Re: Where's Wolfy?

Well I miss some of the old crew but I don't miss the time around here where this site almost turned into a dating site.  LOL

@Wolfy- nice to know that I haven't managed to anger everyone.  Yet.  lol

@CanadianWeasel- yeah, that was a rough time.  It was kind of funny for a while, but the shizzle was getting weird.  Hence the Great Purge.  I had only been lurking/on for about a year, so I don't remember many of those that left then.

It was mostly teenie-boppers who caused the date-site feel.  I don't miss any of them.  The ones I miss are the old regulars who apparently lost interest before we executed the purge and got rid of all the horny teenagers. 

Then again, maybe they're not regulars anymore because we got rid of all the horny teenagers. lol

What was the purge (on HM, I know its a movie)?

LoudLon wrote:

Then again, maybe they're not regulars anymore because we got rid of all the horny teenagers. lol

I'm STILL HERE!!! Mwahahaha lol

Ghostseeker wrote:

Couple years back a lot of folks up and got themselves banned for being pains in the ass.  Sure they posted a lot, but they also derailed many a topic to the point where the joint started reading like a Penthouse Forum.  The more mature members got tired of the horny teenager nonsense, but it wasn't just that; a lot of female members were complaining about some of the more aggressive male members, as well.  We even had a female member who found herself being stalked by a male member; dude was a major prick who even went so far as to post the lady's home address here on the boards for all to see (side note -- I enjoyed the fuck out of banning that guy lol ).

At any rate, shit just got out of hand and the hammer had to be dropped.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Between the time I lurked and joined (about a year or so), HM went from about how it is now to booty pics and sexual innuendo all over the place.  There was even one dedicated thread that was one step away from online sex postings.

Enough folks got annoyed enough that all that crap got shut down.  People got banned, people left because the crap was shut down.  A bunch of regulars left before the purge, which is what I think Lon is talking about.  Those are the folks I don't really know, but they sound like they would be great to still have.

The above is the reason we have the PG-13, no nudity, and no sexual harassing of other HM members rules.  It's not like we don't like sexy, but we don't want it to degrade to the mess it was.  And the forum is not going to be the crap throwing fest that bloody-disgusting is.  There's a reason HM is know as one of the friendliest horror sites.

Howdy & Lon can feel free to correct any mistakes I made.

edit- figures Lon drops a post while I'm typing mine up!  lol
edit 2- You get banned on HM, most likely I'm banning you from Skype.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-10-21 10:17:12)

azathoth wrote:

Howdy & Lon can feel free to correct any mistakes I made.

Nope, you pretty much summed it up.  smile

Interesting history of the board. Hadn't heard about any of that. I used to post on another board (still do from time to time) for years, and it always remained clean, and tight knit, my one beef was the constant bickering and flaming. Metalheads are a fickle bunch.

Well, members leaving is fairly tough, but unfortunately it happens all the time on pretty much every other forum, lol.

I might kid and post some sexy girls once in a while but I know the reasons why. Been online for the most part of my life so I never push the limits.

Ah well, it happen once with a Succubus pict but Cap. Howdy Scary Cool was kind enough to get the pict out but left the link. smile

There's some stuff that you just can't put up. It's logic and common sense.

@Lon- good to know I'm not completely daft.

@Carnage- Oh, we know that this happens.  It's just tough after you've chatted with a person over 100+ movies. 

@Punk- You are remarkably well behaved for being evil-chaotic.

I let my Naughty Chaosful Evilness go wild elsewhere. big_smile

^^

http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/god_help_us_0.jpg

^^^
MWAHAHAHA That's a good one. lol

Wow. Interesting history indeed.
I hope no one else disappears or I'll get pissed off tongue

Just talked to MovieMaven- she said "Hi, and thanks for remembering me."

azathoth wrote:
Ghostseeker wrote:

Between the time I lurked and joined (about a year or so), HM went from about how it is now to booty pics and sexual innuendo all over the place.  There was even one dedicated thread that was one step away from online sex postings.

Wowza. I must have arrived just shortly after "The Great Purge" then, because I don't remember one ever happening since the time I've been a member. Funny that HM expelled a bunch of regular horny teenagers and then nearly immediately gained one back. Heh heh.

^^
You wanna get banned, punk? lol

Say yes, Creech.  It's been a while since I've got to ban an actual person as opposed to a bot.  I'm jonesing, yo.

Yes, interesting history...thanks Lon and Az.  I've been here coming up on three years, and I don't remember that, so it musta been before me.

Lon - Just curious, you wrote that you banned someone back then.  Were you a mod then?  I thought you became one since I joined.  Or maybe it was since I was here you were referring to...not sure.

*** EDIT ***

Just wanna add that I appreciate all that the mods, and regular members do, to keep this place friendly.  I like that I can post the occasional pic of my daughter and not worry bout a negative comment of some sort.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-10-21 21:49:44)

Yes, that's what's cool about here. Nobody is saying crap about anybody and when it happens it's always done respectfully or for the damn good fun of it. Assholes. lol

azathoth wrote:

^^
You wanna get banned, punk? lol

Yo kXnPunk, can't you see the monkey asked you a question! lol tongue

@Lon, Nah, you're stuck with me. big_smile

Hahahaha Hadn't seen it obviously.
But is this place turning into Facebook??? It's the only place I've been banned from since 1984. lol

But no I don't want...

kXnPunk wrote:

Yes, that's what's cool about here. Nobody is saying crap about anybody and when it happens it's always done respectfully or for the damn good fun of it. Assholes. lol

Yeah Punk...you charade yourself as this crazy anarchist dude with a harsh drug history that sees ghosts and likes movies with blood and gore...well, yeah you are and those things are true ( smile ), but you're also one of the nicest people here (I'm not trying to ruin your rep) as you have not one bad word to say towards anyone and are actually really respectful and fun.  So...what I'm trying to say is...you're one cool dude and I like having you here.  smile  Ok, sappy post over.