Re: HM HorrorFest 2013 Official Announcement

Thursday, 10PM, US Eastern daylight savings time (DST), 2AM grand meridian time (GMT)

Just finished  Halloween II (1982).
Lot's of people, had 9 at one point, down to 7 now (edit 6-MoonRaven just took off).  Still have Punk, Possum, Lon, Theli, Vasquez & Creature.
We do have voice chat on if you want to list the dulcet tones of Lon.  And Possum has her barking possum. lol

Next up-
Halloween III: Season of the Witch

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-01 22:56:37)

I was until BADASS Blue Screened. lol

Come back Punky!

Well OK then, should be there in a few minutes... Takes years to load. lol

Friday, midnight US Eastern DST, 4AM GMT

Finished up Halloween III: Season of the Witch.
Good stuff.  Started off late because was bringing in the decorations.  But good stuff.  Underappreciated.
Lost Punk, Golem, Vas (?), and the barking Hamsters, but still had AwesomePossum, Creatch, Ravie, Lon the Loud, & The Thelister.  And me. (I really really should have taken better notes!)

Next up, now with Punk.
Halloween (1978).

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-01 22:56:13)

That damn Skype keeps giving me Blue Screens so fuck that, I'll never use it ever again. I prefer missing out than being annoyed like I am now. Grrrrr...

I make up a YouTube playlist for the remaining videos.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL … -Hdm11jZBf

They're in order, but don't cover all the films.

^^^
Oh I have them all or almost. But thanks anyways. I'll just watch them without you guys, until I get a better computer. roll

Friday, 2AM US Eastern DST, 6AM GMT

Just finished up  Halloween (1978).
Excellent as always.
We lost Punk 1/2 way through (see above ^^) and Raven a little bit later, so was down to Possum, Creature, Theli, Lon, and a monkey.

Next up is a comdey-horror with Lon Cheny, Jr.-

Spider Baby (1968)

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-01 22:55:42)

Friday, 3:15AM US Eastern DST, 7:15AM GMT

Just finished Spider Baby (1968).
An odd one.  Chaney pulled off some good scenes.  And there were plenty of odd scenes to pass around.  Afterwards, Lon remarked, "I can see why I didn't remember this film."  lol

The time is is starting to wear on us.  Theli dropped out 1/2 way through.  Possum (though I think she fell asleep us), Creature, Lon and I toughed it out.

Next up is the uncut version of Blood Rage (1987).
Lon is not joining Creature & I.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-01 22:55:23)

Friday,  5AM US Eastern DST, 9AM GMT

Finished watching Blood Rage (1987)
Good 80s slasher- high body count and gory.  And of course the ladies.

We're calling it quits.  All that is left right now is Creature and I, and we're both zonked and want to make it back for The Video Dead.

The next film up was supposed to be The Tower (1993), but no one else is here.  We're an hour ahead, so if you show up feel free to start when ever. 

Next person who shows up on Skype, Here is the schedule.  Write down who showed up for what so I can put it into the log.

See y'all soon.  big_smile

Tallies for the night (let me know if I'm wrong)-
Azzy          5
Creature  5
Possum   3
Golem     .5 (corrected from Skype)
Lon          4
MoonRaven 1 (corrected below)
Punk        1.5
Theli        4 (corrected below)
Vasquesz  1(?)

barking hamsters- at least 1.5

I had to restart the convo; my cache was slowing down Ziggy.  The new one the same name
HM HFest 2013
scary I'm hitting shift + enter to go a new line lol .

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-01 22:55:05)

You guys are doing well.

I was only around for Halloween II
Had to get my butt home, shower and in bed. Since I'm off tomorrow, hoping to hang around for some of them (if I don't fall asleep tongue)

Anyone here for The Dead Pit? Definitely looks interesting, so I might watch if someone else shows up. Also very confused about the skype chat and if it even works for me. Downloaded actual skype now.

@Punk
If Skype gives you bluescreen (as it did for me in the past), just downlaod Trillian. Problem solved.
But if you want to actually save the groups to your contactlist, you need the Trillian Beta:
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4848- … -beta.html

^^^
Ohhhhhh that's very cool, gonna grab it right away!!!
Thanks sir. You're not really german are you??? Hahaha lol

I am, why?
Be quick and join us for The Dead Pit, punk

Last edited by golem09 (2013-11-01 09:07:39)

^^^
Was just wondering as LoudLon was joking about that last night. That's sweet, love the country.

But H3LL I log into Skype using Facebook which Trillian don't seem to get so I'm still at the same point...

Just make up another account. Call it punkHFEST, why care about it?

I stayed awake to the end, but i was out cold within minutes of Spider Baby's over the top ending. My guts feel like shit, ate too much god damn candy.

Friday, 12:45PM US Eastern DST, 4:45 GMT

We just conquered The Dead Pit (1989)!
Decent enough mad doctor & zombie film.

It was Golem and I, with Punk having his usual problems (see above).

Looks like I'm flying solo with The Video Dead (1987).

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-01 22:54:22)

Well I'm here for a little while, have to go out today.  I feel asleep sitting up, watching Spider Baby, lol.

This figures.

I get up around 11:45 thinking cool, I still have a few minutes before Video Dead on H-fest, a movie I love to rip apart. 

So I take the dog out, only to find that apparently we had a pretty strong wind blow through last night after I fell asleep, because all our patio furniture, our patio plants, our trash can, and several odds and ends we keep beside the house have been blown half-way down the street and our porch is smothered in leaves, twigs and one pretty good sized branch.  So I get to work. 

Cut to an hour later.  I've collected all the scattered crap, re-potted several of the plants, set everything back in its place.  Too late now for Video Dead, but certainly I'll be there for The Dead Hate the Living.

So I move the copy I DLed last night into the "My Videos" folder on my PC, which is the folder my XBox reads from when I stream movies through it.  But what's this?  X-Box doesn't recognize the file type.  Which is odd, considering it's an AVI, and XBox normally reads AVI files without a problem.  So now I have to convert the video to MP4, which will take about half an hour, maybe forty five minutes.

However, when I'm converting a video, it uses 100% of my decent, but not great, CPU.  If I attempt to run another process -- such as Skype -- Skype will glitch all over the place and the conversion program will slow down to a screeching halt.

Brass tacks: I'll be there in about half an hour. lol

Yeah damn wind, the skinny me almost went flying all over the place when I went to the store... And riding my bike was almost impossible.

Ah well now it's time for me to go downtown to finish collecting my stuff for the month. I'll try to fuck around with this damn Skype after I get back...

Tried to make it back for The Video Dead, but had to go into town. I'm back now, but I need to catch some Z's. I'll be back for Prophecy at 6pm! smile

Friday, 3:45PM US Eastern DST, 7:45 GST

2 updates for the price of one!

I watched a chunk of The Video Dead (1987) before I had to take Ziggy apart and work on the house.

No one watched The Dead Hate the Living (2000).

Next up is Simon Says (2006).

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-01 22:53:48)

I'll be there for Prophecy and whatever if Skype screws up on me...

It's on YouTube BTW.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVADAFmZXXQ