Re: Let's share personality profiles

Theli wrote:
floridapossum wrote:

Well this is pretty funny since INTJs are less than 10% of the regular population.

That's what I am too.

Introvert(44%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Thinking(25%)  Judging(22%)

Buit I kind of find these tests sorta bogus for real informational purposes, other than just being fun. Kind of leading questions. And most people don't see things in black & white, yes and noes, we're mostly grey areas, sometimes and maybes.

Actually these tests are incredibly accurate and used in many big businesses to give insight into managing certain groups of people.  Millions of dollars are spent yearly by businesses on tests similar to this one.  I have used it in virtually every job I've ever had, and am currently using it at work.  The test takes into account all the things you mentioned and they are factored into the result.

Does it take into account my emtions or state of mind while I am taking the test? Because I can guarantee I would have given different answers on a different day.

Edit: That said I am sure it will be accurate to within a certain degree. But using these kinds of tests is NOT a good way to judge people, and can be potentially damaging or dangerous to people's reputations and/or chances at getting jobs or education. The only way you can know someone is by actually knowing them.

Last edited by Theli (2013-11-09 17:57:14)

azathoth wrote:

I have no idea what this has to do with anything, but it made me chuckle-

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XT6DoZ0bSIo/T_fSNGDYzoI/AAAAAAAAALk/ATN_0chfJvs/s320/128717716552875373.jpg

It was from Friends.

The tests are fairly good.  The longer ones ask similar questions several times to even out a "bad day's" emotions.

The thing is if you have any experience with them and psych classes, you can game them easily.  Or maybe it's just me, since I've gone through about a dozen psych evals.  (And passed all of them.  Now, where's my knife... lol )

edit- Felt the need to tell everyone the above thing was a joke.  I used a chainsaw.  big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-09 18:06:10)

Sure you can scam them if you want to, but some companies actually do use these as tools when looking to hire a new employee.  I have take multiple variations on this Myers Briggs over the years, but have only deviated within the NT ranks, and I believe that was due to a job I had at the time.  90% of the time I'm INTJ but have hopped over to ENTJ a couple of times

^^
Oh, I'm not disagreeing that they are used, and they are useful for the general population.  I was just pointing out I'm a sociopath.  big_smile tongue

Moi

ISFJ
Introvert(67%)  Sensing(25%)  Feeling(25%)  Judging(44%)
You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Damn ravens and their squawking unsettling things from doorways...

heh

I'm afraid most of us here are sociopaths.  At the very lease, anti-social personality disorder.

And yet we all get along so well on movie nights.  Madness loves company?

Anti-social personality disorder is the "new" name for sociopathy.  That said, there's a laundry list of traits a person has to meet to be considered one, and while we do have a lot of glib assholes here, that doesn't mean we -- I mean they -- are sociopaths.  And if you say otherwise I'll stomp a kitten to death and laugh about it.

I'm all RED and BLACK, of course. No grey ever and I HATE yellow and white, I hate light, Vampire so it's normal. lol
But yes, these tests aren't really accurate especially when there's no both answers options...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-11-10 00:42:25)

@Lon, speak for yourself, did you hear that?  Piss me off and I'll set you on fire!

I've been burned before.  Figuratively, that is.  Not by actual fire.  Though have accidentally dropped my cigarette on my lap a few times.  And I did once get a nasty grease burn back in the 90s while working at a potato chip factory.  But did I cry, or even wince?  Hells to the no.  I choked it down, refusing to show weakness so as not to be deemed a nancy boy by my co-workers, and instead wept like a sissified little girlie man on the inside.

So do your worst, sister.  Even if it hurts like a son of a bitch, I won't give you the satisfaction of seeing me writhe in pain.

*flex*

I hate burns, they're messy, require sterile technique, and stink.

As I live in H3LL, I don't care about being burned, used to it. lol

But I've seen some nasty stuff in the news and hospital and for nurses like you, it must be quite a damn crazy work to fix that up.

LoudLon wrote:

*flex*

SuperFlex SexPecs Sharkmaster returns!

He has been gone for far too long.

And I just referred to myself in the third person.  BOOM.

It's OK, Azathoth also only refers to Azathoth in the 3rd person.  For Azzy is snazzy.

Dude, I think you just referred to yourself in the fourth person. lol

I could always invoke the "Royal 'We'".
Such as, We prefer our horror films to have atmosphere.  We are not impressed with spring-loaded chihuahuas.

floridapossum's barking chihuahua. big_smile

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lidyifhHkv1qbrgkz.jpg

Is that thing missing it's front paws?

It looks like the beast from my nightmares.

^^^
I don't think so, these dudes have VERY little paws so it's hard to see.

And poor you man, haunted by a chihuahua. Mwahahaha lol