Topic: POLL: DHMW Season 2 ROUND 14

HEY, YOU!   DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IN THE ACTUAL POLL!  YOU KNOW, THAT THING WAY UP THERE AT THE TOP OF THE POST?  WHERE YOU CLICK IN ONE OF THE LITTLE CIRCLES AND THEN CLICK THAT LITTLE GREEN BUTTON WHICH READS "VOTE"?  Yeah, THAT thing.

This week features what in wrestling is called a handicapped match, as...

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Deadliest%20Horror%20Movie%20Warrior/Pennywise_zpscc837c2e.jpg
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Deadliest%20Horror%20Movie%20Warrior/VS2_zpse78fcda4.jpg
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Deadliest%20Horror%20Movie%20Warrior/Winchesters_zps99092d4b.jpg

A powerful other-dimensional demon butts heads with the best monster hunters in the biz.  Have Dean and Sam bitten off more than they can chew, or will Pennywise be just another demonic notch on their belt?  Cast your votes!  Remembering first, of course...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is DEADLIER.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: DHMW Season 2 ROUND 14

As much as It is my favourite King book, and one of my favourite of all time. I do feel the Winchester bro's might have the stuff to defeat him. Really they have taken on other demon-like creatures and probably some inter-dimensional beasts (don't watch the show a ton). There is really nobody more well suited to deal with Pennywise than Sam and Dean.

I have not watched Supernatural, and to be honest, don't intend to. I have though watched the movie, It.

Given the list of abilities and weaknesses of the combatants:

I think the key here is: (1) the brothers have a vast knowledge of demonology, (2) are immune to being possessed. Therefore Pennywise would not be able to control their minds.

I think Pennywise would end up taking out one of the brothers during the battle.  But not before the duo does enough damage to Pennywise to severely weaken him, and ultimately taking him down.

Winner: Winchester Brothers

Last edited by Underdog (2013-12-04 19:43:50)

I feel like Pennywise from the book would definitely win the fight while Pennywise from the movie would definitely lose. In the book Pennywise is nearly godlike in the final battle, while in the movie he is a killer  clown (which Sam and Dean kill in season 2) and then a giant mutant spider (which Sam and Dean kill in season 6). I voted Pennywise because I judged it off the book.

I've watched only snippets of Supernatural episodes, so I really have very limited knowledge of The brothers' full capabilities. But, basing solely off of the abilities/weaknesses listing...

Winchester Brothers. They seem like a tight-knit, put-together, experienced team of monster fighters who know what they're doing when it comes to battling. I find it doubtful that they would fail to see through any of the illusions cast by Pennywise (deviously clever as they may be). Being that they are immune to possession, it would also seem a bit illogical to see them being mind-controlled by Pennywise. Shape-shifting? After however many seasons of Supernatural, that should seem like kiddy-stuff to them.

Though I've enjoyed IT more than Supernatural (because, as I've said, I've never watched a full episode), the winner would most likely be The Winchester Bros.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-12-03 21:43:24)

Pennywise is a Clown. Everybody hates Clowns so I'm pretty sure The Clamster bros would be way too unsettled by him that they'd loose all power.

Voting's over.  The results:

Pennwise:
2 Justified Votes x 5 pts each = 10 pts

Winchester Brothers:
3 Justified Votes x 5 pts each = 15 pts

Winners: THE WINCHESTER BROTHERS

Thanks to all who participated.  Off to post Round 15. smile

Damn I think that's the first time my choice didn't win.
Ah well that's what my true love for clowns does. roll