Topic: Curse of Chucky Chronology

When was the Curse of Chucky supposed to take place in the chronology of the rest of the franchise's movies? At first I assumed it was supposed to take place after the Seed of Chucky, but by the end I wasn't sure. I know it came after the Child's Play movies but I wasn't sure if it was supposed to come before the Bride of Chucky.

Re: Curse of Chucky Chronology

I was sure it was supposed to take place before Bride as the end is basically a recreation of the opining of Bride with Jennifer Tilly and the cop.

So it would be,

Childs Play
Childs Play 2
Childs Play 3
Curse
Bride
Seed

I thought the same thing but Chucky mentions the Kincaids during Curse. The Kincaids were the family from the Bride of Chucky so maybe the script just wasn't consistent.

The most likely explanation is that the different writers weren't pay much attention.  Or didn't care that much.  Try and figure out an overall arc for all of Jason, Mike, or Freddy movies.  Heck, there's still debate of whether Evil Dead 2 is a remake or sequel, and the same people made it!

It does take place after Seed because of Chucky's mentioning of the Kincaids and Tilly's. And Don Mancini even stated that this does take place after and doesn't ignore his previous films in an interview i read

Vasquez wrote:

I was sure it was supposed to take place before Bride as the end is basically a recreation of the opining of Bride with Jennifer Tilly and the cop.

So it would be,

Childs Play
Childs Play 2
Childs Play 3
Curse
Bride
Seed

I think the same away as well but  what gets me in the 6 months later! what time line would that be in ?

And finally came out in UK Yesterday and added to rest of my Chucky Collection, I need to get the chucky doll too lol

Last edited by BASSI (2013-10-22 09:21:22)

It's last in chronological order, I'm sure.

The after-credits scene was kind of confusing at first, but I figure that he just couldn't complete what he was trying at the end of the movie. So then it skips forward. Chucky definitely mentioned the Tillys.

I haven't seen Seed, though.

It does take place after Seed of Chucky, although I have no idea where Glen and Glenda are (Perhaps at home being babysat?)

But it ends with Andy finally killing Chucky... for now anyway

Last edited by RawHeadRex (2013-10-28 08:39:29)

Now that I think about it Chucky gets his face stitched up in Bride so this one would have to take place after that at least

not to be a smart-ass or anything but does it really matter?

^^^
For true fans of Chucky like me YES IT DOES MATTER!!!

I did see a preview of i'm guessing is the latest childs play movie. don't remember what it is called but it in the previews of "the purge" and it looked like it might be worth a rental

uwe boll must be stopped wrote:

not to be a smart-ass or anything but does it really matter?

No one is making you read this thread. If it doesn't interest you you don't have to bother reading it.