Topic: HM HorrorFest 2013 Official Announcement

Hello gals and gents, simians and other semi-organic life forms.  It's time for the annual HM HorrorFest!

What- HM's HorrorFest 2013
When- Starts 8PM Halloween Night and runs to Monday morning
How- Skype text and audio (optional)
Who- You!
Why- To get together and chat while watching horror films.

If you're new, post your Skype name here, or PM me with it.  Or you can send a request to
azathoth1945
on Skype.  Just mention you're from HM.  I don't accept random invites.
I will start a new convo on Skype Wednesday.  I'll call it
HM HorrorFest 2013

The rules for HFest are the same as HM's.  #1 is respect.  I or my helpers will boot you from the convo if you harass someone.  Joking around is fine.  This is an adult event, so adult language is OK; just try not to go overboard with it.  If you need to drop a f-bomb in every sentence, you're not getting your point across very well.  I'm giving Lon and Punk admin privileges, and possibly some others.

Most of HFest will not be recorded; however if there is a goodly number of people for a fun movie, I may record it.  I will let everyone know that I'm recording before hand.  It's audio only, so no text is recorded, therefore you can opt out of being recorded just by turning your mic off.  Try to use a headset if you go audio- it just helps with feedback and such.

After consulting with a few other members, I decided to go with more films that are not on YouTube, so you'll have to find some of them on your own.  I provided links to StageVu and DailyMotion for some of the films.  We use those because both sites have a copyright policy in place.  We do not condone copyright violations.

OK, legal stuff out of the way.  I took many suggestions and tried to mix up selection- we have Halloweens, of course, plus some favorites (Alien, Hausu, Night of the Creeps) with several new & odd movies.

Here's the lineup-

https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/HorrorFest_2013.jpg

Here is the full spreadsheet with all the additional links.

(Here is the editable spreadsheet if you find any new info to post, such as trailers I couldn't find.  If you find new YouTube links I missed, feel free to post them up.  If you find other links to the movies make sure the site has a published copyright policy.)

So that should cover most of it.  Post any questions you have here or PM me.  Expect some glitches, it's not a Movie Night until at least one thing goes haywire lol .  See y'all in 5 days big_smile .

Edit- the last 2 HFest schedules.

HFest 2011 schedule.  Wow, what a cheap looking spreadsheet, lol !

HFest 2012 schedule.  I spent a bit more time on that one.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-10-26 14:50:11)

Re: HM HorrorFest 2013 Official Announcement

Yay!  But I still have a LOT of movies to download. lol

There are 13 I haven't seen.  Going to be interesting this year.

Haven't seen:

The Tower
Twisted
The Giant Claw
Campfire Tales
Shadow: Dead Riot
Spirit Camp

But I'd say there's about half of the entire schedule that I don't have and will need to DL.

EDIT:

Scratch that.  About 3/4 of the list I have to DL. lol

There's tons I haven't seen that are on the list. A lot I own, some I think I can borrow from a few friends. But some are free online to, like Hausu, which I haven't seen and have been wanting to watch for years.

I'll be on and off for HFest, one of the days I'll be at the local Comicon.

Spider Baby
Blood Rage
The Tower
The Plague of the Zombies
Simon Says
The Boogens
The Willies
The Strangeness
Campfire Tales (not sure)
Demonwarp
I Woke Up Early the Day I Died
Halloween 2 (2009)
Spirit Camp

@Lon-
You'll get a kick out of The Giant Claw.  It's not quite as inept as Plan 9, but it tries.  (For fun, check out this review of it.)
And Golem was telling me that Shadow: Dead Riot has a pickaxe throwing machine that fires in all directions at once.

@Theli-
You'll love Hausu, especially if we have several people watching.  Just fun.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-10-26 12:47:25)

^^^ The eyeball in the mouth scene from Hausu gets me every time.  As wacky and insane as that flick is, that's actually a really creepy moment to me. lol

I won't be watching every movie this year, but good news! I got the speaker/microphone thing on my laptop working so I won't have to type this year. smile

you have an interesting varied list there Az. i love "Prophecy" (1979) and have my own copy. a lot of people hate it, i think it excellent, a great monster movie. might try to catch that one with you. " the Giant Claw " is a guilty pleasure of mine, it's actually not too bad a film it's just the daft goofy bird!

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-10-26 14:37:18)

@Scav-
Excellent!  No one has ever watched every HFest movie.  I think I got 2/3rds for the first one, and I think Lon got about 70% last year.  I run these things for 70+ hours on purpose- I have 9 time zones to cover.  (If someone from Hawai'i or Japan ever joins up, I'm just going to say, "Game over, man.  Game over!"  At least Australia was 12 hours different, I just had to flip AM/PM for them.)

edit-
@Wolfy-
Prophecy I put in for you.  I tried to pick at least one movie from everyone's suggestions.  Giant Claw is so bad with the science, logic, dialog... it rocks!  I put in more fun movies this year; last year was more serious.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-10-26 14:45:38)

Pisses me off when my yearly thread gets buried.

Also, I'll be on Skype if anyone wants to seriously debate changing out a movie.  The window for changing films out is Sunday night.

This thread will be pimped for the next 5 days.  Get used to it.

LoudLon wrote:

Haven't seen:

The Tower
Twisted
The Giant Claw
Campfire Tales
Spirit Camp

But I'd say there's about half of the entire schedule that I don't have and will need to DL.

EDIT:

Scratch that.  About 3/4 of the list I have to DL. lol

Oh you should not miss Shadow: Dead Riot.
It's one of the most hilarious movies I've ever seen, which is why I suggested it.

Coming up soon, man that's cool. I'll try to grab them all and see them all but anything can happen due to my wasted state. Of course damn, who the H3LL can spend Halloween without partying is truely beyond me. lol

^^
I forgot to mention in my main post that I'll probably being missing H2 on Thursday due to a Halloween party.  That's why you & Lon are being granted admin privileges- need someone to smack around anyone that gets out of hand.

canceled

Last edited by azathoth (2013-10-26 19:52:44)

Haven't heard her, but I've heard you. 

I've heard a bird being consumed alive by a cat sing in better tune. big_smile

Nah, she really doesn't want to do it.  Y'all are saved from my dulcet sonorous tones this year.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-10-26 19:40:50)

Interesting. smile

^^
Which thing is interesting?  There's about 8 different things going on already.

And it's not even Sunday yet.
Then there may be 4-assed monkeys.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070925204536/southpark/images/1/1e/4assed_monkey.gif

Last edited by azathoth (2013-10-26 22:16:28)

That monkey has four asses.  It's a 4-assed monkey!

Wonderful.
My thread has degenerated to 4-assed monkeys.
Well, it could be worse.  We could be talking about 5-assed monkeys.  Dear Jobu, you don't want to go there.

That list looks pretty great, I must say. I haven't seen about half of them either, so this should be a fun/interesting few days of marathon-ing. You did a good job, Azzy - thanks for putting all that time into keeping H-Fest going! It's appreciated. smile I'll try to be online as much as I can, given that I have Halloween and the following four days off of work. I'm mucho excited!

^^
Cool Creetch.  If you're going to be on a bunch, let me know and I'll make you an admin on Skype.  There is no way I'm going to be awake for 7373 hours- and I don't know when Lon and Punk will be on. 

And thanks, but to be honest, I started this for myself because I don't have any horror groups around here, but it grew into really loving talking with all you folks. (I've talked with people into 5AM.)

I know it's stupid and vain, but I really want to provide a fun time for everyone.  I told DG that the reason I do my monkey thing is because it makes people smile.  It's what I do.  And I keep doing it because I like you folks and you seem to like my simian antics.

Anyway-
The damn HFest is coming up.  Show up or I'll send the glowing monkeys after you.

Just curious and you may have posted this but I'm just too lazy to go all the way back through.  Will links to the movies be posted?

floridapossum wrote:

Just curious and you may have posted this but I'm just too lazy to go all the way back through.  Will links to the movies be posted?

Right here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub … utput=html

@Azzy, and behind the monkey, you're a good man. It's a pleasure to have gotten to meet/know you a bit over the years. smile

Last edited by The Creature (2013-10-27 02:09:21)