Topic: Five flops?

Read this interesting article and see if you agree.
http://social.entertainment.msn.com/mov … at-flopped

Re: Five flops?

Ah come on now. These guys need glasses and another brain.
I TOTALLY DISAGREE. Should've known, articles like this always piss me off. roll

He's not saying those film suck he's saying they didn't sell well. Some I wasn't a fan of, some I liked. Too bad to hear about New Nightmare, I loved that movie. I was one of those few whom went to see the Mist in theatres too.

No. 2 is "Event Horizon." You won’t find me calling this a great movie

Fuck him because it's one of the best EVER MADE.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-10-17 19:17:48)

I suppose this begs the question is box office receipts the best way to gauge a movie hit or flop?

Definitely.
We might want it or not but movies are a money grubbing business...

The mist was fantastic although i hated that pretty depressing ending. Should have left it ambiguous like the novella. Surprised that it didn't performed well in the box office.

New Nightmare was cool , a radical different take but unfortunately by that point , the nightmare franchise appeal was dying off after the lackluster sequels towards the end which was a damn shame. I loved heather langenkamp and her character in the NOEM movies.

Not really a big fan of Event horizon , essentially a haunted house movie in space but i found it lacking somewhat.

I hate box office receipt-based articles.  I know that it is a business and that is all that matters to Hollywood, but I can't agree on such a simplistic metric.  Titanic was an OK film, and I tend to sing its theme songs on Movie Night to piss people off, but is it one of the best films ever?  If you say "Yes," I will send out Chibbles the Sharp to punch you.

Chibble the Sharp-

https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/Chibbles_The_Sharp.jpg

You have been warned.

Chibble doesn't look like the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I never put in a claim for his effectiveness.