Topic: The first inaugural HorrorMovies.CA draft. 2013 Sign up thread.

Yeah so here's how it goes... This is the sign-up thread, if you want to play this tourney then alls you have to do is enter your name in this thread. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. In due time the draft proper will begin, I'm thinking in about a fortnight to give ample time for conscripts. The rules are exceedingly easy. All you have to do is draft 1 horror film at a time in order. I'll run it and your friend and mine LoudLon has kindly offered to mod it. It's all a bit confusing so the best thing to do is simply sign up on this thread, then I'll start an official drafting thread and trust me, everything will become apparent in a few days time.

Re: The first inaugural HorrorMovies.CA draft. 2013 Sign up thread.

We really wanna see those drafters...

I have no idea what is going on. But I'll sign my name anyways.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow

(I guess that is all it takes, let me know if I did something wrong)

You're in Scav!

I'm in.

Oh what am I signing up for now... roll

But yes. lol

What country are we going up against count me in for the draft. I have some time to kill.

I'm in...sounds interesting.

Count me in, Fulcento!

Nice turnout. I know this site suffers from a traffic problem these days but two hours have passed and we already have half a dozen participants so good on yerz. Like I say, I'm more than happy to run it but I'll need Lon to mod it cos he has the mega modz powerz to edit our posts. It's slightly complicated and the best way I can describe it is that it's like fantasy football but with horror films. I reckon 13 films per person is a fitting number but I'm open to suggestions This is a democratic game afterall so any and all proposals are welcome. I've ran a few of these drafts on other forums and they're always lots of fun so remember dudes, this is merely the draft sign up thread - if you want in then leave your name here and I'll include you in the real draft.

If it's all the same with Lon then a 'Draft discussion thread', which runs concurrently with the draft is a nifty outlet for us all to yell at each other so I'll be starting that too soon.

Players so far:

Fulcento
Loudlon
Scavenger
Punk
Mike
Ghost
The Creature
Theli
Azathoth
floridapossum

Keep signing up guys and gals...

Last edited by Fulcento (2013-09-27 19:45:13)

Traffic problem indeed. A LOT OF TIME I'm all alone in here. Guess I'm the onlly one crazy enough to spend that much time here. MWAHAHAHA

But that's a cool idea to get more people back home.

But explain it to a guy that doesn't know shit about Fantasy Football. Which I am.
The only Fantasy I know of is the Final one... lol

Drafts??? Hmmm not too sure about all this but I'll figure it out fast enough for sure. Or else. Hahaha

kXnPunk wrote:

But explain it to a guy that doesn't know shit about Fantasy Football. Which I am.
The only Fantasy I know of is the Final one... lol

Drafts??? Hmmm not too sure about all this but I'll figure it out fast enough for sure. Or else. Hahaha

We're pretty much in the same boat, Punk. I understand the basic concept of Fantasy Football, but  have never played due to my general disinterest in the sport. Seeing how this game works will be interesting however. Looking forward to seeing what Fulcento has in mind!

To the Creature & Punk - once the draft begins you'll soon get the gist and I'll post the rules and reg's at the top of the draft but in the meantime here's how it works.

Let's say Creature, Punk and I are the only players here..

I'll set up up a template that will look something like this:

Punk:
1. The Exorcist

Fulcento
1. Black Christmas

Creature:
1. Dawn of the Dead.

We choose one film at a time beause that way it diminishes the more vanilla picks and we can be filled with murderous rage whenever someone picks a film that we had shortlisted. This is why I need a global mod to run this thing cos Lon will need to edit all our lists as and when we draft our films. I'm sure he's getting a migraine just reading this but this is what we pay you the big bucks for Lon. It's about time you worked for your mod abilities! lol

As I say though, I'll start the draft in a week or two and include the rules in the thread,. For now - we really wanna see those fingers!

Sounds fun cant wait for it to begin.

You did it on purpose to stuck this one there in my list no??? Yeah I'm sure you did. Damn you.

But what when we have that first one and how does anyone sticks his next one, what do they have to do??? Same kinda story, same actors, same directors or just anything that that pops in your head???

I'm pretty lost in here but like I said, whatever, I'll figure it out when it starts.

I'm a TOTAL noob and this Fantasy stuff... lol

Fulcento wrote:

Punk:
1. The Exorcist

Ahahhahahahaahah!  I knew you would finally admit you were joking and secretly love this film!  big_smile

Mwahaha He got me like mad with this one serious... lol

^ Dam you for stealing it...that woulda been my first pick!  smile

Fulc, I'm anxious to get this going!  Great idea and thanks for coming up with it.  I need something like this right now.  I'm curious, and I know the explanation is coming so I'll patiently wait, how movies win.  I assume after everyone's roster is full, the movies will battle it out?  I gotta assume its a vote?  I also assume we need to be able to do the draft at the same time...so we all need to be available when it happens?  Otherwise I don't know how we'd get through a roster without each of us picking the same movies repeatedly?  I'm sure you have a plan, but I'm getting excited.

Lon - Thanks in advance for all your work on this!

Heheh. Mothing has been stolen yet Ghostey! This'll be a joint effort between Lon and I. I'm more than happy to run the thing but Lon will have his work cut out as he alone shall be responsible for editing the lists on a daily basis. I'll set up the templates in a seperate thread in a week or two. I'll also start a draft discussion thread where we can all scream obscenities at one another for drafting films we had on our horizon. Trust me mate, these drafts can get rather heated and it's not uncommon to suffer casualties and bannings. I love draft season!!!

And yeah Ghostey - once all our picks are done and dusted it comes down to voting time. I'll start a new thread for each 1 on 1 match (chosen completely radomly) until we have a winner.

This takes so much explaining that best just sign up folks and it'll all become clear nearer the time.

Ghostseeker, I didn't take THAT one, Fulcento did... Just an example he gave us.

Hey of course, EVIL DEAD is mine, not that mmmh well that whatever one. lol

Count me in!

Fulci-
If you want to do this in real time, I can set up a Skype convo for it.

And the monkey is in.  I think I'll take The Nostril Picker in the first round.  Oh yeah.  big_smile

kXnPunk wrote:

Ghostseeker, I didn't take THAT one, Fulcento did... Just an example he gave us.

Yeah...I was just being facetious and apparently not very funny.  smile

I cant Skype I'm using my phone. A low quality phone at that.lol

Last edited by mike3881 (2013-09-27 16:00:03)