Topic: DHMW Season 2 ROUND 13

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IN THE ACTUAL POLL!  YOU KNOW, THAT THING WAY UP THERE AT THE TOP OF THE POST?  WHERE YOU CLICK IN ONE OF THE LITTLE CIRCLES AND THEN CLICK THAT LITTLE GREEN BUTTON WHICH READS "VOTE"?  Yeah, THAT thing.

With the month 3 final over it's time for a new set of weekly rounds.  This week sees  a meeting of irresistible force and immovable obect as...

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Deadliest%20Horror%20Movie%20Warrior/Michael_zps42030ddd.jpghttp://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Deadliest%20Horror%20Movie%20Warrior/VS_zps44cdb67f.jpghttp://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Deadliest%20Horror%20Movie%20Warrior/maniaccop_zps7bd7d789.jpg

Evil on two legs with a flair for slice-and-dice tangles with an undead cop sworn to protect and sever -- er, serve.  Who'll be left standing?  Cast your votes and find out!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is DEADLIER.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

P.S. - I likely won't be home to post a new match next weekend (heading out of state for Thanksgiving) so the next match will be posted two weeks from today, December 12th.

Re: DHMW Season 2 ROUND 13

I don't know that I have a strong rationale to back up my Michael pick.  Both are evil killers who have come back many times after being presumably killed.

However, Michael has survived longer.  Plus he's at his best at Halloween!  I go with Michael.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-11-24 23:08:35)

I haven't seen Maniac Cop in forever, I remember him being pretty bad ass though... I still gotta go with Michael Meyers. He'll just keep coming, no matter what. He may move slow, but some how he's always just around the corner, so good luck outrunning him. He has taken many bullets before and kept on ticking, so I don't think the .38 or the nightstick would be a big deal to him. Both are tough and super strong, after a long drawn out battle I think Mikey pulls it off (Cordell's head that is).

So,  here we have a undead vs a mortal. Hmmmm...

Michael Myers has always been triumphant taking on humans. Human bodies are fragile. He, for the most part, makes easy work of them. 

Matt Cordell is already dead, pretty much impervious to pain (like Michael) and can take a licking. (also like Michael). The thing that Matt has going for his is that he's faster than Michael.

I see this battle taking a long-long-LONG time. Both contestants walloping on one another till no end in sight.  In the end though... I think Matt takes this one. Not by using his nightstick, or .38.  By beheading Michael with his brute strength!

Winner: Officer Matt Cordell

Bump

Thanks Underdog, I would of missed this one...

Cordell. Why???

HE'S A FREAKING COP DAMNIT!!! Hahaha

Underdog wrote:

Michael Myers has always been triumphant taking on humans. Human bodies are fragile. He, for the most part, makes easy work of them. 

Matt Cordell is already dead, pretty much impervious to pain (like Michael) and can take a licking. (also like Michael). The thing that Matt has going for his is that he's faster than Michael.

I see this battle taking a long-long-LONG time. Both contestants walloping on one another till no end in sight.  In the end though... I think Matt takes this one. Not by using his nightstick, or .38.  By beheading Michael with his brute strength!

When it comes down to it, whoever loses is decapitated. Anything else just wouldn't put these tough bastards away.

Theli wrote:
Underdog wrote:

When it comes down to it, whoever loses is decapitated. Anything else just wouldn't put these tough bastards away.

I hadn't read your post and It was purely by coincidence that I also think that one of these brutes would have to be decapitated to win the battle.  Dastardly minds thing alike, I guess. big_smile

^^^
Damn we're a bunch that way it seems because I TOTALLY agree that still with their heads it'd be loooooooooooooooong.

The head, always the head.

Resident Evil: Shoot the head... Bang, bang, bang. Rwaaauurrrggh!!! lol

*Bump*  Show some support here guys/gals...

Good job sir... And yeah come on.

Okie doke.  Voting's over.  The results:

Michael Myers
Total Votes: 2
Justified Votes: 2 x 5 pts each = 10 pts
Non-Justified Votes: 0
Total points: 10

Matt Cordell
Total Votes: 3
Justified Votes: 3 x 5 pts each = 15
Non-Justified Votes: 0
Total points: 15

Winner: MATT CORDELL

I would have loved more participation in this one, but I have to say, kudos to you guys for not letting Myers' popularity influence your votes.  He's easily the more popular of the two by far, but I agree, if anyone can take down Myers, it's Cordell.  According to the first Maniac Cop film Cordell was a freakin' tank even BEFORE his murder and resurrection.  Good call, fellas.

Thanks to those of you who participated.  The holidays screwed up the fight schedule a bit, but I'll have the next round posted shortly. smile

AND another win for me. Damn I'm good. lol