Re: The Walking Dead, Season 4

Ghostseeker wrote:

Ok...just saw it!

Can you believe they killed off Rick so early!!?!?!?!? 

*** JUST KIDDING *** big_smile

Sorry, I had to do that.  My thoughts below (left click and drag to read):

What was up with the scene at the end?  How did the kid turn to Zombie.  I think Carl killed him, and then he turned cuz he died (like they discovered happens).  My wife thinks he was just sick.  What happened? 

Also, why couldn't they get that shelf off the dude...seriously?  All of them couldn't lift it off him?  Plus, why the hell did it fall anyway? 

So, other than that, thought it was an ok episode.  A couple surprises.  It typically amps up later in the season. 

I haven't heard, are the breaking up the season again?

Left click and drag to read:

Ooh, I feel like all we non-spoilers who know the color text code are all in a secret club-house. big_smile

As for how the kid turned into a Walker, we were definitely left with the cause of this up for questioning. I thought that he had just gotten bitten at some point a few days earlier and had slowly turned from there. If this is the case, then his wound would obviously have to be located on a part of his body that is normally concealed by clothing, and he would have had to probably dress the wound by himself. What actually happened should (hopefully) be revealed in the next episode or two.

I also thought the falling shelf scene was a bit difficult to believe. I didn't give it much thought though, because I thought the majority of the episode was pretty awesome by itself.

Creech:

Yes, I feel like we are spies with our own language no one knows, and we need to get our secret decoder ring to decypher our posts!  big_smile 

Ok, I get what you're saying about that kid turning.  Why was Carl so weird though right before that?  Spying on them and getting all pissed off?  That's what made me think Carl may have killed him, but then yeah, he turned kinda quick for that. 

Ghostseeker wrote:

Creech:

Yes, I feel like we are spies with our own language no one knows, and we need to get our secret decoder ring to decypher our posts!  big_smile 

Ok, I get what you're saying about that kid turning.  Why was Carl so weird though right before that?  Spying on them and getting all pissed off?  That's what made me think Carl may have killed him, but then yeah, he turned kinda quick for that. 

Good question. It did appear as if he was kinda sneaking up and spying on them. I think his being pissed off was more on the account of objecting to Carol teaching the kids about using the knives, though. This might be because he thought it better to just let the kids be kids, so that they'd not have to go down the same path that he's had to traverse. But maybe I'm just over-analyzing it. tongue

The forthcoming episode should shed some light as to what's going on, at least.

Drag. Click. Errr, Click, drag.

Yeah secret spies society indeed. But as for Walking Dead, I don't ask myself any questions at all. I just surf on the show's wave. I find it better as I'm not doubting anything.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-10-16 00:24:12)

Regarding Ghostie's question...

SPOILER:

I don't think the boy was bit.  I think he was carrying some kind of new virus or disease.  All the walkers out there in the world, their re-animated bodies carrying God knows what kind of diseases, I'm thinking some new strain of flu or something has developed.  If you look at the kid's eyes in the final scene, they resembles the eyes of the walker it showed Rick watching a couple times.  I'm thinking that walker died of the same disease that killed the boy, as well as the pig that died in the pen.

END SPOILER

My thoughts, anyway.

Wait, another show that I've missed the start of?!?!
Jeez, what the hell is up with me?
And the CW (Supernatural) doesn't do OnDemand, so I gotta go find it elsewhere.

Ugh.  I'm blaming the pterodactyl penis.

http://www.totallythebestthingever.com/upload/adamevepterosaur.jpg

Creech and Lon - I think you were both right in your last post.  That makes total sense.

LoudLon wrote:

Regarding Ghostie's question...

SPOILER:

I don't think the boy was bit.  I think he was carrying some kind of new virus or disease.  All the walkers out there in the world, their re-animated bodies carrying God knows what kind of diseases, I'm thinking some new strain of flu or something has developed.  If you look at the kid's eyes in the final scene, they resembles the eyes of the walker it showed Rick watching a couple times.  I'm thinking that walker died of the same disease that killed the boy, as well as the pig that died in the pen.

END SPOILER

My thoughts, anyway.

Ooooh. I never thought of it that way. Those are some very good connections, Lon.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Theli - You seem to feel the same vibe I do...just kinda...blah, its back?  Oh great...blah.  Then you bring up an interesting point with Breaking Bad and Dexter, and I had been wondering that exact thing.  I am an example...I am looking forward to Walking Dead, but still in a hangover from Breaking Bad, so its difficult for me to feel too much this soon.  So, wonder if others feel that way?

I was in no rush last year either. I have no cable at my apartment, so I only watch them at my Mom's place. I also hate watching them one episode per week. And like most movies I don't feel the rush to see them in theatres, just so long as I get to see it. Haven't watched Breaking Bad at all, and haven't been watching Dexter since season 4, though I may catch up at some point. I am actually most looking forward to catching up with American Horror Story I bought the first season on DVD blind and I got really addicted.

Well, that confirmed my suspicion.

SPOILER

Those poor piglets! And the gate scene! It was a good idea to throw the pigs, however sad it was to watch sad  I'm pretty sure the little girl, Lizzie, whose dad just died, is the one feeding the walkers. Could be wrong, but that's how I read the scene at the fence when she said "They killed Nick".

But I wonder who killed Karen and the other guy at the end? Burning them...

Good episode. Can't wait til next week.

Last edited by Haunted_October (2013-10-20 21:18:23)

^ Yep, who killed those two?  Guess we'll find out.  The pig scene bothered me too.  Also, Haunted October, I heard the girl say that about Nick too, but I'm missing why that makes you think she was feeding Walkers? I didn't understand that part.  cool - I want a random smiley in the middle of my invisible post. 

SPOILER

Ha!  I called it -- some new, mutant strain of flu, bitches!  Sad scene with the pigs but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. 

Incidentally, I think it's The Governor leaving the rats to attract the walkers to the fence, but that's just me.  He's still out there somewhere, y'know, and it would be a clever touch to have Michonne always going out to look for him, only for him to be hiding somewhere nearby.

END SPOILER

Good episode.

Spoiler:

It would make more sense if the person feeding the walkers was an adult. Not sure about the Gov but it just seemed like Lizzie was more upset about it. Now, I think it would be interesting if the Governer killed Karen and the other sick guy (David, I think Karen said in this ep).

END SPOILER

Can't wait for next Sunday.

LoudLon wrote:

SPOILER

Ha!  I called it -- some new, mutant strain of flu, bitches!  Sad scene with the pigs but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. 

Incidentally, I think it's The Governor leaving the rats to attract the walkers to the fence, but that's just me.  He's still out there somewhere, y'know, and it would be a clever touch to have Michonne always going out to look for him, only for him to be hiding somewhere nearby.

END SPOILER

Good episode.

As soon as that was revealed in the episode, I knew you'd be on here bragging about how you called it. :LOL: That's perfectly fine though - you've earned your bragging rights, Sir.

Solid episode...every time they end I'm left with the feeling of wanting to see more...very much looking forward to Episode Three, "Isolation".

Last edited by The Creature (2013-10-21 19:15:46)

Does anyone know if they are doing a 16 episode season, split up again?  Or something else?

Yep.  If there's one thing you can count on when it comes to AMC, it's the mid-season break.  But with The Walking Dead, at least the break is only a couple months; this last season of Breaking Bad, the break began last September and the second half didn't start until eleven months later.  Now THAT was friggin' torture, man...

Um..

SPOILER:

I don't believe you, Carol! And that was a pretty damn good fight scene with the walkers- go Tyreese! I wonder if they'll touch on the radio transmission they were hearing in the car before they ran into those walkers...

END SPOILER

Well, well, well...

SPOILER:

Y'know, for the longest time I've been thinking it's time for Carol to go.  She's dead weight, not really contributing anything to the group as a whole, not all that interesting a character.  Finally, this season starts off with her pulling her weight a little more but this?  Now we're talking.  Carol, taking initiative for the good of the group.  Rick is definitely in a pickle with this little development.  And yeah, how bad-ass was Tyreese to fight himself clear of a horde of a butt-zillion walkers?  Talk about Hammer Time...!

END SPOILER

@Lon

ROFLMAO

Wowzers!  Interesting development!

SPOILER ALERT (left click and drag below to read):

If Carol killed those two while they were still alive I hope she doesnt go unpunished. It's worse then anything Shane ever did.

END SPOILER

AMC renewed The Walking Dead for Season 5!

Well...that was an interesting development.

SPOILER:

Didn't think that Rick would tell Carol to leave. I see his understanding, and I can see how part of him was probably protecting her a bit as well as feeling a bit betrayed that Carol made the decision by herself and didn't discuss it. Which was a HUGE deal ever since Rick took away the Ricktatorship.  Daryl's gonna be pissed.

END SPOILER:

Not sure tonight's ep really moved the story along, but it showed a lot of insight into the characters mindsets, especially Rick and Carol.

Mwahahaha lol

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/01/b7/2a/01b72a462efb7eb38d600b319948ecfd.jpg

^ Like