Topic: Naked Gun Reboot

It has been announced that Ed Helms is the new Frank Drebin. Not a terrible choice but I thought maybe Sean Penn might be an interesting choice.

Re: Naked Gun Reboot

WTF? Why reboot a parody? Naked Gun isn't just a funny movie, it's a zeitgeist - spirit of the times.  You can't improve on that, nor can it be updated, especially since the art of satire seems to have been completely lost on the current generation of Hollywood film makers.

NonEuclidean wrote:

WTF? Why reboot a parody? Naked Gun isn't just a funny movie, it's a zeitgeist - spirit of the times.  You can't improve on that, nor can it be updated, especially since the art of satire seems to have been completely lost on the current generation of Hollywood film makers.

it sure has. I don't think any of the people that make those movies even know what satire is.

Without Leslie Nielsen, what's the point?

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-12-14 04:29:30)

i read this somewhere else and put myself in denial and the thought that it was a horrible dream. i come on here this morning in all innocence and find it mentioned on here too sad

for christ's sake !!!! what the hell is going on with these idiots!!! ???   " Carrie " did not need remaking / rebooting/ reheating or whatever the fuck you want to call it, and neithier does " The Naked Gun"!!!!!!!! i am so pissed off with the film scene in general at the moment!!! and what the hell are they going to pick on next? no wonder i'm mostly buying films from the 60's, 70's and 80's now because there is very little that even causes a spark of excitement from me  filmwise these days in any genre including horror. it has become like an old animal that has become so old and infirm that it would be kinder to put it down, and yeah that describes me to a tee too!! coming on here lately, or anywhere on the  internet or looking at anything on the media is bad for my health i was seconds away from cancelling facebook yesterday and have put cancellation of twitter in motion. i know it won't stop all this insane crap,  not a thing i can do about it . there was a glimmer of hope when i hear that the  "Carrie " remake has flopped and perhaps i thought it might start a decline in all this film making madness but fuck it, where's my white flag? well time to stop moaning and groaning and go back to smacking my head against the wall. off to town to meet a friend, may well chuck myself under the bus instead of getting on it. bye bye.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-12-14 04:29:01)

I'm with everyone WTF who the hell thought you could remake such a beloved classic like naked gun. I can see now

I love leslie neilsen and those naked gun movies but i'm going to wait and see who they get to write it first

Why the hell do they have to remake everything?

They're welcome to remake my foot breaking off in their ass.

remakes really aren't that big of a deal. if it is great then woohoo, but if it is bad then you can always put your dvd of the original on and enjoy.

This is a stupid idea. Just make a new comedy/parody, though no matter what it won't stack up to Hot Fuzz for a modern cop parody.

Ash's missing hand wrote:

remakes really aren't that big of a deal. if it is great then woohoo, but if it is bad then you can always put your dvd of the original on and enjoy.

I agree with this sentiment in general, but I feel NonEuclidean hit the nail on the head with her comments, why remake a parody that was clearly a movie of it's time. Make a new parody and don't let the Wayans touch it.

Last edited by Theli (2014-03-04 11:45:37)

LoudLon wrote:

They're welcome to remake my foot breaking off in their ass.

Amen to that.

I guess they're only using the name, not actually remaking the series. We don't have any parody series for action movies nowadays, do we? Not a rhetorical question, I'm really asking.