Re: Horror movie project!

LoudLon wrote:

Put it to you like this: I'm naturally predisposed to really popular shows and movies, but I finally gave it a shot, and was hooked by the second episode.  Lots of blood, boobs, gore, and quirk.  And as I said, actual bad-ass vampires.

Alright, then, I'll go and give it a shot.

Must watch films, at least from my perspective:

George Romero's Dead Series (the trilogy Night, Dawn, and Day...also recommend Land)
John Carpenter's The Thing (a masterpiece in character/setting/special effects disposition)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre ('74...notice how "chain" and "saw" are separate words tongue )
Return of the Living Dead (immensely enjoyable is all I'll say)
Pet Sematary (I don't watch it all that much anymore...but it still retains its tone and vibe as the most unsettling and chilling for me)

And if you want a non-guilty favorite of mine (though I probably should be guilty), then Bruno Mattei & Lucio Fulci's Zombi 3.

Which Return of the Living Dead film has the hand giving them the finger? Someone told me about that.

You should watch Psycho 2

My 3 suggestions: Dead Alive, Midnight Meat Train and The Kingdom (sometimes can only be found as "Riget") If you find the Stephen King version of Kingdom hospital, don't bother, they butchered it and not in a good way. You need to find the actual Lars Von Trier Danish tv series compiled together as a movie package. There's also a 2007 action movie of the same name. It can be kinda tricky getting the right one lol.

p.s if I remember correctly the entirety of it (Kingdom 1+2, all episodes) is approximately 6hrs long. I saw it in a theater and we had a few breaks usually after a couple hours.

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Which Return of the Living Dead film has the hand giving them the finger? Someone told me about that.

Evil dead 2 is the one with the possessed hand giving the finger to ash.

^ Indeed. @Allucard, The Evil Dead series (consisting of Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn, and Army of Darkness - aka, Evil Dead III) is also an essential watch. Bruce Campbell is basically a revered hero for the horror film fanbase (and rightly so...he's pretty badass, especially in Army of Darkness!).

The Kingdom (Danish)-
http://www.amazon.com/The-Kingdom-Serie … he+kingdom

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Yea ya did, I have a screencap, tongue

Before editing DOESN'T COUNT!!! tongue

fmvgamer wrote:
Alucard the Risen wrote:

Not a possessed hand, a zombie hand, I remember a zombie film from my teenage years with "Living Dead" in the title with the hand giving them the finger as they escape, the only Evil Dead film I've seen was the original Evil Dead, which I now own as of today.

@ kXnPunk: Oh yes it does, tongue

Last edited by Alucard the Risen (2013-11-05 18:44:32)

I've only seen the first three Return flicks and it's not in any of those, but there were two direct-to-video sequels made in the mid-00's I never saw, so maybe check those.

Noooooo , the return of the living dead 4 & 5 were pretty bad , hilariously bad with the borg zombies in part 4.

Alucard the Risen wrote:
fmvgamer wrote:
Alucard the Risen wrote:

Not a possessed hand, a zombie hand, I remember a zombie film from my teenage years with "Living Dead" in the title with the hand giving them the finger as they escape, the only Evil Dead film I've seen was the original Evil Dead, which I now own as of today.

Don't say i remember any of the return of the living dead movie zombie hand giving the finger though . i remember a zombie hand did try to choke the old guy i think in part 2.
There was a zombie hand in waxwork I & II but don't remember it giving a finger to anyone , was used as evidence.

The finger scene from evil dead 2
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac5/pisceseye12/funny%20stuff/evildead2dsg1.gif

Dude, I need sleep, I coulda sworn you said "bong zombies", ha, smile

fmvgamer wrote:
Alucard the Risen wrote:
fmvgamer wrote:

Don't say i remember any of the return of the living dead movie zombie hand giving the finger though . i remember a zombie hand did try to choke the old guy i think in part 2.
There was a zombie hand in waxwork I & II but don't remember it giving a finger to anyone , was used as evidence.

The finger scene from evil dead 2
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac5/pisceseye12/funny%20stuff/evildead2dsg1.gif

No, this one was lying in the street and they were escaping in a vehicle, it's been about twelve years now, so that and "Living Dead" in the title is all I remember, Hastings even had a prop of it, but I was stupid and didn't buy it that night.

According to http://filmconnoisseur.blogspot.com/201 … i.html?m=1 it was Return of the Living Dead Part II.

Alucard the Risen wrote:

According to http://filmconnoisseur.blogspot.com/201 … i.html?m=1 it was Return of the Living Dead Part II.

Yeah , it's been a while since i saw that movie. I only remember that hand choking the old guy in the car and him throwing it out the window. Funnily enough , the most i remember about return of the living dead II is for the michael jackson zombie that they threw in at the end which was hilarious at the time.

Damn, forgot about that part! That makes the $2.99 tag even more appealing.

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Borg zombies as in the borg , the villains from star trek TNG. Return of the living dead 4 is pretty terrible.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/cineschlock/images/zombieborg.jpg

fmvgamer wrote:
Alucard the Risen wrote:

Borg zombies as in the borg , the villains from star trek TNG. Return of the living dead 4 is pretty terrible.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/cineschlock/images/zombieborg.jpg

I know who the Borg are, I was just in the wrong mindset when reading that, tongue

But holy crap that is a Zomborg! I take it it's bad-bad, not bad-good? (Part IV)

Last edited by Alucard the Risen (2013-11-06 01:04:10)

Ahhhhhhhh....yeah, I remember that bit now, the zombie clinging to the top of the car, its hand breaks off and they toss it around inside before Suzanne Snyder throws it out the window. 

Can't believe I didn't recall that. hmm

I personally found return of the living dead 4 & 5 bad-bad like some of the hellraiser sequels , low budget , cheap and awful but if bad movies is your thing , you could give it a try.

Well there are bad movies that are 'good', that have something, then there are bad movies that are just crap.

@Gamer- Oh, c'mon- "Rave to Grave!"  lol  (I just couldn't keep a straight face for that one.)

^^^
Mwahaha H3LL yeah!!!

Bad Bad IS Good Good Good. No Bad is Bad either.

Yeah, Bad movies is definitely my thing. Hahaha

I'm BAD!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!! lol