Topic: Wolf Creek 2 (2013)

How come it has a ranking on the IMDb when it's supposedly not released yet.

Must have been released some place other than Australia. Unless that ranking is derived from critic reviews.

Anyone know. Thanks. smile

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2004432/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Re: Wolf Creek 2 (2013)

It was reviewed at the Venice Film Festival on August 30th.

Variety review

Hollywood Reporter review

smile

LoudLon wrote:

It was reviewed at the Venice Film Festival on August 30th.

Variety review

Hollywood Reporter review

smile

Thanks.

I wonder why the six month wait in Aus.  More to the point, when can I see it??

Plan to watch this today! I'll report back on it...

How was it ChainSaw?

It was pretty good. The first half or so was great. The last half got a bit tedious but overall it wasnt bad. I just woulda liked to have seen them continue the film as it started off. Kinda switches gears half way through and drug on just a bit to long. And I didnt quite get the ending...

I initially gave it a 6/10...that may have been a bit harsh. I'd maybe give it a 7/10

Oh gotta watch it!!

http://viooz.be/movies/Wolf_Creek_2__2013-12070.html

It's listed as a 2013 film on IMDb so I suppose it was first released Down Under I guess.

Anyway I saw it today in Sterling Hts. MI and it was pretty damn good; better than the original
IMO. Jack Jarratt (as Mick Taylor) lets his "free-range-crazy psycho" self indulge himself a bit
more in this one. More kills and a long game of cat-and-mouse with an intended victim result.
More violent than the first movie, with a bizarre sequence at the end that is part black
comedy and part madness. Several tribute scenes referencing other horror films too.

I'm hoping there's a third one. cool

I'd rate it 8/10. Definitely worth a look.

Last edited by cybergod (2014-05-21 14:07:19)

^^^
First wH3LLcome to the MADhouse.

Second damn right Mick was so freaking more insane in this one. He's got great lines and boy his kills were SICK!!! Yeah hopefully they'll cook us another one. Very fun series. big_smile

It has a much different vibe than the first one - the original was much more somber and mean spirited, the sequel is more played for laughs. They are both pretty good in different ways.

John Jarratt does a good job in both. The scene with the Roos is pretty surreal.

I watched it with a lot of apprehension because I really enjoyed the first one a lot and didn't want it to be where I loved the first film and was underwhelmed by the sequel like with The Descent, so I almost didn't watch it. Boy am I glad I did. It was definitely enjoyable and stacks up with the first one even though it does have a different feel to it. I am so glad my visit to Australia went nothing like that lmao

The kangaroo scene broke my heart....:'( Sweet movie regardless!

^^^
I cried like a baby... big_smile